Done with DJI - bad after sales service
833 3 2019-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I regret ever buying the Inspire 2. I took a prepaid vacation to Colorado exclusively for drone photography, and the 2nd day I was there, the Zenmuse X5S camera malfunctioned. It produced what is known as jello effect (the video footage wobbles like jello, hence the name jello effect). The camera produced this effect even when the drone was grounded and perfectly still.

I immediately called DJI tech support and the person I talked to wasn’t capable of understanding anything I said either because he could barely speak English, or has no understanding of basic drone and photography concepts.

My vacation was ruined and I sent the camera to DJI which they received on 11/27. The camera is under warranty. According to DJI, it would have cost $1,296.00 to repair the camera if it were outside the warranty coverage period. DJI said, "it will take 3-6 working days for repair and test," but they still have my camera over two weeks later, and can’t give me any information whatsoever as to why it is taking so long. All they can tell me is “unfortunately, we're still waiting for the repair team’s response."

I’m done with DJI drones for awhile. I just want my camera back ASAP so I can sell this thing.

2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Ryan, sorry to know about having issues with our phone support team. We welcome every feedback for us to improve better. Rest assured that we'll take action on this. Again we apologize. With regards to your case, we managed to pull up your case number using your DJI Forum account. This product (Zenmuse X5S Gimbal and Camera) will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.

The progress is delayed because the component required for repair is out of stock temporarily in the local repair center, we are urgently deploying. The team has sent you the email notification of the case status on 6th, December. Your case has been escalated to the higher level team for better follow up, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, sorry again for all the troubles and the inconvenience caused to your vacation.

2019-12-13
Use props
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm beyond disgusted. DJI has had my camera for 3 weeks, and still nobody can tell me when I can expect to get my camera back.
2019-12-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ryan5973 Posted at 12-18 05:42
I'm beyond disgusted. DJI has had my camera for 3 weeks, and still nobody can tell me when I can expect to get my camera back.

Sorry again for the unpleasant experience, our manager has explained the situation via the email and they will keep following up, hope you will get the camera back soon.
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules