Camera view is ‘negative colours’
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustAskDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

Hey guys,

Just set up a brand new RoboMaster and everything works great except the video feed to the iPad. All the colours are reversed, as in it looks like a negative! Is this s setting anywhere? I have searched and not found any reports of the same thing anywhere.

Photo is looking into my lounge room with a sunlit window around the television.
EDIT: I just fired it up on an Android phone and picture is fine, just can't get it to work normally on the IPad Air 2

Cheers, Dave.

9396836D-B1C3-4101-801E-287A544744B1.jpeg
2019-11-7
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

This is not normal but as it is working on Android, it is definitelly a software issue in the iOS app.
2019-11-8
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In the old times, this could have been attributed to some analog cables being swapped (hopefully some 'senior' members of this forum remember') ... but not in this modern day and age.  
2019-11-14
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Even the on screen display items are the wrong color.   Not quite inverted though.   HP is green, which inverted in RGB would be magenta.  Looks more like pink.
2020-1-6
Use props
JustAskDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

An iPad update came through, tried the app again and now colours are fine.

No idea whether the iOS update or several reboots fixed it, but all good now!
2020-1-6
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

JustAskDave Posted at 1-6 17:45
An iPad update came through, tried the app again and now colours are fine.

No idea whether the iOS update or several reboots fixed it, but all good now!

I suspect it is a CODEC issue. I believe, the RMS1 video stream uses a CODEC configuration or profile, probably pretty recent, that is not a widely used standard among smart phones and tablets.

Since the Unity gaming platform is used to generate the RoboMaster app and program, it is likely the answer lies therein. The DJI Development team does not say much on the configuration or profile they have selected for their app/program...

Unity Video Encoding Documentation
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules