3456 35 2019-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6191 ft
United States

Hello,

I have a Mavic Mini Drone ordered and it appears that it is stuck in the FedEx hub in Memphis, Tennessee. It looks like it needs to clear customs. I reached out to FedEx and they told me to contact the seller in order to give more information so they can release the package and it can reach it's final destination. I tried reaching out to DJI earlier but I did not have much success in getting the answers I needed, and they were not helpful so I am contacting the forum in hopes that I can get somewhere. The FedEx tracking number is 441411950281. If you need more information regarding the DJI order number, please reply and I'll promptly do the same. Thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 5.45.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 5.45.49 PM.png
2019-12-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been a common occurrence. Most of us that got the customs delay just waited it out. You aren’t alone in the FedEx customs delay. I think from what other threads have said, FedEx ends up working with DJI to get the information they need without customer intervention. Usually customs delay is about 2-4 business days.
2019-12-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to read and knew about the troubles you've had with your order. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg
lvl.1
United States

I believe I’m in the same boat as you mine made it to Memphis Saturday and has been on delay since.
2019-12-16
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-16 14:50
This has been a common occurrence. Most of us that got the customs delay just waited it out. You aren’t alone in the FedEx customs delay. I think from what other threads have said, FedEx ends up working with DJI to get the information they need without customer intervention. Usually customs delay is about 2-4 business days.

That's good to hear! Hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later!
2019-12-16
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-16 14:50
Hi, sorry to read and knew about the troubles you've had with your order. We'll forward and seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated

Thank you so much, DJI Diana! Please keep me updated and I'll be sure to keep an eye on the tracking updates as well.
2019-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That must be really frustrating,  Id be annoyed knowing it was delayed.
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-16 16:29
Thank you so much, DJI Diana! Please keep me updated and I'll be sure to keep an eye on the tracking updates as well.

We have verified with the logistics team, no document is required at the moment, it shall be released very soon, appreciate your patience.
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 02:08
That must be really frustrating,  Id be annoyed knowing it was delayed.

Oh for sure I've been refreshing the page like a hawk. Obviously trying to get it before Christmas. I think it's going to be pretty close....fingers are crossed
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-17 03:34
We have verified with the logistics team, no document is required at the moment, it shall be released very soon, appreciate your patience.

Thank you for the update DJI Diana I sincerely appreciate it! Please let me know if that status/information changes and if you require any documentation on my side or anything. Thanks again!
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg Posted at 12-16 15:35
I believe I’m in the same boat as you mine made it to Memphis Saturday and has been on delay since.

Oh no! Hoping yours gets released whenever mine does too! I should have just bought from Best Buy I didn't know there would be a customs hold up....first time buying directly from DJI.
2019-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-17 06:02
Oh for sure I've been refreshing the page like a hawk. Obviously trying to get it before Christmas. I think it's going to be pretty close....fingers are crossed

Fingers crossed for you.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I ordered my mini through the DJI wesite on 11/01. It took a full month to get it. I know all to well what you guys that are seeing customs delays are going through. All I can say is, it is well worth the wait IMHO. It will get released very soon I would say. And I hope that you guys get as much enjoyment out of your mini as I have with mine so far!!!
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-17 06:15
Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you!
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-17 06:16
I ordered my mini through the DJI wesite on 11/01. It took a full month to get it. I know all to well what you guys that are seeing customs delays are going through. All I can say is, it is well worth the wait IMHO. It will get released very soon I would say. And I hope that you guys get as much enjoyment out of your mini as I have with mine so far!!!

WOW. Patience is a virtue! Glad to hear it is worth the wait. Hopefully only a few more days to go...
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-17 03:34

DJI Diana, I just refreshed and the follow message appears on the top of my tracking information:

Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
Recommended action: Importer must provide instructions.

I'm not sure if DJI needs to instruct clearance instructions to FedEx or not, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. You can find my tracking number at the beginning of this thread. Please let me know if you need anything else from my side. Thank you!
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE from FedEx: Your package is a distribution shipment and the shipper will provide all customs paperwork. We are just waiting for their Customized process account information. Estimated customs update will be tonight after Midnight CST. No information needed from the recipient at this time

It sounds like paperwork IS indeed needed on DJI's end. DJI Admin's, can you please verify from the logistics team that the information needed has been sent to FedEx so the package can be released? I'm just trying to expedite the process as quickly as I can. Thank You very, VERY much.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg
lvl.1
United States

Well we have made it to this. Hope yours is having better luck.
DE8A7478-C7D2-4772-ACBF-F01D3540506B.png
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg Posted at 12-17 07:56
Well we have made it to this. Hope yours is having better luck.

Holy moley.
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg
lvl.1
United States

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-17 07:58
Holy moley.

You would think as often they ship to the U.S. , they would have it figured out. I thought about ordering from Best Buy as well but decided against it.
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg Posted at 12-17 08:03
You would think as often they ship to the U.S. , they would have it figured out. I thought about ordering from Best Buy as well but decided against it.

Next time, we'll know I suppose. DJI would obviously still receive majority of the cut just not as direct, I suppose.

Yes, if this is the same issue every time, I would suspect they would have caught on by now..
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-17 07:54
UPDATE from FedEx:  Your package is a distribution shipment and the shipper will provide all customs paperwork. We are just waiting for their Customized process account information. Estimated customs update will be tonight after Midnight CST. No information needed from the recipient at this time

It sounds like paperwork IS indeed needed on DJI's end. DJI Admin's, can you please verify from the logistics team that the information needed has been sent to FedEx so the package can be released? I'm just trying to expedite the process as quickly as I can. Thank You very, VERY much.

Hi, Our Logistics Team is aware of this issue and working on it, Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.

2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg
lvl.1
United States

AlbertPerK21 my package is in transit again I hope yours is well.
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-17 11:28
Hi, Our Logistics Team is aware of this issue and working on it, Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.

DJI Diana aka Wonder Woman - it looks like your team has come through! I now have an International Shipment Release status on the package with a scheduled delivery for tomorrow! I am unsure if it will arrive tomorrow but if it has indeed been released this is fantastic news!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the updates, and please pass along my gratitude to the logistics team from me! I will update once the package continues transit and arrives!
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_hXYvojC0xUjg Posted at 12-17 11:43
AlbertPerK21 my package is in transit again I hope yours is well.

It appears mine is as well!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad your mini's are back on the road to you guys!!
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-17 11:50
It appears mine is as well!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!

You're most welcome Albert and thanks for your patience. If anything else, please let us know. We're here to help.
2019-12-17
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-17 12:17
You're most welcome Albert and thanks for your patience. If anything else, please let us know. We're here to help.

The Mavic Mini arrived yesterday! It’s wrapped and under the tree! Thanks again so much for your support!!!
2019-12-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-19 04:29
The Mavic Mini arrived yesterday! It’s wrapped and under the tree! Thanks again so much for your support!!!

It's easy to get excited about such things. You are just one of many that has went through this very thing.  I am glad that you got your mini though!! Hoping that when you open it up on Christmas that you get all the joy possible from it! Merry Christmas!!!
2019-12-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-19 04:29

That's great to know, Albert. Again, we thank you for your patience and giving us the opportunity to help. If there is anything we can assist that confines within our scope, we would love again to help you with that. Enjoy your new drone!
2019-12-19
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

Thank you both so much!!
2019-12-20
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-20 07:25
Thank you both so much!!

No worries AlbertPerk21. I've seen quite a few customs hold stories on here and I know it can be very nerve racking. I didn't go through that, but I did go through quite the wait for my mini. I just hope you get the enjoyment from your mini that I have gotten from mine!! Best of luck and Merry Christmas!!
2019-12-20
Use props
AlbertPerK21
lvl.2
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-20 07:30
No worries AlbertPerk21. I've seen quite a few customs hold stories on here and I know it can be very nerve racking. I didn't go through that, but I did go through quite the wait for my mini. I just hope you get the enjoyment from your mini that I have gotten from mine!! Best of luck and Merry Christmas!!

Thanks JodyB! I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!  And Merry Christmas to you as well!
2019-12-23
Use props
fansb9b24b5e
New

United States

I’m in the same situation.
2019-12-29
Use props
fans7a80fae0
New

United States

AlbertPerK21 Posted at 12-17 06:13
Oh no! Hoping yours gets released whenever mine does too! I should have just bought from Best Buy I didn't know there would be a customs hold up....first time buying directly from DJI.

You would think DJI should have its act together knowing there will be a delay in customs. With the prices we pay for their products and modern technology there is no excuse for this. I'll never order from this company again.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_8sDJjHi2YFJn
New

United States

So now my drone is stuck in customs, this has become a common issue for over a year, why the hell has dji not fixed this problem? Very disappointed!  
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules