Recently I sold my mavic and buyer has issue with fogging lens.
600 6 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eTzQuFAAd5QZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've just sold my Mavic and the buyer has contacted me saying the camera lens is fogged up and wants me to pay for the repair if not they want a full refund.
I know there is an issue with fogging when your take your drone for example from inside your home into the garden, temperature differential etc. Googling finds my examples of this.
Any advise would be appreciated.
2019-11-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting...i've never experienced any lens fogging.
2019-11-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

If it was already fogged when you sold it then they have cause to ask you to refund/repair it. But if the fogging has happened since they bought it from you, then its their problem to resolve. As you will have no idea how they've been using the drone since they bought it from you. For example they might have been flying it in the rain and then taken it inside, then with the higher moisture levels now inside the drone itself these can and do cause condensation on the internal glass surfaces. Once the condensation has evaporated it can be that a fine deposit is left on those glass surfaces.
2019-11-24
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 11-24 05:52
If it was already fogged when you sold it then they have cause to ask you to refund/repair it. But if the fogging has happened since they bought it from you, then its their problem to resolve. As you will have no idea how they've been using the drone since they bought it from you. For example they might have been flying it in the rain and then taken it inside, then with the higher moisture levels now inside the drone itself these can and do cause condensation on the internal glass surfaces. Once the condensation has evaporated it can be that a fine deposit is left on those glass surfaces.

this 2x

is sold used so its there issue to repair. thats why i sell and list "sold as is, no refunds"
2019-11-24
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

If you have sold through ebay and he files a faulty item you will have little choice but pay or refund. They usually side with the buyer.

If it's a private sell and your conscience is clear ... ignore unless he looks like the rock in which case you may want to re-evaluate the situation.
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, if the temperature difference between the inside and outside is large, it may cause the lens to fog. It is recommended waiting for a period of time until the fog disappears.
However, if the lens of the aircraft is foggy frequently and this situation cannot be improved, please send in the drone for diagnosis.
2019-11-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Point your buyer to those articles about fogging up; it should go away on its own in any event -- good luck.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules