Fiming living history at my County Showground this summer
760 11 2019-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

I was trying out a variation of recording techniques for the Osmo Pocket for a 1080p video. Using slow motion to crop sensor output and then speeding it up to normal time and adding the seperate aac. file for the audio helped to increase the focal length. I also tried recording in 4K and expanding the frame in a video editor to get a closer framed clip allowing variations in focal length. This film was taken at the Military Odyssey at the county showground at Detling in Kent in August this year.
I used a Saramonic Mono SR-MX1 mic with very small wind muff of relatively poor quality fur for the audio.  

2019-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video you have captured from the Military Odyssey. The costumes and props of the participants looks amazing. Great work. .
2019-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Looks like a nice event
2019-10-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 10-6 12:23
Looks like a nice event

Thanks it is, and well attended.

It's huge but not as large as the War and Peace show, but it covers a heap of time periods and places from across the globe including the wild west that I missed this year due mainly to it being held on the hottest weekend of the year. I may do a couple more of these as I have tons of footage.
2019-10-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-6 08:33
Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video you have captured from the Military Odyssey. The costumes and props of the participants looks amazing. Great work.  .

Hi Stephen.
The costumes and 'Props' are all authentic in construction methods,weaved by hand or made with traditional tooling of the period by artisans. The main difference is weapons used for the demonstrations are not sharp but are actual weights and made from the same materials as the originals would have been.  
Later periods of enactment  often use the real artifacts from the time period where possible.
2019-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-6 13:14
Thanks it is, and well attended.

It's huge but not as large as the War and Peace show, but it covers a heap of time periods and places from across the globe including the wild west that I missed this year due mainly to it being held on the hottest weekend of the year. I may do a couple more of these as I have tons of footage.

Yeah, it looks like it!
We went to something similar in Hova (Sweden) some years ago.
A bit smaller, but very nice!
2019-10-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

Good sound - you got the narrator clearly as well as the show, and the background music was well balanced and chosen.
2019-10-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-7 05:52
Good sound - you got the narrator clearly as well as the show, and the background music was well balanced and chosen.

Thanks.
Although the musics country of origin is wrong I thought it was fitting.
Trying to make sense of a commentary where I started and stopped recording to change settings was harder and matching arrow strikes on shields etc. when changing the position of other sound tracks was a bit more difficult. It's far from perfect but possibly acceptable. Apart from levels I haven't added any EQ or other audio manipulation. Not even compression.

Trying to listen to all the royalty free listings takes an age and often I get bored before I find anything.
There is a new site started recently where you can join for a month and select anything from the site and then leave again if you wish without it affecting the royalty.
I will have to find it again. It's very useful and not overly expensive. The only catch is the track, image, or whatever must be in used during the period you download it.  
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-6 13:19
Hi Stephen.
The costumes and &aposrops' are all authentic in construction methods,weaved by hand or made with traditional tooling of the period by artisans. The main difference is weapons used for the demonstrations are not sharp but are actual weights and made from the same materials as the originals would have been.  
Later periods of enactment  often use the real artifacts from the time period where possible.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared Ray-CubeAce. .
2019-10-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice footage, great work. Great to watch
2019-10-8
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3

Thanks Ray, great video. I used to know Detling many many years ago, my long deceased grandparents lived there.
2019-10-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

Essjay Posted at 10-8 07:00
Thanks Ray, great video. I used to know Detling many many years ago, my long deceased grandparents lived there.

Hi Essjay.
The village itself hasn't really changed that much in the last 20 years. The roads and traffic on the other hand have.
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules