CAS-3687101-R5C2D2 Returned Missing controller
1611 11 2019-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JakeLeslieOwen
lvl.1
United States

Hi there,

Small backstory, i bought my drone in shanghai in 2018, its been fine and working perfecty. I moved to west china (Sichuan) and i had to send it in for a repair.

The APP said 'Data controller error'

I shipped my drone back from sichuan to shenzhen using the self repair option, i paid the repair costs and the fault was found at the factory.

The drone arrives back but is missing the controller, and the two sticks (the ones under the controller arms)

I took a video of the controller being packaged, controller, drone and their sticks. (and the fly more bag)
I kept the chargers/batteries etc

I have opened up the DJI wechat app, and they said the controller wasnt in their photo. Although i am pretty sure you can see the shadow of it.

Somewhere it has been misplaced during repair and it seems noone wants to acknowledge where it is. The delivery had a tamperproof sticker on it from STOExpress

I have sent them videos over their wechat support, packing, telling them what i am sending them, etc. I also took photos of both me sending the delivery, included screenshots printed on A4 paper of the probem and a small message both in english and translate to chinese.

As the drone came up with a data 'CONTROLLER' error, i send both main pieces back ( drone/controller)

I am having trouble resolving this with their support, mainly due to the language barrier.  It has been 'sent to the relevent collegues', but its not looking hopefully.

I am a little paranoid about sending an expensive drone over 'mail' but i have videoed everything from packaging, to photos of the main sealing it, to it arriving there.

Please help me find my controller.

My case number -CAS-3687101-R5C2D2
Jake Leslie Owen.

I still have my receipts and old expired djicare forms from shanghai, with all the relevent information on my purchase etc.

Thank you guys for you time
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jake, we apologize for what happened, while per the picture we took when we received the package, there was no remote controller. But don't worry, your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team for further investigation, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-10-29
Use props
JakeLeslieOwen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-29 22:17
Hi Jake, we apologize for what happened, while per the picture we took when we received the package, there was no remote controller. But don't worry, your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team for further investigation, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you for your prompt reply, i am currently putting the videos together and ill put a link to it when its rendered later today

Thanks guys, lets find it please
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JakeLeslieOwen Posted at 10-29 22:29
Thank you for your prompt reply, i am currently putting the videos together and ill put a link to it when its rendered later today

Thanks guys, lets find it please

You are welcome, looking forward to the video.
2019-10-29
Use props
JakeLeslieOwen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-29 22:47
You are welcome, looking forward to the video.

Hi Mindy,

I believe they have found it in the factory, could you confirm this?
I tried to contact them but the translations did not make sense to me.

Is this something you could track down the answer to in english for me?

Many kind regards
2019-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JakeLeslieOwen Posted at 10-30 00:48
Hi Mindy,

I believe they have found it in the factory, could you confirm this?

Your case has been escalated to the local team for verification, we will have someone to contact you via email in English, appreciate your patience.
2019-10-30
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a bit of good news for you Jake, dealing with their support is a horrible experience, but just keep pushing, don't let them tell you you're wrong.
2019-10-30
Use props
JakeLeslieOwen
lvl.1
Denmark

SupCarlos Posted at 10-30 05:31
Sounds like a bit of good news for you Jake, dealing with their support is a horrible experience, but just keep pushing, don't let them tell you you're wrong.

Will do, i will report back on what is happening and the result
2019-10-30
Use props
JakeLeslieOwen
lvl.1
United States

Well, this is a bittersweet post. I believe i will be getting my controller back but who knows until the delivery arrives.

I am pretty nervous when it comes to complaining, or trying to resolve problems that are not my fault. I am a honest person, not in anyway attempting to obtain a free controller, or anything of the sort.
Dji made me feel like i was in the wrong, i did not send the controller and made me feel like the victim.

I had emails and wechat messages saying they did not receive it and it never arrived at the factory,

Now, at this i am frustrated, because this email was actually sent over 24hours after they had sent me a tracking number (it was unknown what was inside at this point)

So after they had shipped me a unknown item i was told that i never sent it, it was never included etc etc.

This was the original message from when they were sending me a second package, remember it cant be my controller right? i never sent it? i am a scammer.

Dji have no idea where it magically vanished to.

I was trying to confirm with the agent today to reply back to the email i had just been sent.

He managed to find me a photo of the shipment.

Oh would you look at that, my controller that i lied about, with the joysticks in the arms, and probably still had the sticker cover on the top.

Now, usually i would be in a super happy mood (which i am slightly), but how dare a company call me a liar and they never received it. They ended up finding it after opening plenty of chats on their wechat and just stating that they had it.
Although my video of packaging was deemed "not enough proof", i also shouldn't have to prove myself to a company that clearly cant handle the simple task of itemizing products that come in for repair.

I am moving back to east china next month and was considering parting ways with money again and picking up the mavic zoom, but how can i even trust this company if they do not trust their pilots and audience.

They did not even offer me discount on a controller.
I would take one for a mavic zoom though "inner laughing"

But all in all, they have fast replies even if the answers are wrong but the actual service was not on par with anywhere else ive dealt with in regards to customer relations.

Yours,
One semi happy, semi angry customer.
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JakeLeslieOwen Posted at 10-31 02:46
Well, this is a bittersweet post. I believe i will be getting my controller back but who knows until the delivery arrives.

I am pretty nervous when it comes to complaining, or trying to resolve problems that are not my fault. I am a honest person, not in anyway attempting to obtain a free controller, or anything of the sort.

Hi Jake, we are terribly sorry for the conflicted response for your case, we double-checked the case, the remote controller and the aircraft were dived into two cases, the case number of the remote controller is CAS-3675364-P4M5N6, sorry that we didn't realize this and only paid attention to the case of the aircraft CAS-3687101-R5C2D2 which makes misunderstanding.
The remote controller has been sent back and you should be able to receive it soon, again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service.
2019-10-31
Use props
JakeLeslieOwen
lvl.1
United States

What is really annoying me is how i could have been out of pocket £150/dollars/CNY. I am told many many times i did not send it, they never had it, it never arrived when the box was opened. A full blown lie. 'our photos show no controller'. Well they came in the same flymore bag and shouldnt of been separated at all.

The drones cost enough without being targeted for even more money.

I would like an email address of complaints/management, i want to escalate this past the forums and wechat.

There has to be some compensation or some reply.

'Im sorry we have lost your controller/will look for it' might of been a better start other than 'picture shows you never sent it'

ridiculous.

i also appreciate you are just a forum support helper and are only trying to answer questions, none of my negativity is aimed at you, merely the company and support
2019-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JakeLeslieOwen Posted at 10-31 06:29
What is really annoying me is how i could have been out of pocket £150/dollars/CNY. I am told many many times i did not send it, they never had it, it never arrived when the box was opened. A full blown lie. 'our photos show no controller'. Well they came in the same flymore bag and shouldnt of been separated at all.

The drones cost enough without being targeted for even more money.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, our supervisor has contacted you via email, please check and keep us updated there, hope it will be solved soon.
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules