Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Mini has serious problem....
1165 12 2019-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dalmato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76650 ft
Croatia

On 5th of December I got it up from the window and it fell in the bushes without any control.
Since it was protected (in a cage) it didn't break.
When I turned it on motor sound (sort of metal noise) was louder and all of sudden it started to collapse and go down.
I was 3mt away and commands on remote controller didn't react,
I wanted to go higher but none of the commands; left, right, higher.. didn't react.
Few days have passed and now everything seems to be ok, but I am afraid this will happen againg and I am afraid to go higher or above  any water surface because if it collapses once more it is done.
Dron was bought 20 days ago.
Did something like this happen to anybody? What should I do?

2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dalmato. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the said drone and to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to check, fix and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-10
Use props
6arret
lvl.2
Canada

post your flight log
2019-12-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

The only way for people in this forum to help you is if you provide the fly log.
2019-12-10
Use props
Dalmato
lvl.1
Croatia

6arret Posted at 12-10 09:28
post your flight log

How can I post my flight log? Please explain to me how to do it..
2019-12-10
Use props
6arret
lvl.2
Canada

Dalmato Posted at 12-10 12:10
How can I post my flight log? Please explain to me how to do it..

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-12-10
Use props
Dalmato
lvl.1
Croatia

6arret Posted at 12-10 12:29
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SSCCOLKXN362NB4O80TG
2019-12-10
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

sorry but I would be willing to guess you have one bad motor from the crash, even though it was in a cage it probably still damaged a motor
2019-12-10
Use props
Dalmato
lvl.1
Croatia

Cavids Posted at 12-10 15:45
sorry but I would be willing to guess you have one bad motor from the crash, even though it was in a cage it probably still damaged a motor

Did something like this happen to anybody? What should I do?

2019-12-17
Use props
frafri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

Sorry to hear. I am learning as I go as well
2019-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dalmato Posted at 12-10 13:46
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SSCCOLKXN362NB4O80TG

First off your mini does not have a serious problem.

It had no problems with motors starting or when it crashed.

Looking at your log I think the moving about was as a result of two things, you took off under some trees or close to trees this had the effect of causing craft to receive enough gps, it’s also dark under these trees so your VPS sensors won’t work correctly, they need to have good light and also good sensors to work correctly.
So you craft wasn’t able to hold position as it should and was moving around also it appeared that your stick movements were not taking effect but looking at your log all your stick movements were registering but drone was still drifting about the place until it crashed.

When flying at take off wait until you see minimum 11 sats this will give you a solid take off and ease into your flight .
2019-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This preflight exercise might help.

1/ start AC leave until you receive enough gps lock ,

2/ if you get Compass interference turn off AC and move to another location,
without interference.

Raise AC to height of 8ft
Hover for 20 seconds
Fly forward 2ft
Backward 2ft
Left 2ft
Right 2ft
Up 2ft
Down 2ft
Yaw left
Yaw right
Each time returning to hover position
If you have a good horizontal each time, you will then know you have good GPS good IMU and good Compass, and your ready to fly.

This exercise takes less than 2 minutes and is worthwhile doing before every flight,
2019-12-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

How could DJI make more clear or mandatory to read manual, or include a check list?
I have to say that I personally love reading manuals, and the Mini is very direct and short, and probably not appealing to many.
Like that video with "Paul" and "Doney" or something lol
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules