Is this worth calling tech support for a replacement?
704 2 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

the average wait time for dji tech support is 45-60 minutes and 6-8 weeks turn around time so I want to make sure it is 100% a hardware problem before I call.

Symptoms:
• horizon line is not level. I can adjust the gimbal roll manually, rotate the device and it is not level anymore. If I tilt the camera all the way down and look back up, the gimbal has to be adjusted again.

• after about 4 minutes of video recording, there is a tiny time skip where the video is being processed. Others have observed this and supposedly it is just how the camera functions

Steps taken:
• 1 cool imu calibration on level surface + gimbal calibration
• 2 imu calibrations on level surface and 2 gimbal calibrations

No difference in performance.

I am hoping this is just part of the gimbal software issues and will be resolved with a update, OR do I need to research getting s replacement unit?

Thanks.
2015-6-11
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are two different horizon issues.

1: The horison is ALWAYS off by a few degrees no matter what.

2: The horizon drifts from level to off and sometime back level when flying. This is called gimbal/horizon drift.

If you have fault No 1 then i reckon you should send it back as more than likely the PID is off on the gimbal and can only be fixed by DJI.

If its No 2 then this is likely to be fixed in firmware soon.
As for the 4gb file size frame loss issue, this is likely to be resolved in firmware.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-11
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for your response. My issue is number 2 so I am looking forward to some new firmware!!!
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules