8-pin plug that connects the damping plate
6304 8 2019-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankCohen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266 ft

I have a Mavic Air. I bought it about 8 months ago. It worked great. No big crashes or anything broken. I did the recommended upgrade today and now I see the IMU will not work and I get a bunch of error messages, including one that says "Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft."

I researched the problem in the DJI Forums, on YouTube, and with a Google search. I found no definitive answer.

I used the DJI Assistant application on my MacBook Pro to reinstall the firmware on the Air, on the Controller, and made sure I am running the latest app on my OnePlus 5 Android phone. Same behavior as above.

I use the DJI Go 4 app to recalibrate the gimbal. The camera moves around from place to place. The warning message in the app says the calibration is at 10% and does not change from that value.

I try the IMU Calibration by pressing the Start button. No reaction to the button press.

See the attached screen shots for details on what I am encountering. I would love to use my Mavic Air again, and soon.

Thanks for your time.

Frank

Screenshot_20191002-175037.jpg
Screenshot_20191002-175100.jpg
Screenshot_20191002-175140.jpg
Screenshot_20191002-175527.jpg
Screenshot_20191002-180103.jpg
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please clarify if what recommended upgrade did you perform today? Is this a firmware update? If yes, you may try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Also, please make sure that you place the aircraft on a level surface when calibrating the IMU. You may refer to the tutorial below for you to properly calibrate your IMU. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-3
Use props
FrankCohen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266 ft

Thank you for the reply. I performed the firmware update. That seems to have started the problems I encountered. On your suggestion I used DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the updates on the Air and the controller. Both show up-to-date, as they did before. I calibrated the IMU on a level surface.

I spoke with DJI support and they issues a service order. I used UPS to ship the drone today.

-Frank
2019-10-4
Use props
zottel
New
Germany

Any news? I have the exact same problem with my drone...
2019-11-11
Use props
Pataz
New

Belarus

Same problem. Need help
2020-10-16
Use props
Hello_Hubert
lvl.1
France

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.
Can you help me?
Thank you

2020-11-15
Use props
Hello_Hubert
lvl.1
France

2020-11-15
Use props
Hello_Hubert
lvl.1
France

2020-11-15
Use props
Hello_Hubert
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I found the solution and i fix my mavic air.

Mavic Air : MAIN CONTROLLER DATA ERROR
https://youtu.be/Rd92rb2OtUM

Method to fix the mavic:
https://youtu.be/0Hs3ovtQG8A

Hardware:
https://drone-parts-center.com/produit/dji-mavic-air-imu/

Or search "Dji Mavic Air Imu" on Google and find a saler.

I fix my drone and it works !
2021-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules