Is it possible?

2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Different technologies, Mini uses WIFI and the Smart Controller ocusync.
2019-11-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That would have been nice for sure. But to different transmission technologys.
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the Smart controller is not compatible with the Mavic Mini due to transmission that they support. Smart controller uses the Ocusync v2 and the Mavic mini use an enhance Wi-Fi. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your assimilation.
2019-11-13
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 11-13 08:23
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the Smart controller is not compatible with the Mavic Mini due to transmission that they support. Smart controller uses the Ocusync v2 and the Mavic mini use an enhance Wi-Fi. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your assimilation.

Too bad, one thing they should have thought of
2019-11-15
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 11-15 06:03
Too bad, one thing they should have thought of

While that would be nice, and I'm not trying to be negative but that probably would have affected the price of the mavic mini and affected a few other things as well. I think it would have changed DJI's strategy with this drone. I see a ton of feature requests to be added to this drone and I think if they all got added, one might as well purchase a mavic air or a mavic 2 zoom/pro. I would love to go that route, but my budget wouldn't allow for it.
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-15 06:53
While that would be nice, and I'm not trying to be negative but that probably would have affected the price of the mavic mini and affected a few other things as well. I think it would have changed DJI's strategy with this drone. I see a ton of feature requests to be added to this drone and I think if they all got added, one might as well purchase a mavic air or a mavic 2 zoom/pro. I would love to go that route, but my budget wouldn't allow for it.

Yes agreed, to keep price and weight down many things were avoided, like occusync and OA.
But software wise I would add as much as is possible, below the 2.7K to not fight with mavic air.
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules