1807 23 2019-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clpiau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102523 ft
Malaysia

Hi,
I need help to look at my flight record and check what went wrong. Drone took off and in less than 1 minute, DJI Go 4 App went blank and drone just fell off from midair and crash. Here are my flight record:

https://app.airdata.com/share/eBDuAJ

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GSHXFA21PW7Z07PFX0Y1/

Advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

2019-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You didn't wait to have enough satellites locked before you took off.  You should have at least 11.  You only had 6.
2019-12-4
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 01:12
You didn't wait to have enough satellites locked before you took off.  You should have at least 11.  You only had 6.

Hi DAFlys,

So is that the cause of Mavic 2 to just suddenly shut off and fell out from the sky?
2019-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

The first part of your short flight in OPTI, 6 satellites adnd zero for gps reception.
Not a good idea to start at flight.
As DJI uses GPS and Glonass at the same time the number 11 is not 'correct'. Meaning behind 11 was to have 6 of or GPS or Glonass.
I don`t tell a hard number, but more is better ofcourse. HomePoint is set mostly when GPS count > 8 and 4 bars for reception.
Receiving 15 sats and loosing 3 ; no problem. Having 9 sats and loosing 3 ; mayby into troubles.  

At 47 seconds 10 sats and 4 for reception ; thus HP set and your M2 is stabilized GPS flight.
All pitch/roll angles normal, at the end RC input roll Left and Pitch Forward. Drone follows your input.

Last record 20.8 meter height and M2 flying with no errors.

No indication why it dropped to the ground. IMO nothing to do with your start in OPTI mode.

cheers
JJB

2019-12-4
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

JJB* Posted at 12-4 01:33
Hi,

The first part of your short flight in OPTI, 6 satellites adnd zero for gps reception.

Hi,

Mavic2 just shut off mid air and dropped on the ground. I didnt perform CSC as indicated in the flight record that will cause the drone to shut off. Could it be malfunction?
2019-12-4
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

This really needs to be thoroughly addressed by DJI.  I don't see any feasible reason why the app should fail and the drone to lose power.  What if this caused the pilot to lose control, crash and cause damage to a person or other property?  People are too quick to look at the pilot being in fault, though they gloss over the malfunction that probably would've happened, if the pilot did everything by the book.  Fortunately, I haven't had anything catastrophic happen while flying a drone, though I have had concerning moments of signal loss, drifting or other 'wonky' behaviour.
2019-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

clpiau Posted at 12-4 04:28
Hi,

Mavic2 just shut off mid air and dropped on the ground. I didnt perform CSC as indicated in the flight record that will cause the drone to shut off. Could it be malfunction?

Hi,

As far as i can see no mallfunction logged in the file. But file stopped suddenly because your GoApp stopped i guess. Without the app drone should stay flying ofcourse.
I did not stay in the air ; so my answer to your question is: Yes, a malfunction.

DAT file can tell more, my advice is to contact DJJ.

cheers
JJB

2019-12-4
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi,

I  have done that through DJI Go 4 App's Bug Feedback. If that is the right channel. Hope to hear from DJI soon regarding this. Thanks for all the feedback and comment.
2019-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

clpiau Posted at 12-4 05:49
Hi,

I  have done that through DJI Go 4 App's Bug Feedback. If that is the right channel. Hope to hear from DJI soon regarding this. Thanks for all the feedback and comment.

You can open a case with DJI here - https://www.dji.com/uk/service/repair

Looks to me that you lost the battery, or connection to the battery.  Was there any swelling in the battery when you recovered it.

My point about the 6 satellites was a generic point,  certainly not the cause of it falling out the sky, it could be the cause of a fly away.  But next time always make sure you have heard "The Homepoint as been recorded please check it on the map" alert before taking if,  and if possible make sure you have 11 or more locked.
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about the unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would recommend, you to contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to investigate the main reason of the incident and then the corresponding solution will be provided. Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-4
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 06:17
You can open a case with DJI here - https://www.dji.com/uk/service/repair

Looks to me that you lost the battery, or connection to the battery.  Was there any swelling in the battery when you recovered it.

Hi,

Yes, well aware about that. The battery looks ok physically, no damage from the impact and no swelling.
2019-12-4
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-4 08:32
Hi. I am sorry to know about the unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would recommend, you to contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to investigate the main reason of the incident and then the corresponding solution will be provided. Please note that DJI will not be able to perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period of the drone. Otherwise, valid charges will apply. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.

Hi,

Thanks, I will do that. The drone was purchased this year in January so I believe its warranty still valid
2019-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

clpiau Posted at 12-4 18:45
Hi,

Yes, well aware about that. The battery looks ok physically, no damage from the impact and no swelling.

Please let us know how you get on with the claim.
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

clpiau Posted at 12-4 18:46
Hi,

Thanks, I will do that. The drone was purchased this year in January so I believe its warranty still valid

You are more than welcome. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-12-5
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

i know it's probably kind of stupid comment, but still: you are aware you can shut down a m2p in flight (if not set differently in settings) just by move sticks together for few seconds? it happened to at least one guy here in forum, if i remember reading about this not so long ago. check flight data first for this, imo..
2019-12-5
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi. Just to update the status of the crashed Mavic 2. DJI have agreed to absorb the repair cost after I sent the drone to them to be check. Thanks
2020-1-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

clpiau Posted at 1-10 02:14
Hi. Just to update the status of the crashed Mavic 2. DJI have agreed to absorb the repair cost after I sent the drone to them to be check. Thanks

Hi,

Good news!

many happy landiongs with the repaired one.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-10
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Were you by chance in a no fly area?
2020-1-10
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

Paul_ Posted at 1-10 08:29
Were you by chance in a no fly area?

Hi. I was not within no fly zone when I operate the drone
2020-1-10
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi all,

Just want to share here that another Mavic 2 Pro in our fleet crashed yesterday and I suspected similar case with the previous one. This time damaged not as severe to drone because the area it crash is a bit soft. We are doing highway contstruction. This time it was not operated by me but another our colleague and she was using Pix4D app to map out the construction area when suddenly the drove just veered of from the waypoint set and remote lost connection to it. Tried pressing return to home button and off and on the remote also unable to bring back the drone. They manage to locate the drone 180 meter away. The drone was brought to me and I checked the battery is almost 80% full.

I have just contacted DJI and they advised me to send to drone to them for checking.

Not sure if I need to ground all the other Mavic 2 Pro that we have as all were bought together and maybe that batch that we purchased is defect.
2020-2-11
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

clpiau Posted at 2-11 23:17
Hi all,

Just want to share here that another Mavic 2 Pro in our fleet crashed yesterday and I suspected similar case with the previous one. This time damaged not as severe to drone because the area it crash is a bit soft. We are doing highway contstruction. This time it was not operated by me but another our colleague and she was using Pix4D app to map out the construction area when suddenly the drove just veered of from the waypoint set and remote lost connection to it. Tried pressing return to home button and off and on the remote also unable to bring back the drone. They manage to locate the drone 180 meter away. The drone was brought to me and I checked the battery is almost 80% full.

Upload your log?
2020-2-12
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Gravity always wins!!!!
2020-2-12
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

*DM* Posted at 2-12 00:16
Upload your log?

We are using Pix4Dcapture app. Is the log also available?
2020-2-13
Use props
clpiau
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi,

Just an update on the crashed drone. DJI replied that they can do analysis on the drone on case by case and its USD35 per case. Regardless of the analysis result the repair cost is chargeable. In order not to waste both party time. I will follow the first advice to send the drone to DJI recommended service center here in Malaysia. Thanks
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules