681 15 2019-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you dilate your eyes with drops, can't you see better during low-light and at night because the opening to eye is bigger?  Also, I'm not entirely sure but is our depth of field shallower?
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for sharing your insights regarding aperture. If your goal is to make an image with shallow depth of field, where the subject appears sharp while the foreground and the background appear blurry, then you should use very wide apertures like f/1.8 or f/2.8 (for example, if you are using a 50mm f/1.8 lens, you should set your lens aperture to f/1.8). Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 14:47
Hi, thank you for sharing your insights regarding aperture. If your goal is to make an image with shallow depth of field, where the subject appears sharp while the foreground and the background appear blurry, then you should use very wide apertures like f/1.8 or f/2.8 (for example, if you are using a 50mm f/1.8 lens, you should set your lens aperture to f/1.8). Thank you for your valued support.

I meant our own eyes like, human eyes.
2019-11-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My God, I'm contributing to this Forum since 2015, but I've never seen that much absurdity posted recently ...
2019-11-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-8 22:20
My God, I'm contributing to this Forum since 2015, but I've never seen that much posted absurdity like recently ...

At times, I don't even remember what I post.  I do many things that people won't believe or care for but matter.
2019-11-8
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Posts and replies in this forum get points and points mean prizes, so to get thousands of points you have to post and reply as much as possible.
2019-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Eyes are different from a lens + camera system.
Since there is a brain connected that interprets the image.
You can find a lot of info on this online.
2019-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 11-9 02:34
Posts and replies in this forum get points and points mean prizes, so to get thousands of points you have to post and reply as much as possible.

You will get more money from flipping burgers than by earning points.
But it is a nice bonus of course!
2019-11-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting question so I turned to my old friend, Google. From what I could find, the answer is no because of how the rods and cones in your eyes work differently at different light levels.
2019-11-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 11-9 02:34

Points gathering can't be a lone excuse for posting rubbish or meaningless comments like "Nice photo, congratulations!", "Thank you for sharing this information with us!". Only a mentally challenged person may consider posting threads like the one above 36 times, only to gain $1 bonus at DJI Store!!! And later replying endlessly with equally senseless comments to gain another 2 points for each??? C'mon ...

BTW, just checked my Forum points (for the very first time since 2015) ... Over 12.5K! Wow, that's $70 ... Yay, I'm rich!!!
2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 17:53

Hi, thank you for clarifying. I am sorry for the confusion on my part. I hope our DJI members provide the best information for your post. Thank you.
2019-11-11
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

questions like this are why Ant needs to take basic and advanced photo classes...not online.
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-11 08:13
questions like this are why Ant needs to take basic and advanced photo classes...not online.

You mean, questions at the eye doctor's office.
2019-11-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

AntDX316 Posted at 11-8 17:53

you can google this:

https://curiosity.com/topics/how ... mplicated-curiosity
2019-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sick Dawg Posted at 11-11 08:13
questions like this are why Ant needs to take basic and advanced photo classes...not online.

It’s a definite cry for attention, but in this case I would avoid going down that road, sometimes lost causes are just that .
2019-11-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

There is no need to complicate things.  I was just asking if dilating eyes would increase night performance significant so that when you are wandering the forest, you don't take a twig to the eye from not being able to see, require medical attention, deep far in the forest, lost, bleeding out, trip and roll down the hill breaking bones, struggle to breathe from cracking ribs, in pain, become a missing person, starve, die, get buried or not, etc.

The easy way is just to not do it or go alone but imo, the risks of the creatures messing you up in the wild just doesn't make it worth it but some people do that and sail the open waters no problem.

Maybe I should always add these things to my question post.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules