963 4 2019-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

does anyone else feel like he aviodance system on the mavic 2 series is a bit too sensitive?  like at take off its screaming at you cuz something is 20 feet away or something stupid?  mine loves to chirp at me for every little thing..i dont wanna fully disable it incase i may need it because its like having a case on my iPhone, i may not drop my iphone often but its good to have if i ever do.   and beauty of such a system as what mavics are is DJi if they really wanted to could change behavior for the better.   

so my suggestiosn are multiple options and can be combined if desired:

1. change the tone and beeping so less annoying. maybe more continious lower pitched tones similar to modern luxury cars do. this alone would be less obnoxious and may cause fewer people to disable aviodance system.  (i swear of my car screamed at me like dji go 4 does i would rip the sensors out or cut the wires)

2.  simply reduce the sensitivity.  maybe add a toggle for this in settings..simply reduction in how sensitive it is at certain times like take off or if the system feels the users isnt going to crash but is just near something cut back on how annoying it is.

3. mavic 1 pro and mavic 2 series controllers have built in viberation for alerts and its typically under utilized.. (as do most every smartphones) maybe impliment viberation based alerts..if not too serious start with buzzing the viberation system in either the phone or the controller as an alert buzz (pulsating maybe) before screaming at us...

4. (requested by the user HedgeTrimmer): Ability to temporarily silence Alert.  For example: On take-off it starts beeping, tap of screen acknowledges alert, with it remaining silent for next XX number of seconds.  With XX being a value chosen by Pilot.

2019-11-4
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Yea totally agree pehaps even the ability to turn the sound down or a flashing light/symbol. Mind you the low batt alarm is worse. Of course flying an night has no collision avoidance hence no annoying sounds.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day HereForTheBeer. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this thread/suggestion to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

One of those cases of not sensitive enough, and alert is too late; flip-flop alert is to sensitive, and alert gets ignored (crying wolf).

Suggested fourth option.  Ability to temporarily silence Alert.  For example: On take-off it starts beeping, tap of screen acknowledges alert, with it remaining silent for next XX number of seconds.  With XX being a value chosen by Pilot.

Acknowledge could be a tap with sliding delay scale.  Tap, slide to right to increase silent time, slide to left to decrease.
2019-11-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-5 09:38
One of those cases of not sensitive enough, and alert is too late; flip-flop alert is to sensitive, and alert gets ignored (crying wolf).

Suggested fourth option.  Ability to temporarily silence Alert.  For example: On take-off it starts beeping, tap of screen acknowledges alert, with it remaining silent for next XX number of seconds.  With XX being a value chosen by Pilot.

have you calibrated your vision sensors?  i calibrated mine and i regret it because now even the ground (flat pavement for example) behind the drone can set off a half second of it screaming full speed beeping at me while spinning up and taking off.

while i was thinking up the ideas i did think of having a toggle to have system shut up during take off and for number of minutes but i wasn't sure that's best solution.  ill add i to the list.
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules