Vision position sensor calibration Mavic Pro 2 HELP!!!!
2820 5 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluecollar1981cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4265 ft

United States

I have owned and been flying my Mavic Pro 2 since it's release and have not had one issue. However the other morning I was flying and noticed an error message to calibrate VPS immediately with PC or Mac. I have a 13 inch MacBook needless to say I spent hours last night and could not get past front sensors. Today I had an idea and hooked my MacBook up to a 32" television as a display, it finally allowed me to get thru the entire calibration although when it went to calibrate it made it to about 45% and said unknown resolution and made me start over. Now EVERY time I try to calibrate it will pick up the red lines, turn into the blue box but then as it moves to the first position I go to move it and I get error message stating aircraft movement error and starts over? What do I do? This is really frustrating I have no way to resolve this? Please advise me on what to do.
2019-11-15
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you are holding the drone in one position and pivoting it so the vision sensors move the box to the correct positions. Don't move the drone around at all. Keep it centered and steady in the spot after you hit the red box.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic 2 Pro vision sensor is not calibrating. For the calibration issue, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2? I would recommend using a different computer or use the recommended resolution. For recommended display resolution (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). I have posted an office DJI Video Tutorial for the vision Sensor Calibration for the DJI Mavic 2 Series. Please keep us posted or updated for us to be able to assists you further. Thank you.

2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_xa7xxy59Wdms
New

United States

I too am having similar difficulty. I actually had to shell out another 2 grand to buy a second one, because the tech people at DJI said they must be something wrong with the first one I bought. I am on a 13” MacBook Air, the only other screens in my house are a 36” monitor I use as a second screen, but when it’s plugged in the assistant app says it can’t recognize a screen size. And a 70” tv. Am I expected to go by a computer monitor just to calibrate the sensors on this thing? I have gone through the calibration sequence like 15 times, and it always gets to the calibration screen and says 0% for up to 30 mins and then I restart all over again. I get no errors, it just never does anything after I get to the “calibrating” screen. So far this feels like the worst $4000 I have ever spent, I’m so upset with this. DJI should specifically tell Mac air users that this will jot work for them or tell Us what to do to make it work. Their tech people didn’t even get me as far as your question...
2020-12-6
Use props
Aerial SF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4169282 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey good morning the thing with DJI is the product’s unfortunately are superior however they have THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced. I own 5 of there drones two Ronins(including the new RSC2)  believe me I feel for you and I understand your frustration concerning the vision sensor calibration I tried on several laptops, computers with secondary displays and finally I happened to by the new 16” MacBook Pro and first attempt it worked. However on other systems I got thru to the end if I was lucky and then error message!!!!! Ugghh so frustrating now I had my MP2 drop 10 seconds after take off at 156 ft?? No reason just dropped signal and fell in front of me, so I am looking for a replacement drone MVP2 until then I am using my Mavic Air 2. And of course DJI is doing NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ASSIST. So what I tell friends and or folks that want to buy a drone, DJI products are amazing provided they work correctly but the company is the worst company I have dealt with.
2020-12-7
Use props
Aerial SF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4169282 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just hope that we get a second option in a drone company soon because I am tired of forking over thousands and thousands of dollars to a company that could care less about, especially in these times where I don’t have money like that!!! It’s frustrating if you are at all interested in selling one of your MVP2 let me know , and I know this post will bring out all the folks that have two thumbs and a cell phone to criticize me, my grammar...etc but it doesn’t change the truth.
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules