Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does Osmo Mobile 3 support 360 inception shots?
352 8 11-1 06:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris1a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

I’m looking for a gimbal that can spin the phone around to create those “inception” shots. I realize that part of the gimbal would block a full 360 spin, or can the Osmo 3 be positioned in a way that would allow it to do a full 360 motion (and multiple continues ones for that matter)?

Any tips on other gimbals that can do these kind of shots?
11-1 06:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, we do apologize but the Osmo Mobile 3 does not support automated 360° or Inception Shots due to the limitation of both the Controllable and Mechanical Range.
11-1 09:13
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 11-1 09:13
Hi, we do apologize but the Osmo Mobile 3 does not support automated 360° or Inception Shots due to the limitation of both the Controllable and Mechanical Range.

I understand, many thanks.
11-1 09:29
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.4
Sweden

Something like this is what I’m after, but I haven’t got a clue which phone gimbals out the beside DJI that are worth getting

11-1 17:21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

It doesn't even turn 360
11-1 22:23
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Chris1a Posted at 11-1 09:29
I understand, many thanks.

Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
11-6 13:57
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 750558 ft
United Kingdom

Why not just use a 360 degree camera, you can edit in post the direction you want to view.
11-6 14:03
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
Australia

AlanHd Posted at 11-6 14:03
Why not just use a 360 degree camera, you can edit in post the direction you want to view.

The so called inception shot isn't to do with 360 video - it's a simple camera roll so the horizon spins.  To achieve good quality 360 video is still not cheap - getting 4k effective resolution in the viewed portion of the frame requires substantially higher resolution in the original 360 degree capture.

However, personally I'd consider the inception shot to be a cliche now which I wouldn't myself consider as being something to be much worried about when choosing a gimbal.  Concentrate on the functions you'll use for 99% of the time rather than the inception shot which hopefully you'll only use 1% of the time. But of course YMMV!
11-6 18:21
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.4
Sweden

I ended up buying the fairly new Zhiyun Smooth Q2 gimbal. It has a dedicated mode for the inception shot, and there’s no limit to how many rolls/spins it can do, which is great if you wanna make your audience puke I guess. Definitely a shot that should be used sparingly and where it might make sense creatively.
11-26 20:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules