Mavic Mini - Many Problems (Video shaking, Ripple effect...)
4316 21 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juju2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94150 ft
France

Hi, here is my review after a bit more than a week using the Mavic Mini.I was so excited to get my first drone ever and so far I'm very disappointed on the overall experience...

First of all after unpacking the MM I had to do a firmware update before flying for the 1st time and this update litteraly killed one of my batteries (error code 30074).

Then I went flying and noticed that in some videos I had some weird blurred horizontal lines when moving the drone (found out it's called ripple effect). It happenned sometimes but not in all of my videos. (unfortunately I've deleted the videos cause they were unusable so I don't have any example of that)

Then on another day flying with wind I had a message saying (Aircraft max power load reached... code 30168) I assume it's because the wind was too strong for the drone so I wont take it as a real problem.

Then it continues... on another day flying, half of the videos I took were unusable due to very strong shaking from the gimbal I assume ?
I didn't have this problem all the time and I don't know why ? the flying conditions were perfect though, no wind and 15 to 18°C air temperature.

I've noticed also the gimbal does a weird electronic noise when moving or turning On the drone sometimes.

2019-12-1
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

Here is a video about the shaking problem

2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hi sorry for your issues. Seems a faulty or loose gimbal.
Two posts where you can find more or share your opinion/issue:

About noise in gimbal:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

About shaky footage:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D712&page=6
2019-12-1
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

Thank you I'm gonna have a look on those posts.
So far I'm still thinking if I should get an exchange or wait for an update to fix those problems ?
Any advice from DJI or somebody who's in the same situation ?
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Juju2b Posted at 12-1 04:40
Thank you I'm gonna have a look on those posts.
So far I'm still thinking if I should get an exchange or wait for an update to fix those problems ?
Any advice from DJI or somebody who's in the same situation ?

Participate in the first poll / post, then check the second post, the guy who posted had a shaky video and a fly away, he returned, got a replacement and problems were fixed.
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration to see if the problem of shaky gimbal persists? Also, you may try to refresh the firmware of your drone using the DJI Assistant 2 software to see if this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-12-1
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 08:09
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration to see if the problem of shaky gimbal persists? Also, you may try to refresh the firmware of your drone using the DJI Assistant 2 software to see if this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi Gamora and thank you for the reply.
I tried today to perform a gimbal calibration and did a quick test afterward.
I did approx 10 videos and I had it again slightly on one of the videos so I'm gonna return the drone to the supplier where I got it and ask for a new one.
Hopefuly then everything will be alright
2019-12-2
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Juju2b Posted at 12-2 12:29
I did approx 10 videos and I had it again slightly on one of the videos so I'm gonna return the drone to the supplier where I got it and ask for a new one.
Even with a new unit you will have at least this annoying mechanical Gimbal Noise because it seems that almost every unit does have that issue.. there is no statement on that from DJI till yet..try to get a refund, maybe better than another faulty unit..
2019-12-2
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

JeyTea Posted at 12-2 12:44
Even with a new unit you will have at least this annoying mechanical Gimbal Noise because it seems that almost every unit does have that issue.. there is no statement on that from DJI till yet..try to get a refund, maybe better than another faulty unit..

Well if this noise makes no impact or risks in using the drone that's OK for me. So far I was just wondering if it's normal or not.

I'm way more concerned about the shaking problem cause it has a direct impact on the main use of the Mavic Mini.
2019-12-3
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Juju2b Posted at 12-3 01:15
Well if this noise makes no impact or risks in using the drone that's OK for me. So far I was just wondering if it's normal or not.

I'm way more concerned about the shaking problem cause it has a direct impact on the main use of the Mavic Mini.

My mini has only one problem. The signal is awful
2019-12-3
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Niknik Posted at 12-3 01:45
My mini has only one problem. The signal is awful
you can buy a Signal Booster..they do really work
2019-12-3
Use props
shaab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149518 ft
Germany

Today I also experienced the gimbal shaking like in the video you posted.
This is the first time this occured. It was very cold outside, maybe it's temperatur related?
I tried it indoors later and it was fine. I will try again tomorrow.
2019-12-3
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

Don't know exactly what triggered the shaking. The cold might have an influence but I had this on a flight around 10 / 15 degrees Celsius.
Just sent back my MM to my retailer and asked for a replacement.
Just noticed today that DJI performed an update that says "optimised gimbal control"
Don't know if this have something to do with the shaking though.
I'll have to wait to get the new one for that.

If anyone who got the shaking problem can let us know if the update made any improvement that'll be great.

Thanks
2019-12-4
Use props
Mudassar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76391 ft
China

New firmware is out today .... let us know if it fix some of these problems ?
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

The update has fixed the noise in my gimbal, other users confirm they dont have ow shaky footage even in cold environments.
2019-12-4
Use props
shaab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149518 ft
Germany

So far no shaking gimbal for me, but it was warmer today.
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Juju2b Posted at 12-2 12:29
I did approx 10 videos and I had it again slightly on one of the videos so I'm gonna return the drone to the supplier where I got it and ask for a new one.

Hi, thank you for the additional information provided and we're sorry for the trouble. Hopefully, you could get a quick replacement for your unit. Please let us the updates or if you have other questions. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-5
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-4 07:02
The update has fixed the noise in my gimbal, other users confirm they dont have ow shaky footage even in cold environments.

Ok well my MM was already on the way back to the retailer so I couldn't check.
I'll check when I get the new one and I keep you guys posted.
2019-12-5
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

Ok guys I've just got a new replacement drone  2 days ago (december batch).
I performed few tests and so far it looks like i'm not having shaking problems anymore. (but still need to do some more tests on this to be sure I wasn't just lucky).

BUT ! I'm currently facing a new problem I didn't have with the previous drone. When I'm flying it shows that the drone is behind me although I'm facing it... and because of that when I press RTH button it just... land and don't come back to me.

Of course I've tried to calibrate IMU + Compass + RC and also calibrate my phone compass and it's not doing anything...
I'm really losing hope in DJI products and really thinking of getting my money back...

Is there anybody having this issue who found the solution ?
2019-12-22
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Hi guy!
May be problem in a distance to RTH?
When distance  to RTH <20m dron do not return to home, drone landing at this place (see instruction).
2019-12-23
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

Yes indeed I was a little to close to the drone that's why it didn't work. I was flying today and I didn't have the compass problem anymore.
But as you can see in the video below I had another problem, much more anoying with the quality of the video.
Some blurry lines appeared in approximately 2/3 of my videos... (apparently it is called ripple effect)

Do you know if it's something that can be fixed or not ?
Do I have to send back this second drone too ? cause this will end my DJI experience for ever...

Please help !!

2019-12-25
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
France

Juju2b Posted at 12-25 13:05
Yes indeed I was a little to close to the drone that's why it didn't work. I was flying today and I didn't have the compass problem anymore.
But as you can see in the video below I had another problem, much more anoying with the quality of the video.
Some blurry lines appeared in approximately 2/3 of my videos... (apparently it is called ripple effect)

I've noticed when editing then exporting the video with a software like Adobe Premiere or any other software like that, the blurry lines are gone.
Anyone knows why ?
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules