Processor Chip over heated
775 5 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cindav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108140 ft
Australia

So, I did an update last night to the latest version for my Iphone.

I turned the drone on for the first time in 3 weeks.  After a minute of the drone being on.  Ive got a warning.  "Processor over heated.  The aircraft is temporarily unavailable.  It will recover after cooling down."

I cant hear the internal fan starting either.  Never had a problem before.

is that an update issue or drone issue?
2019-11-21
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Australia

after 10 mins for it bering on.  drone did start getting hot.  internal fan didnt start
2019-11-21
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Australia

I think the update was a coincidence

I did a youtube search.  found a guy that had the same problem.
ended up pbeing a stuck fan.  his pages shows you how to take the drone apart and how to remove the fan.

I did that, loosened up the fan and now its working.

I will order a new fan regardless and replace it
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. It's good to know that your DJI Mavic Air is fixed. Just a friendly reminder, DJI doesn't recommend to do DIY repair to ensure that drone is properly tested and working. In addition, any damages caused by unauthorized DIY repair will not be covered by the warranty.  Please refer to the link ( https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer ) I will be posting. Thank you for your valued support.

2019-11-21
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Australia

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Other than taking off the top cover and spinning the fan. Nothing else was done to the drone.

I’m not 100% sure if it’s still under warranty

Was hoping to use it for s trip out this weekend. Extremely unlikely I would send it off, repaired and returned on the same day
2019-11-21
Use props
ryan380golf
New
United States

I had the same problem.  I saw a post that someone had hit his with the palm of his hand.  I tried that and I think it knocked the fan loose and I'm back in business.  BTW i had this issue after flying on beach in Mexico.  I think the salt air and sand can freeze the fan up.  Try the 'hitting' the craft and see if that works for you like it did for mine...
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules