Deleting Individual files in camera on the Osmo Action?
4639 7 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

I recorded a long section of video, that on the card are multiple files. In the camera it shows one big long file and some of the end was wasted video. I wanted to delete the clips on the end to save space for more video but I couldn't seem to figure out how to delete individule files. How do I do this in camera or in the App?

Northen Nevada
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Northern Nevada, thank you for posting your inquiry about deleting video by using DJI Osmo Action. For the instruction on deleting video or photos. On the DJI Osmo Action screen first, kindly please swipe right  then swipe left or right to scroll through the photos and videos that you want to select. Second, tap playback videos tap the corresponding icon to tap favorites and delete photos and videos. Finally, tap the icon located at the top left part of the screen to view the photos and videos by category. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 12:22
Hi Northern Nevada, thank you for posting your inquiry about deleting video by using DJI Osmo Action. For the instruction on deleting video or photos. On the DJI Osmo Action screen first, kindly please swipe right  then swipe left or right to scroll through the photos and videos that you want to select. Second, tap playback videos tap the corresponding icon to tap favorites and delete photos and videos. Finally, tap the icon located at the top left part of the screen to view the photos and videos by category. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Ok I understand all that. let me explain a bit better. I set the camera up statically and recorded almost three straight hours of video. when I look at it in camera it appears as a 3 plus hour clip. Now I know it is made up of multiple smaller clips and when I look at the SD card in a computer I can see each and every clip. I can't do that in the camera, it just appears as the ONE long 3 plus hour clip. Sooo am I missing something or doing something wrong?

NN
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Northern Nevada Posted at 11-4 15:27
Ok I understand all that. let me explain a bit better. I set the camera up statically and recorded almost three straight hours of video. when I look at it in camera it appears as a 3 plus hour clip. Now I know it is made up of multiple smaller clips and when I look at the SD card in a computer I can see each and every clip. I can't do that in the camera, it just appears as the ONE long 3 plus hour clip. Sooo am I missing something or doing something wrong?

NN

Hi Northern Nevada. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this matter the best to edit/delete the unwanted clips is by using a video editing software to do this process. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI members on what is the best video editing software for this issue. Thank you.
2019-11-4
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-4 15:34
Hi Northern Nevada. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this matter the best to edit/delete the unwanted clips is by using a video editing software to do this process. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our DJI members on what is the best video editing software for this issue. Thank you.

Ok so there is no way to do this in camera? in my case I was in the middle of the shoot and needed more card space on said shoot.  

NN
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Northern Nevada Posted at 11-4 22:36
Ok so there is no way to do this in camera? in my case I was in the middle of the shoot and needed more card space on said shoot.  

NN

Hi Northern Nevada, I do understand that you need that a bigger space for your shoot. The best thing we need to do just in case is to purchase an SD card with higher capacity or let be sure that the SD card has less or no files before we use it. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
Northern Nevada
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 09:11
Hi Northern Nevada, I do understand that you need that a bigger space for your shoot. The best thing we need to do just in case is to purchase an SD card with higher capacity or let be sure that the SD card has less or no files before we use it. Thank you.

I understand that BUT there should be a way to access each file IN CAMERA ! ! ! every other action camera on the market can do this simple feature. DJI needs to fix this.

NN
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Northern Nevada Posted at 11-5 10:24
I understand that BUT there should be a way to access each file IN CAMERA ! ! ! every other action camera on the market can do this simple feature. DJI needs to fix this.

NN

Hi Northern Nevada, thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this issue. Rest assured I will forward this information to our designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules