Crazy but fun - Newbies might learn something.
2089 11 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

From time to time, I get the urge to do something quite mad.
The video will show the unpredictable effects of air currents, loss of GPS and flying in the dark.
For those with a sense of curiosity, it might give you something to think about regarding night photography.

If you found this video sufficiently interesting, please like and I will try and think of something else to amuse you.
Any daft ideas will be seriously considered.

[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]

2019-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that went quite well actually!
2019-11-12
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Montfrooij Posted at 11-12 06:30
Wow, that went quite well actually!

Thank you Montfrooij.
When I bought the Prop Guards many monyhs ago, I tried to fly inside a large derelict building. The darkness, no GPS and cross wind through the building scared me to death. The drone ricocheted of everything. It was like the very early video game where a block bounces around the tv screen, but much faster and in 3D. I never expected to do any better this time. The drone was surprisingly stable once it was moving and the light must have helped.
It was anoying to find deep water in the tunnel. The Germans during WW2 dug out huge caverns along this C shaped tunnel and I hoped to fly around inside them.
Lots of people died in this tunnel and it is very spookey. I wasn't keen on falling into one of the sumps and drowning.
When I looked at the flight map, it only retained the last GPS point, so in the event of lost signal, the drone would have just landed where it was, not back outside at the home point. Not that it could have found its way out on its own. Ha ha.
2019-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 11-12 07:25
Thank you Montfrooij.
When I bought the Prop Guards many monyhs ago, I tried to fly inside a large derelict building. The darkness, no GPS and cross wind through the building scared me to death. The drone ricocheted of everything. It was like the very early video game where a block bounces around the tv screen, but much faster and in 3D. I never expected to do any better this time. The drone was surprisingly stable once it was moving and the light must have helped.
It was anoying to find deep water in the tunnel. The Germans during WW2 dug out huge caverns along this C shaped tunnel and I hoped to fly around inside them.

That does not sound like a place I would love to stay!
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your work with us. For a friendly reminder, we would recommend flying your aircraft in an open area wherein there's no interference with enough GPS signal to prevent the incident. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Pretty cool setup! Thanks for sharing
2019-11-14
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

jacksonnai Posted at 11-14 04:16
Pretty cool setup! Thanks for sharing

Thank you jacksonnai, It served its purpose.
I went exploring in the underground vaults of a huge Victorian Fort yesterday.  I was surprised how long but boring they were. I hoped for dungeons, lots of levels and twisty passages. Off on the right are huge vaulted rooms all the way along.  
There are some still to explore, but finding the hidden entrances is difficult.
2019-11-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

AlansDronePics Posted at 11-14 12:42
Thank you jacksonnai, It served its purpose.
I went exploring in the underground vaults of a huge Victorian Fort yesterday.  I was surprised how long but boring they were. I hoped for dungeons, lots of levels and twisty passages. Off on the right are huge vaulted rooms all the way along.  
There are some still to explore, but finding the hidden entrances is difficult.

You're welcome buddy!
Seem like a very cool place to explore
2019-11-16
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Fantastic footage
2019-11-18
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Fantastic footage
2019-11-18
Use props
JMynes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228012 ft
United States

Very cool!
2020-1-5
Use props
red squirrel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Your narrative was very helpful to me.  The interplay between sensors, light, prop wash, and lack of GPS is tough for me to get a handle on.  After a few harrowing experiences indoors (it was cold outside when my Mavic mini arrived and I didn’t know any better), I decided it’s best for me to get more learning experience outside first before trying something that challenging again but I am fascinated by what makes it so different and I look forward to trying to fly again inside someday.  I’ll definitely come back to this video.  It’s very useful to get an experienced pilot’s take on the challenges of indoor, obstacle-filled, poorly lit space so thanks!!
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules