1574 14 2019-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I made this video about the things I don’t like about the Mavic Mini. There are plenty of good things to say about this little machine, but it has some shortcomings that can be deciding whether to choose it or go for one of the larger models.   

2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Henrik Olsen. Thank you for creating this video for the DJI Mavic Mini and for sharing your insight with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support.
2019-12-27
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Hi Henrik, your videos are always totally entertaining and lively, I like to look at them. Now go on walking, burn the pounds from Christmas.
2019-12-27
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

jonny007 Posted at 12-27 14:40
Hi Henrik, your videos are always totally entertaining and lively, I like to look at them.  Now go on walking, burn the pounds from Christmas.

Phew a lot of walking
2019-12-27
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Thanks Henrik for a very informative video
2019-12-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You crashed the drone because of incompetence , and you think it should be easy to change the props, if it was easy to change the props you would be crashing all the time, it’s djis way of teaching you a lesson.

The camera controls, yes I agree where possible.

Regarding WiFi, I have just been watching your videos about skydio, you have been raving about it , yet it has WiFi so much worse than a drone that costs one third of a skydio, maybe you are just looking to make as many silly videos as possible, incidentally having owned all dji WiFi drones the mini is by far the best but you don’t mention this at all .
2019-12-27
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 12-27 16:04
You crashed the drone because of incompetence , and you think it should be easy to change the props, if it was easy to change the props you would be crashing all the time, it’s djis way of teaching you a lesson.

The camera controls, yes I agree where possible.

Not everyone is flawless, and not the point -> Why would you punish new pilots without skills with a tricky mounting system?

If you have been watching my Skydio videos you would know these where collaborations with another YouTuber, and he did not provide that information about the range as part of his material to me, I would have preferred to have the drone my self, but that was not possible. No matter how you twist it, the CE wifi drone is weak and prone to interference that will cause unpredictable behavior   
2019-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Henrik Olsen Posted at 12-28 06:07
Not everyone is flawless, and not the point -> Why would you punish new pilots without skills with a tricky mounting system?

If you have been watching my Skydio videos you would know these where collaborations with another YouTuber, and he did not provide that information about the range as part of his material to me, I would have preferred to have the drone my self, but that was not possible. No matter how you twist it, the CE wifi drone is weak and prone to interference that will cause unpredictable behavior

I think you spoke for yourself you crashed it, please give newbies some credit, they’re not likely to make the stupid mistake you made.
Having been flying a mavic air for almost and using the adage of flying within VLOS I have found it to be quite reliable of course it’s not ocusync but I paid a premium to have ocusync for my other drones, I expect what is reasonable from Mavic mini and I was well aware that it used WiFi just as you were, but the difference is you whine after you have purchased , most will get on with what they have and use it to the best of its ability.

With regards to skydio, I am totally amazed that someone in your position wasn’t aware of its complete failure using WiFi and it’s hopeless transmission reception, it's also a FCC drone which makes its problem twice as bad,  but if you say you didn’t know then that’s fine .
2019-12-28
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

Denmark (Henrik Olsen) vs Sweden (hallmark007) = 0-2
2019-12-28
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Henrik keep up the good work Thanks - Its how life works some one will always find means and ways to break everything and everyone around them down
2019-12-28
Use props
Antshill
lvl.1
United States

I have 0 minutes logged with drone, RC plane, anything flying. I havent even received my MM yet. I think anyone older than the age of 6 has likely encountered a screw. I don't see the prop mount to be "anti-newbie".

I also your other gripe about the joysticks not sitting in the case to be more whining than actual complaint. Having spent a few days researching and preparing for my drone to arrive. I think the biggest issue so far I've seen is the operator.

I've seen 2 cases where one motor fails and the thing falls out of the sky. The rest seem to be: operating without sufficient GPS satellites, flying when its too windy, not understanding RTH, basically flying outside of operators abilities.

I do agree with you regarding #4 & #5 - ability to control our videos would be fantastic. I REALLY hope that this is enabled. From what I've read, they are using software to limit the MM's 4K abilities, which means they likely are limiting things such as video control - to avoid cannibalizing their other drones.

2019-12-28
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

George GR Posted at 12-28 06:59
Denmark (Henrik Olsen) vs Sweden (hallmark007) = 0-2

Lol who cares, the video is doing fantastic ;-)
2019-12-28
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Droneflier Posted at 12-28 07:47
Henrik keep up the good work Thanks - Its how life works some one will always find means and ways to break everything and everyone around them down

Don't worry I'll live. Was kinda expecting a little resistance on this one
2019-12-28
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Great video nice landscape
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Nice video with lots of beautiful scenery, too

I think it's pretty clear that a lot of the design decisions made for the Mavic Mini were done for the sake of weight savings.

The lack of quick connect prop blade mounts surely saves a few valuable grams of mass, and the same goes for many of the other omissions, such as no object avoidance sensors, etc.

While the low price definitely makes this drone attractive to new drone buyers, it probably isn't as newbie-friendly as some of the larger drones might be.  Then again, if I lose it entirely, I'm only out $400 instead of 1700 or more.

I do agree that adding the pro photo options wouldn't cost DJI anything, and would be greatly appreciated.

It's my first drone, and I find it to be an incredible device for no more than it costs.  Hopefully DJI will take these things that people want to see added, and incorporate them into future firmware/app updates.
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules