Feature Request - Wind Speed Warning
982 5 2019-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Hello everyone, after lurking on this forum I've come up with what I think would be a very useful feature for the Mavic Mini series as well as the entire DJI fleet.

I would like to see a new warning for pilots that advise of windspeeds.

Wind speed greater > than ((Default Dji specs (((Later could be user input)))18mph|8m/s for Mavic Mini)) fly with caution.

Wind speed > 8m/s above 10m fly with caution
Wind speed > 18mph above 30ft fly with caution

Orange if the wind is above half of what the drone can support, Red if it exceeds what the Drone can support.

The app already uses our phone for location information and this would just go a step further and query our location and recivce local/national weather reports and would give dji the basic information they need to provide these warnings. The app takes a quick look in the background and see's the winds are greater then the  model supports and upon pre take off a warning comes up with the wind  advisory.

Windy and Ventusky show wind speeds at Ground level and at altituide starting at 100M(330ft) so that would be enough for USA flyers being our limit is 400FT anyways.

Just my suggestion, Thanks.

2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_SFmb5tb7bQWj
lvl.2

Germany

Some nice ideas
2019-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We will directly forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Wind speed warning was introduced for the Phantom models some time ago, and immediately people started complaining about it then asking how it could be switched off.
2019-12-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-25 11:31
Wind speed warning was introduced for the Phantom models some time ago, and immediately people started complaining about it then asking how it could be switched off.

I could understand for the larger drones it could be annoying and be made and option but not every pilot knows to look at the wind and especially on this drone new users could benefit from a heads up.

Lot's of high wind posts could be cut down if the drone warned them it was unsuitable to fly, also cover dji in the fact the user ignored the warning and lost there drone. We have to take responsibility regardless of the size.
2019-12-25
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

Please all here feature requests mavic mini
2019-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules