Mavic Mini - Some Questions for Fellow Pilots
943 6 2019-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534682 ft
Grenada

Have a few questions for fellow pilots. Mavic Mini is my first drone (bought specifically for travel and I don’t get to practice much since I live in NYC where you can’t fly drones of any kind). Some questions:

1: Does the Mavic Mini keep recording video once I lose the video feed /RC connection to my iPhone? I believe it does but I don’t have an SD card reader with me currently and can’t find a way to download the file on the SD card through the Fly app if there was no preview created through the live feed? If there is a way please let me know.

2. Is it possible to buy spare parts for the Mavic Mini anywhere? I’d like to buy spare propellers as backup and can’t find them in stock anywhere, even at the DJI Store

3. I saw other people flying DJI drones in a blue zone area where my Mavic Mini said unable to lift restrictions and would not let me take off since I was right at the edge of the blue zone. Not sure how to unlock the zone since other people seem to be to take off and fly where I couldn’t.

And Lastly and most importantly:
4. Can the Mavic Mini be used where there is no cell phone reception and hence no data on my iPhone? I will be in very remote areas in late December where I want to fly the drone but I am 99% sure I will not have any cell reception for data. I presume as long as I have GPS and the WiFi connection between the RC and the Mini itself I can fly right?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
2019-12-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hello!
1. You have an USB Connection.
2. I made a post with some accessories: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

Can´t help with the rest.
Hope it helps
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with your inquiries. First, when the drone is recording and the remote suddenly disconnects the drone will continue to record footage until it is stopped or the memory is full. Second, the best recommendation I can give. Is when the stocks are unavailable from the DJI online store is best to visit this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer ) to find any nearby DJI retail store for the accessories or parts you may need for your DJI Mavic Mini and to be sure that the accessories that you are about to purchase are all genuine DJI merchandise. Third, the updated version of the DJI Fly application will be launched in December to support unlock the no-fly zone. Finally, with regards to WiFi and data connection. These are only required during activation, logging in to your DJI account and updating the drone and remote controller. It is recommended before leaving to do any mission to check for updates and logging in to your DJI account.  In addition, generally I would recommend to put the mobile in flight mode or airplane mode to minimize interference when flying. Hope this helps and thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. There is an option to save to device fro within the app. Connecting the powered up drone to a computer via USB cable is another way.
2. I have seen some props on amazon.
3. The blue zone unlock issue is a known issue and DJI says there is a firmware update coming later this month to correct that issue.
4. I have flown my mini while in airplane mode and also while using my ipad air 2 without cell service so I would have to say cell service is irrelevant.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

Honestly I wouldn't bother much with spare propellers, as 90% of the crashes I saw ended up in completely broken arms. I guess from the torque they just snap on impact.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
United States

Thanks everyone for the replies. Very helpful.
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
United States

Now if anyone could also maybe help me somehow not lose my draft video compilation that I spent quite a bit of time editing in the Fly app saying “original file damage, confirm delete?” when I click back on it that would be great!

Might be asking for too much I know!
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules