1647 11 2019-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grinnen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12654 ft
Canada

Hi

I got my mini and think it's a fantastic little machine. Problem is that in almost every recording scenario that's a bit dark there are lines in the video..and the video is sketchy at times (not a constant fps).

I have uploaded a pic that shows the lines but they may be kind of hard to see. They go the whole screen and are vertical. There's a tonne of the lines, one is dark and the next light, then dark, then so on.

Has anyone else had this issue?. It's ruining a lot of the video I try to capture

MavicMiniLines.jpg
2019-12-12
Use props
Grinnen
lvl.2
Canada

The lines are very hard to see on mobile. On desktop they are quite apparent
2019-12-12
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Grinnen Posted at 12-12 17:23
The lines are very hard to see on mobile. On desktop they are quite apparent

I am unable to see the lines.
2019-12-12
Use props
Grinnen
lvl.2
Canada

JohnK48 Posted at 12-12 17:40
I am unable to see the lines.

They aren't quite lines. They are more like how a fence is built rather than a line. On my big tv they are very noticeable, each line about 3-4mm wide. They also make the image look rough
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not really seeing anything.  Are you making sure to get the files from the SD card from the drone itself rather than the cached file from your phone?
2019-12-12
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I'm not seeing any problems with the image on any of my monitors, either.

I've viewed it on a 1080P 27" monitor in a dimly lit room at full resolution as well as zoomed in beyond 100%, and I see nothing like what you've described.

The image you posted is not 1080P resolution.  It's only 1598 X 822 pixels.

I wonder if we'd see it if you post a full-size version.  Also, it may be that your TV is creating these lines when it upsamples the images to fit the TV's native screen resolution.

Does it happen for you shooting in both 1080P and 2.7K?

2019-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Grinnen, sorry that we don't really see any lines, may we have the original pictures or videos for further analysis? Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.
2019-12-13
Use props
Grinnen
lvl.2
Canada

I'm now wondering if my tv is doing it. I'm going to check on another monitor and TV. This is odd
2019-12-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Grinnen Posted at 12-13 09:22
I'm now wondering if my tv is doing it. I'm going to check on another monitor and TV. This is odd

Let us know, I can't see any lines either.
I found too the footage of my mini to look very different from monitor to monitor.
2019-12-13
Use props
Grinnen
lvl.2
Canada

So upon investigation it is my TV...not sure why it's started doing this on video and pictures, but its right after a Windows update :/
2019-12-16
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Also, if you don't have the latest firmware that might also help, especially with images that seem dark.
2019-12-27
Use props
CarRamRod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81742 ft
United States

I did notice something before I read your response about your TV being the issue, but now I'm questioning it. I see a spot near the middle that appears to have two borders and in between is slightly brighter. I am probably looking way too deep into this. It was actually easier to see in the smaller preview pic. Don't know if this is due to the cropping for the 16:9 format or not. I could also be off my rocker. Probably the latter.

2019-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules