3003 9 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duckster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 866867 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, I Am just about to order a Mavic Mini. Been reading through the various subjects re controllers but am more confused than ever.
Can somebody in Australia please tell me what kind of distance I can expect in Australia with the 5.8G controller.
The Mavic Mini is advertised as capable (theoretically) of 4KM distance, but I also have seen quoted distances of 500m using 5.8 G band.
Look forward to some responses.

2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

I live in the US which means I have Model MR1SS5, the FCC controller.  I my record right now is 5000ft away 400ft up above my town which is more of a suburban area with wifi interference under and trees also blocking some of that.  I could've gone more, but my battery was running a little low.  I could do another test to see what is the max I could get out of it.
2019-11-20
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

MatthewW28 Posted at 11-20 06:50
I live in the US which means I have Model MR1SS5, the FCC controller.  I my record right now is 5000ft away 400ft up above my town which is more of a suburban area with wifi interference under and trees also blocking some of that.  I could've gone more, but my battery was running a little low.  I could do another test to see what is the max I could get out of it.

I've seen a Utube video where a guy got nearly 2 miles in an urban setting. Compared very well to 3 other DJI drones.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

JohnK48 Posted at 11-20 06:54
I've seen a Utube video where a guy got nearly 2 miles in an urban setting. Compared very well to 3 other DJI drones.

I saw that too, but being that he was on a parking garage and flying above a lake, it is just about a clear line of sight but there is obviously some interference from what he explained. Very interesting though and being that he is in Australia depending on the location it might do better.
2019-11-20
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

MatthewW28 Posted at 11-20 07:00
I saw that too, but being that he was on a parking garage and flying above a lake, it is just about a clear line of sight but there is obviously some interference from what he explained. Very interesting though and being that he is in Australia depending on the location it might do better.

The one that I saw had the guy flying down a river that was surrounded by industrial buildings with radio interference.  And he flew a total of 4 drones.  The mini scored #2 of the 4 drones.  The Spark (I have two of these) only got half of the distance (and the video transmission was much lower quality - but he did not say anything about the recorded video quality which would not be subject to radio interference).
2019-11-20
Use props
Undertaker180
lvl.1

United Kingdom

How can I not post being a new user? Do I have to get 20 posts and how can I do that without spamming other topics.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
United States

Undertaker180 Posted at 11-20 07:23
How can I not post being a new user? Do I have to get 20 posts and how can I do that without spamming other topics.

I think you have to be verified, not quite sure because after I got verified I think everything was good.  You do this through your email.
2019-11-20
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

I use the Mavic mini with the FCC controller in Australia. In low interference environments I get something like 2km without significant signal degradation.
Compared with the P4P which is limited to CE standards it comes to a close second.
2019-11-20
Use props
Duckster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 866867 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi OHB, picked up a Mavic Mini at JB HiFi, started to do some testing, over water with no obstructions, I got 1100 meters, over my suburb only got 450 meters before rth kicked in. Channel setting was Auto. Very disappointed. Have gone back to JB HiFi, got my money back and bought a Mavic Pro  Platinum Fly More Combo which was on special for $1,499.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Duckster. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. If your DJI Mavic Mini is the FCC version, then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC DJI Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions, can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. Thank you.
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules