1st flight went well. Amazingly stable.
566 7 2019-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lohr500
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It was a short indoor flight after fully charging the controller and flight batteries, activating the Mini, buying the Care Refresh Pack and updating the firmware.Just to gain famiiarity with the controls.

The most nerve racking part was initiating the automatic take off and having confidence that it wouldn't power its way into the ceiling. But it didn't.
It did exactly what the instructions said it would and rose to around 1.5 Meters, then maintained position with zero drift.
After owning a few cheap drones and twin rotor indoor helicopters I was expecting to have to feed in some control adjustments to maintain position.
But it just sat there bang on station with no drama.
I was able to fly around the room in full control, even doing a few figure of eights on the maiden flight.
Landing was also very easy, as was a manually controlled take off.

Sadly, I have to put the MM away now until Christmas as it is an Xmas present to me from the kids!!!
But I couldn't wait to try it out, even if only briefly.

Hoping for some calm weather over the festive period so I can get some flight practice outside.
I guess the trick is to take it steady and build up confidence slowly.

2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting your Mavic Mini!! I was the same way when I first flew mine. I was amazed!!! You've got some great kiddo's getting you such a gift too!!
2019-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on your Christmas present.
2019-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day lohr500. Congratulations with your new DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for sharing your experience with your new DJI Mavic Mini. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-12-17
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

enjoy it and again you have great Kid's
2019-12-17
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Congratulations, I'm glad you're happy just like all of us. Later, surely DJI will have prepared a pleasant surprise and we can enjoy certain things that we are demanding, so the experience will be much more satisfying. How happy I feel on these dates, when I can see and feel that we still have THAT HIDDEN CHILD within us, when the dates of Santa and the Magi arrive. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, FRIENDS.

2019-12-17
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats awesome! Good to hear
2019-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting a super great gift!  While you are waiting for Christmas day keep watching those Mavic Mini how to videos.  That way you can show off how good a pilot you are to your kids.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have a non-windy day on Christmas.
2019-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules