24 fps firmware update?
3459 19 2019-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

When is the Mavic Mini expected to get 24p recording? And will it be true 24p or 23.98?
2019-12-21
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

When it'll get RAW and Panorama support (i.e. never or right before there's a Mavic Mini 2). It's the DJI-way.
2019-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day warwickajones. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future drones and products, kindly please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2019-12-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ulfw Posted at 12-22 00:10
When it'll get RAW and Panorama support (i.e. never or right before there's a Mavic Mini 2). It's the DJI-way.

It is likely never going to get RAW and Panoramic at this price range. Lets be reasonable.
2019-12-22
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

You're right. The professional 2000USD Spark with this high price tag got Panorama but the Mini just shouldn't...
2019-12-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Visual Air Posted at 12-22 08:52
It is likely never going to get RAW and Panoramic at this price range. Lets be reasonable.

both of these are simple software changes and as stated before DJI drones in similar price range had them. Not sure why that's unreasonable.
2019-12-23
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Things like fps or WB lock should be easy and not add CPU load, same with flat video profile and AEB, I just don't see why would this compete with M2...
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

ulfw Posted at 12-22 18:53
You're right. The professional 2000USD Spark with this high price tag got Panorama but the Mini just shouldn't...

Nice comparison. LOL.
2019-12-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ice_2k Posted at 12-23 01:18
both of these are simple software changes and as stated before DJI drones in similar price range had them. Not sure why that's unreasonable.

Sorry I was not aware of a similar priced DJI drone, the closest I could see was the Mavic Air and its over double the price here in North America The Spark I cannot find a price . I think for the Mavic Minis price range it is packed with many features just not all of them.
2019-12-23
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

You can't find the Spark anymore because the Mini basically replaced it.
2019-12-23
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 12-22 08:52

Lol, that is exactly their point. It’s like saying “when pigs fly”.
2019-12-23
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-23 05:13
Things like fps or WB lock should be easy and not add CPU load, same with flat video profile and AEB, I just don't see why would this compete with M2...

I might actually have to sell the Mini and get a 2nd hand Air if I can’t get 24fps, WB lock, and a flat picture profile.

It was my first drone, so great to learn on. But the low dynamic range, frame rate jitter, and WB shift make it almost unusable at times.
2019-12-23
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

warwickajones@gmail.com Posted at 12-23 16:01
I might actually have to sell the Mini and get a 2nd hand Air if I can’t get 24fps, WB lock, and a flat picture profile.

It was my first drone, so great to learn on. But the low dynamic range, frame rate jitter, and WB shift make it almost unusable at times.

I’m not sure what the update that’s slated to come will offer and I hope it has everything you’re looking for in it. I’ve learned that DJI, while making really good product, is lacking in the customer support area so other than what they’ve said about the NfZ unlock I don’t think it looks good for us. I hope I’m very wrong with that statement though.
2019-12-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hopefully 24fps...
2019-12-23
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Wait about five firmwares and it will be pefect
2019-12-23
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

JodyB Posted at 12-23 16:06
I’m not sure what the update that’s slated to come will offer and I hope it has everything you’re looking for in it. I’ve learned that DJI, while making really good product, is lacking in the customer support area so other than what they’ve said about the NfZ unlock I don’t think it looks good for us. I hope I’m very wrong with that statement though.

What’s NfZ?

Potato Jet said DJI told him specifically 24p was imminent in future firmware updates, so I trust that’s true.
2019-12-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

warwickajones@gmail.com Posted at 12-24 22:11
What’s NfZ?

Potato Jet said DJI told him specifically 24p was imminent in future firmware updates, so I trust that’s true.

Let's hope my friend!!
2019-12-25
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

warwickajones@gmail.com Posted at 12-24 22:11
What’s NfZ?

NFZ is "no fly zone" restrictions some users are experiencing.
I'm hoping for the update too, specially  WB lock and a video flat profile is very needed.
2019-12-27
Use props
warwickajones
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I sold my Mini and bought an Air.

Only thing I miss is better noise reduction straight out of the camera. The Mini was insane at night!
2019-12-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

warwickajones@gmail.com Posted at 12-28 00:54
I sold my Mini and bought an Air.

Only thing I miss is better noise reduction straight out of the camera. The Mini was insane at night!

I'm sorry it came to that, but I'm also glad you got something that you can work with as well. Best wishes for your new Mavic Air warwickjones!!
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules