Picture scramble when recording
995 7 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shinobi82
lvl.2
Austria

Hi,

I just got my Mini (first drone) and took it for a test flight. Overall I had a bad connection when flying too far, but the biggest issue was, when I started recording. The picture scrambled basically immediately, which makes it impossible to fly. The video on the SD card is fine. The picture is also fine, when you just fly without recording.

I am on the latest firmware and have a Xiaomi Mi2 A2 lite phone.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks in advance!
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please provide a video or screen recording of the issue for further confirmation? Besides, since your device is not on the compatibility list, we may suggest that you try flying with another mobile device and confirm if it relates to the phone.
For the connection issue when flying too far, may I know the distance when the issue happened? You may try to adjust the antennas when it happened, please also note to fly in open areas, avoid flying too far in places with buildings or obstacles around. Thanks. mini cmpt list.png
2019-11-14
Use props
Shinobi82
lvl.2
Austria

I don't have the broken videos anymore, but I guess I can make new ones tomorrow or so... It happened within 100m and at some point i even totally lost the connection. Adjusting the antennas didn't do anything and it was a total open area (huge park) without wifi or other interferences. I will try with another device next time
2019-11-14
Use props
Shinobi82
lvl.2
Austria

Ok, I made a new video. Here is the link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rQZT9WisNxrKm3MR9

The issue seems to be fixed, when I disable local caching on my phone, but independent of that I now sometimes get a complete black video output, when connecting to the drone. After 1-2 restarts, the picture is there. This happens with or without local caching.

When I download the files and try to make a video, it says "video file is corrupt". Same behaviour is on my tablet. That even comes up, when I add a non-drone video.

Guys, please fix this soon. It really craps on a newbies first drone experiences...
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_3tnspjiJRrfs
New
Israel

I have the same issue here, any solution?
2019-11-30
Use props
Shinobi82
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser_3tnspjiJRrfs Posted at 11-30 00:11
I have the same issue here, any solution?

disabling the video cache has fixed it for me. I just bought a Xiaomi Mi 9 se and will test if with this more powerful phone.
2019-12-3
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

i use the same phone, and had this issue too. as you already said it easy to fix it by turning off video caching.
please report about your experience with mi 9 se, im curious about that ;)

2019-12-3
Use props
Shinobi82
lvl.2
Austria

it works fine on the Mi 9 se
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules