2509 30 2019-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope the update not only includes current bug fixes but new features as well.  In a dream world this is what I’d like to read on the DJI website announcing the next update.

“Our DJI R&D team is continuously optimizing the DJI Mavi Mini firmware and DJI Fly Application for better user experience.  

What’s New

- Fixes an issue where DJI Fly App crashes on certain Android phone models

- Fixes orientation being off from RC position

- Allows users to Geo Zone unlock

- Adds new feature - WB, AEB, and RAW photo capability

- Adds new feature - Active Track

We will soon be releasing SDK for third party developers use”

Well, I can dream can't I.  Honestly, I hope the update comes out on the 30th and that it fixes the main bugs.  Feature additions would be a bonus.  

Happy flying.

2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DowntownRDB. Thank you for sharing this information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI Stephen.  Have a great day.
2019-12-28
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

I also wish there was option to record audio from the display device, and dynamic homepoint option like there is on the Spark.
2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 08:00
Thanks DJI Stephen.  Have a great day.

You are very much welcome DowntownRDB. If you have any other suggestions, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a sgreat New Year to you and to your family. .
2019-12-28
Use props
fans8a8c6c0a
lvl.3
United States

I don't believe Active Track is practical on a drone with no collision avoidance sensors.
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For me  - make it compatible with DJI Go 4 so that people with 32bit devices can use it
2019-12-28
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

And precision landing and waypoints and manual videos and many other
2019-12-28
Use props
IndyRick
lvl.2

United States

This is my first drone, and I'll be using it for real estate and nature photography (some first trials).  If I were to dream of features id like to see, they'd be for some custom controls like being able to tap a definable function button to have the Mini rotate a certain portion of a circle at a certain speed (e.g. 360 degrees in 15 sec).  I don't know if any drone does that now, but it would make my rotations more cinematic.
2019-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Not sure if you will get all, but all of them are reasonable to ask for.
2019-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-28 11:41
Not sure if you will get all, but all of them are reasonable to ask for.

Concur, just a dream list.  Hopefully, they will at least accomplish the Fly App phone/tablet compatibility and Geo Zone unlock.  Neither of which effect me but reading the threads those 2 appear to be keeping a lot of folks "grounded".  My experience with the MM has been very positive but my expectations were not to have Phantom 4 capabilities scaled down into a Mini.  

Any fixes above those 2 will just be a bonus.
2019-12-28
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

fans8a8c6c0a Posted at 12-28 10:41
I don't believe Active Track is practical on a drone with no collision avoidance sensors.
Hi everyone. Regarding your comment, I can assure you that you are very wrong, I have the Phamtom 3 WITHOUT SENSORS and it has the way to follow me, active track, etc... and apart from that it is very, very, useful to take aerial shots with these characteristics , I have never, I repeat, I have never suffered an accident. Things using them with caution and head can be used and take advantage of them. The sensors are not necessary, they help, yes, but they are not necessary. Greetings.
2019-12-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JM.REYES Posted at 12-28 13:02
Hi everyone. Regarding your comment, I can assure you that you are very wrong, I have the Phamtom 3 WITHOUT SENSORS and it has the way to follow me, active track, etc... and apart from that it is very, very, useful to take aerial shots with these characteristics , I have never, I repeat, I have never suffered an accident. Things using them with caution and head can be used and take advantage of them. The sensors are not necessary, they help, yes, but they are not necessary. Greetings.

The P3 models do have Follow Me, but they do not have Active Track. Active track requires very powerful image processing, which is beyond the capability of P3 aircraft.
2019-12-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

How about just match the Spark functionality, after all this has literally replaced the Spark.  Control via mobile is useful for that quick shot and if the Mini truly ‘fly as you are’ Flycam and phone  would make this very portable.
2019-12-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dream bigger and get a Mavic 2 Zoom
2019-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the input AntDX316.  Actually I have been looking closely at the M2Z.
2019-12-28
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't believe Active Track is practical on a drone with no collision avoidance sensors.

I believe it is just need to be cautious of your surroundings.  Not like orbit or dronie won't hit things either. Look at me is another option where it just tracks without moving.
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

IndyRick Posted at 12-28 10:59
This is my first drone, and I'll be using it for real estate and nature photography (some first trials).  If I were to dream of features id like to see, they'd be for some custom controls like being able to tap a definable function button to have the Mini rotate a certain portion of a circle at a certain speed (e.g. 360 degrees in 15 sec).  I don't know if any drone does that now, but it would make my rotations more cinematic.

The MM does this in the CineSmooth flight mode, where the yaw rate is slowed down, but you have to manually control the rotation
2019-12-28
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

IndyRick Posted at 12-28 10:59

Have you started studying for your part 107?
2019-12-28
Use props
IndyRick
lvl.2

United States

BobWinNV Posted at 12-28 15:45
Have you started studying for your part 107?

Yep.  I expect to test before the new test comes out.
2019-12-28
Use props
SUNNY 2461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275197 ft
Bangladesh

I wish that precious moment when I can say - ' Ah, Dream Comes True !! '
2019-12-28
Use props
SUNNY 2461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275197 ft
Bangladesh

I don't believe Active Track is practical on a drone with no collision avoidance sensors.

Same as I think. Active track may become active crush also. Without Sensors, MM is kind a blind. but I am happy with that. The purpose of my use is not to shoot something automatically.  But, i saw many people asking for this active track.
2019-12-28
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

IndyRick Posted at 12-28 19:06
Yep.  I expect to test before the new test comes out.

Good plan. I took mine in Mid November.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_yxchdgQMaLYw
lvl.1
Maldives

Hi Guys from DJI,
Can anyone confirm that you will be releasing the firmware update still in Dec?
(I’m on the Maldives a few days and can’t use my mavic mini due to Geo Lock
2019-12-28
Use props
LegendEffects
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227 ft
Philippines

Hahaha man I want those features, too!
Wouldn't have to be an all-in thing. Could start with at least the Geo Lock and urgent fixes for phones that need it at least!
2019-12-29
Use props
MHero
lvl.1
Germany

I would be happy with just beeing able to lock the white balance during a video shot in a similar way as we can now lock the exposure. Sure, it would be great to dial in the WB Settings like (Sunny, cloudy etc. maybe in Kelvin), but this would be an additional thing. The locking of the WB is crucial as the footage really looks bad without it. Some drone friends saw my videos and told me that is one of the reasons not to buy the mini. I've recorded a video close to where I live, in which you can see that the WB changed from reddish to greenish to yellowish to blueish in one shot, based on the direction of the sun light hitting the underground and the color temp of the whole picture changed with it.
2019-12-29
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Geebax Posted at 12-28 13:16
The P3 models do have Follow Me, but they do not have Active Track. Active track requires very powerful image processing, which is beyond the capability of P3 aircraft.

Hello, right ... halfway. With the DJI application you don't have it. But, with LITCHI and 4D PIXEL if you have this feature, they are the ones I use with my Phantom.
2019-12-29
Use props
[ p a k a l ]
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57608 ft
Luxembourg

RAW Photography!
2019-12-29
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

"To dream is not harmful!"
2019-12-29
Use props
IndyRick
lvl.2

United States

lannes Posted at 12-28 15:19
The MM does this in the CineSmooth flight mode, where the yaw rate is slowed down, but you have to manually control the rotation

In my dream world, I'd get to define a soft function button so the Mini would complete a smooth 360 degree rotation in 60 sec, and another button for 360 degree in 90 sec, and another button for 270 degree in 60 sec, etc.  Even in mode C, I'm not that smooth, but I can dream.
2019-12-29
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I just ordered a Mavic Mini, pick it up on Sunday hopefully. With the competition hotting up (Husban have serious competitors with better features) I feel a firmware update is definately needed. What would I loke to see?

1. Raw Photo mode
2. Manual White Balance (video and photo)
3. Manual video settings, although the above would help with exposure!
4. Follow Me / tracking
5. Navigation and Waypoints

I dont think this in any way would encroach on the Mavic Air, as this has sensors the Mini doesnt and 4k video, plus its more powerful, so can manage more extreme flying conditions.

So come on DJI, add these features and you'll make a good drone better!
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules