In-flight warning messages list?
8443 25 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

Hi I was wondering is there a list of all warning messages that pop up within the application and their explanation.
I get a lot off different things during my flight and I jsut dont know what they mean, it would be nice to ahve them all printed out or smthing.

I am refering at the  messages that show at the "in flight" place at the top left part of the app screen.

Messages like "Aircraft power insufition".. "Compass error", "Wi-fi interfierence"..etc
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_SFmb5tb7bQWj
lvl.2

Germany

Nice idea! Would also be interested
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message for us to further isolate the problem? Also, if you are experiencing a compass error, I will highly recommend you to calibrate your compass to see if the problem persists. Also, strong magnetic interference might cause the error you've mentioned in the last part of your post, try to fly in a different location to see if you will still receive the error. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-27
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

Yes!

DJI, please provide a list of ALL warning messages and their meanings and fixes.
(exactly like you have for the body LED lights)

Just add this list to a PDF so we can download. Thanks in advance DJI!
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_SFmb5tb7bQWj
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 08:18
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message for us to further isolate the problem? Also, if you are experiencing a compass error, I will highly recommend you to calibrate your compass to see if the problem persists. Also, strong magnetic interference might cause the error you've mentioned in the last part of your post, try to fly in a different location to see if you will still receive the error. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Wow, is that answer a joke?
2019-11-27
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

djiuser_SFmb5tb7bQWj Posted at 11-27 11:01

Being new here, I really thought the answers from "DJI Whoever" was actually an answer from a DJI rep.

Not so sure anymore.

More likely a DJI Bot!!
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your response. I do apologize if the answer didn't provide you the resolution that you need. However, we don't have any list of error messages since we cannot identify if what are the specific error message you will receive on a certain scenario. Also, the reason why I ask the customer about other info is for us to further identify the issue and will help the customer on fixing the error messages that he/she receives. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 11-27 10:08
Yes!

DJI, please provide a list of ALL warning messages and their meanings and fixes.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will directly forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. We will surely keep you posted once this request will be granted. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-27
Use props
fans7ec816e7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 16:13
Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will directly forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. We will surely keep you posted once this request will be granted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

As part of any software or application development, user defined errors are always documented. I can understand you may not have it with you but the development team will surely have it as they have to write specific error code and messages based on certain condition in their code. They may not have solution for each error message but it would be nice to have the reason for failure and probable causes if not exhaustive reasons for this error.
2019-11-27
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

fans7ec816e7 Posted at 11-27 16:18
As part of any software or application development, user defined errors are always documented. I can understand you may not have it with you but the development team will surely have it as they have to write specific error code and messages based on certain condition in their code. They may not have solution for each error message but it would be nice to have the reason for failure and probable causes if not exhaustive reasons for this error.

Yes, this. Agreed!
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans7ec816e7 Posted at 11-27 16:18
As part of any software or application development, user defined errors are always documented. I can understand you may not have it with you but the development team will surely have it as they have to write specific error code and messages based on certain condition in their code. They may not have solution for each error message but it would be nice to have the reason for failure and probable causes if not exhaustive reasons for this error.

We totally understand your concern and we will let our designated know about this suggestion of yours. Thank you for your understanding!
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 08:18

Actually I don't have any specific error, its just that from time to time the text "in flight" changes to something other, orange messages, red messages etc.

Problem is I am never sure how critical the message is, do i need to fly back immediately, is it just normal warning but still can fly the drone etc.. Its like driving a car and the low fuel message pops up, but I dont know what does it mean , you get my point?

I don't want to crash my drone man to realize the message was some serious thing, thats all.
Also I am neard I like to familiarize with the electronics I own.
2019-12-2
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j Posted at 12-2 13:06
Actually I don't have any specific error, its just that from time to time the text "in flight" changes to something other, orange messages, red messages etc.

Problem is I am never sure how critical the message is, do i need to fly back immediately, is it just normal warning but still can fly the drone etc.. Its like driving a car and the low fuel message pops up, but I dont know what does it mean , you get my point?

Amen and agreed! Well said!
2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j Posted at 12-2 13:06

Thank you for the additional information. I will let our designated department know about this suggestion of yours about the list of the error messages and will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-5
Use props
LCOIVERAKIS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90010 ft

Greece

My advice is to make menu at DJI4 application with list of warning messages received per flight......It will be helphuly to read them after flight Or to find easy a message received before 1 minute and do not take care of that..
2019-12-13
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

i assume this is robot account, not real human
2019-12-13
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-27 16:09
Hi, thank you for your response. I do apologize if the answer didn't provide you the resolution that you need. However, we don't have any list of error messages since we cannot identify if what are the specific error message you will receive on a certain scenario. Also, the reason why I ask the customer about other info is for us to further identify the issue and will help the customer on fixing the error messages that he/she receives. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Not knowing what is wrong with your aircraft while in the air because the message is not descriptive enough (I don't have a small phone but most messages don't even fit the full title, you just get "...") seems like a potential safety issue. You can't land for every single warning because there are so many of them and with time you get used to just ignore them. Which is dangerous.
2019-12-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 16:49
Thank you for the additional information. I will let our designated department know about this suggestion of yours about the list of the error messages and will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi Gamora,

If you contact the designated department do suggest to write better mesages for the situation a drone is flying.

If i fly at 200 meters height ( or any actually height/speed etc) and drone has IMU erorrs do not show this message
"IMU altitude error. Please check that the IMU is mounted properly"
I cannot check that my IMU is mounted properly in flight !!
All i can do is try to land my craft safely!!
So write something like this ""IMU altitude error. Please land ASAP. Hope you have succes..."  

cheers
JJB
2019-12-13
Use props
Pe_Gas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258054 ft
Poland

Could you provide me printscreen when warning about strong wind is on screen? Or please write sentance if you are 100% sure what exactly is the message?
(Is it "Strong wind. Fly with caution and land promptly"?)

cheers
Paul
2019-12-13
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

We had some ICP AES instruments (plasma spectrometers) that would give very useless error messages.  Yet the instrument knew, internally, exactly what problem it was having.  It was just that the programmers were too lazy to write the code necessary for the instrument to provide the exact error description.

And this was with a full PC as the operator interface on a quarter million dollar gadget.

I can see how there is limited space on our drone displays, so providing a large and highly descriptive error message in real time during a flight might be impossible or too distracting.

But as the OP has stated, at the least, it would be handy to have a PDF with the details for each error for reference.  Each error could have an error code number as well, at the first of the error display, in case the more descriptive name gets truncated on the display.

Or be able to touch the short error message to have a full description pop up briefly on the display.

That would be handy.
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 12-13 11:48
Hi Gamora,

If you contact the designated department do suggest to write better mesages for the situation a drone is flying.

Hi, JJB. Thank you for letting us know about this error and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I will let them know ASAP about this situation of yours for us to make an action on it. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-12-13
Use props
BlueHawk77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1496791 ft
Turkey

Has this list issued yet ? If yes where can I download it ?
2020-9-29
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 2019-12-13 11:48
Hi Gamora,

2020-9-29
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Not related exclusively for the Mavic Mini but you should find what you are look for right here :  https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Notifications/

Select Mavic mini and language top right corner  , use the search fonction at the top
click on an item for more detail.
even better if you search with the error code number.
2020-9-29
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2020-9-29
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer