Record Time of Osmo Auction
461 4 2019-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eur7nNs4eD9o
New

Hi All Have emailed support but have received no reply can someone let me know is there a max record time. Have taken four video's while riding a mountain bike and when played back each one only ran for 5min 27sec where each run on the bike was over 10mins, makes it hard if you have to stop nevery 5mins and restart the camera again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Greg

2019-9-29
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

Like most action cameras, the Osmo action splits files after ~5minutes. The extra footage should still be there on a second file (i.e. if your first file is named DJI_0001.mp4, the follow on file will be DJI_0001_001.mp4).
2019-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Greg. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to this issue. The maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_eur7nNs4eD9o
New

Thanks for the replies  will have to work out the jargon as to what it all means just thought i would be able to take a video and replay it on the computer, maybe put in the to hard basket i'm only a dumb plumber maybe if some water leaked out i could fix it.
Thanks anyway Greg
2019-9-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

djiuser_eur7nNs4eD9o Posted at 9-30 02:18
Thanks for the replies  will have to work out the jargon as to what it all means just thought i would be able to take a video and replay it on the computer, maybe put in the to hard basket i'm only a dumb plumber maybe if some water leaked out i could fix it.
Thanks anyway Greg

While you are filming, at around 5+ minutes, the camera automatically closes out a file of about 4 gigs and automatically begins a new file.  I've had five or six files when I took it on a hike and filmed for 20 minutes straight.  You will see that they have very similar names with an additional number added to the name.  Yes, if you want to view it continuously, you will have to edit and add all of them together.  There are a few Win programs that make this easy - just attaching them and creating one larger file.

One issue - if you use a lesser resolution or frame rate, the camera can get more into that 4 gig file, but I've never compared the results.

Also, while filming remember to stop recording so that the camera can appropriately close out the file.  

It is kind of fun - have fun!
2019-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules