Results of interaction with DJI Developer Support.
1265 2 2019-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Second Officer

Oh well, I was excited because I found a way to get direct developer support at DJI but, then, the results were not what I expected. Here is the bugs/feature requests I filled and the results so far:

Allow app to run on ChromeOS: Will be considered for future versions (I guess this was the best result I got but even this is just something that may or may not happen).

Programs in the DIY Lab do not respect fire mode selection: "Sorry that DJI RoboMaset S1 does not support infrared firing at present" followed by a suggestion to file a feature request. I will follow up on that.

Trying to use Python classes results in error: "Sorry that the DJI RoboMaster S1 python editor does not support class definitions at present"

Document ImageInfo class: "The data type of parameter "msg"  is a list". No, it is not. They followed with the describtion of the detection info stuff that is a list indeed. Will try t follow up on this.

Loading "big"python program fails: Can not reproduce but tried on Android. I actually saw it in Windows. Will follow up on that.

Firing in autonomous mode does nothing: They say that for safety reasons firing gel beads in autonomous mode is not allowed. Then I followed up saying that it also is unable to fire IR shots. They replied with IR shots are not supported.

Not able to detect IR hits: They said currently the Robomaster S1 does not support programming the IR transmitters or receivers.

2019-10-11
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

LoL well this exchange is a little clunky at best.  Let's keep at 'em to get what we want!  
2019-10-11
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

MarkusXL Posted at 10-11 09:03
LoL well this exchange is a little clunky at best.  Let's keep at 'em to get what we want!

It's been 4 months now since the release of the S1 in the marketplace.
I've been happy to discover recently that DJI is now selling and shipping to Canada.
I've not been utterly impressed with the responsiveness of the DJI Suport and Development teams in reacting for fixes and improvements to the apps, PC program and firmware.
From an educational perspective, the school year is well under way now and I wonder just how much of a nuisance all these limitations on the robot's capabilities will irk students and teachers, not discounting robotics hoobyists like many of us, and make them abandon the product.
2019-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules