Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sycophant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307861 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi all,

Used to own a Mavic Pro 1 but sold it off more than a year ago.

Planning to buy a used one just for an upcoming overseas trip.

Anyone have any comments on the durability/reliability of getting such an aged model?

I know one thing to look out for is deteriorated batteries, but not sure about what to expect on the motors, sensors, and other on board electronics.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Thank your for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the DJI Mavic Pro it is a great consumer drone created by DJI. Just a friendly before you make a purchase of the said used drone please try to know the history of the drone, did it crash or had a hard landing or if it had an incident before. Then before closing the deal, please have the seller fly the drone and for you to personally test the drone to check if it is responsive, if it is stable during flight and all the functions and sensors of the drone is working properly. Lastly before finalizing the deal. Please try to update the firmware and calibrate the drone as well. Thank you.

2019-11-19
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 11:56
Hi, Thank your for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the DJI Mavic Pro it is a great consumer drone created by DJI. Just a friendly before you make a purchase of the said used drone please try to know the history of the drone, did it crash or had a hard landing or if it had an incident before. Then before closing the deal, please have the seller fly the drone and for you to personally test the drone to check if it is responsive, if it is stable during flight and all the functions and sensors of the drone is working properly. Lastly before finalizing the deal. Please try to update the firmware and calibrate the drone as well. Thank you.

Realy good suggestions by DJI Paladin !  Maybe also check does it have external damages like scratches and remember, on Mavic 1 gimbal is first to be hit. Check gimbal initialization and does camera tilt work?
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Micato Posted at 11-19 12:13
Realy good suggestions by DJI Paladin !  Maybe also check does it have external damages like scratches and remember, on Mavic 1 gimbal is first to be hit. Check gimbal initialization and does camera tilt work?

It's always my pleasure to assists my fellow DJI co pilots. Thank you for your support and happy flying everyone.
2019-11-19
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

I bought the mavic Pro when it first came out I never crash or landed hard, I can tell you from my own experience to this day I'm still flying it with no issue still work like a champ. although it has stay behind in the the technology compared to the new mavic it still a great Drome.   
2019-11-21
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Regarding reliabilty and durability of old models - mine is a mavic pro 1 of almost 3 years age with 1000 flight times and almost 5000km flight distance. My drone has had a few crashes but only once the gimbal had to be fixed. My mavic pro still flies like a dream - so i rate the durability and reliability very high.
2019-11-21
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

you can also check the motors by spinning them with your finger to check they all rotate the same. check the batteries for physical signs of deformation and also check that the batteries will charge up properly and that you get a reasonable flight time from each battery (ie that they discharge properly)
2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules