5258 8 2014-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49334 ft
Romania

Hi,
is posible with Dji Inspire One camera to shot a 360° Aerial Panorama ?

The ghimbal i asume is ok for 360° Aerial Panorama but the camera is ok for this kind of shots? I saw that is not a fisheye lens....
2014-11-16
Use props
vadodaria
New

India

My question is the same like Lucian : "is posible with Dji Inspire One camera to shot a 360° Aerial Panorama ?

The ghimbal i asume is ok for 360° Aerial Panorama but the camera is ok for this kind of shots? I saw that is not a fisheye lens...."

Very much interested to know the same as I am doing 360 Panoramic Photography based in INDIA ( www.vr360.in )

Mukesh Vadodaria
2014-11-16
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Thank God DJI has come up with a "Wide" angle lens with out the dam fish eye.  So much wasited time in post video removing it!  DJI you get my thumbs up!
2014-11-16
Use props
pawelr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184957 ft
Poland

Also interested in the answer to this question.

Secondly: is the camera constructed so is rotating around the no-parallax point of the lens?
2014-11-28
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done hundreds of 360 pano shots working for Google. In those shots, working in tight spaces it is very important to rotate around the lens no parallax position and I used a special tripod mount to do it. When doing aerial pano shots you don't need nearly as much accuracy. The further away objects are the less you see stitching problems. Here is a 6 shot pano taken with an RX100 with a Naza V2 controlled S900. Due to high wind I had about 3' of movement of the aircraft as I turned to get the photos. It still stitched fine in photoshop. Shots were taken at 300'. The man made lake is 1/2 mile long.  The gimbal is not an issue for Parallax issues, aircraft movement will have far more effect on the shitchability.
I lookforward to doing multi-photo pano shots with the inspire. I think it will work great.
DSC01293.jpg
2014-11-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Users have been able to do HDR photos using the Inspire.  The stability necessary to take a photo, reset the EV take another and repeat is surely more than required to do a pano using a camera operator.
2014-11-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-30 00:26
Users have been able to do HDR photos using the Inspire.  The stability necessary to take a photo, r ...

I would like to see DJI put a panorama function on the app to automate the panorama process.
Currently I have to yaw the Phantom to shoot the sequence.
It would be much easier and more efficient to have the quad stay in place and have the gimbal rotate the camera and bang off the required number of shots with a nice uniform overlap.  
I also wonder if it would be possible for the gimbal to rotate the camera to the vertical/portrait orientation for panorama shooting??
2014-11-29
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

We would be able to get much better pano shots if the camera was allowed to rotate to portrait mode.
2014-11-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2014-11-30 09:46
We would be able to get much better pano shots if the camera was allowed to rotate to portrait mode. ...

Unfortunately that is not possible.
2014-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules