1958 19 2019-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Sweden

My M2Z is only one month old.

From one day to the next, there was no image transmission at all. Some days before it happened by flying that the iPad screen went black for a short  moment. Yesterday several times. But now no image transmission from the camera whatsoever. Then I also noticed that I cannot start the motors. The programmed start of bottom LEDs to C1 button does not work any longer. Even though the controller and screen show the percentage of the battery in the drone, the settings page for battery does not show the green graphics of the different cells.

So after talking to people and thinking about the problem I thought that I would refresh the firmware (I already have the latest), so I downloaded the Access 2 for Mavic.
But the program does not recognize the M2Z with a full battery at all. Just silent. I could refresh the controller, but not the drone itself. I tried with two different Windows PCs.

How can I upgrade/refresh the firmware? Help please!
2019-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. You are recommended to download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from the DJI official web:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
Then refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact our support via http://www.dji.com/support, we'll do our best to help.
2019-12-28
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-28 22:54
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. You are recommended to download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from the DJI official web:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
Then refer to the tutorial video below to try the update again. Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact our support via http://www.dji.com/support, we'll do our best to help.

Thank you Natalia for your prompt answer. I have tried the latest version of Assistant 2 (2.0.10) already before my first mail. Now I followed your suggestion and have filed the case by your support.
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How far in the DJI Assistant process do you get ?
When the AC is connected to the pc do you see usb graphic connecting in DJI Assistant 2 and then taking you into the upgrade/refresh screen ?

Do you get a usb connection to the PC with the AC turned on ?

2019-12-29
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 12-29 04:58
How far in the DJI Assistant process do you get ?
When the AC is connected to the pc do you see usb graphic connecting in DJI Assistant 2 and then taking you into the upgrade/refresh screen ?

No, the graphic of AC does not show up in Assistant 2. Only the RC when I connect that insted.
With AC I get a message that the USB device is not recognized by Windows. So I do not get to the upgrade/refresh stage.

I have since contacted DJI support and they gave me instructions, how to update the driver, but at least for now it has not worked. Am waiting for their 3rd answer.

2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rolfr Posted at 12-29 11:35
No, the graphic of AC does not show up in Assistant 2. Only the RC when I connect that insted.
With AC I get a message that the USB device is not recognized by Windows. So I do not get to the upgrade/refresh stage.

Your PC is missing the usb drivers for the Pro Zoom

Try the drivers from this link

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =169778&pid=1614670

If this doesn't work,  you'll need to follow this update process through the PC device manager program

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =169778&pid=1619296

2019-12-29
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 12-29 16:08
Your PC is missing the usb drivers for the Pro Zoom

Try the drivers from this link

Sorry still not working:

I installed the driver. Did not help with Assistant 2 after new connection annd booting of M2Z

I followed the instructions, the same I got earlier from DJI service. First Unknown device showed up among the Other devices for a very short period and I tried to follow the instructions but it told me that the driver was not to find. Although the driver is in the specified folder.

Then I saw that no unknown device dissappeared and was not there anymore, but instead among the USB there were two new:
USB (sammansatt) - Swedish for Composite
USB masslagringsenhet -Swedish for masss storage

This experiance I also had days before the driver istallation, but I did not see anything of the first stage with unknown device. Presumable beqause it was so quick and short.
2019-12-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rolfr Posted at 12-30 03:49
Sorry still not working:

I installed the driver. Did not help with Assistant 2 after new connection annd booting of M2Z

What version of windows are you using Win10 or Win 8 or Win 7 ?
Do you have another PC to try it on

Try a few things, after each option try and connect AC to DJI Assistant 2

1st Option:
Remove the SD card from the drone and format it separately in the PC, then put it back into the drone and try to connect again to DJI Assistant 2 but open Assistant 2 first, power up the drone and lastly connect the usb to the computer, see if the AC connects to the DJI assistant 2.

2nd option:
After formating SD card, try downloading and installing the DJI flight simulator on the PC

https://www.dji.com/au/simulator/info#downloads
the .exe file has usb drivers that may work

3rd Option:  
With the Device Manager approach where you specify where the drivers are on your C: see if you can specify the exact folder the drivers are located in C: Program files (x86)/ Dji Product / DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic / drivers / Drivers_Win 10 or Drivers_Other (this folder is for other windows versions)

4th option:
I also notice in the drivers folders there are some batch files you could try running : DriverSetup64  and DriverSetup32 depending on whether you have 64bit or 32bit windows environment

See if  and of these 4 methods give you a connection
2019-12-30
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 12-30 04:22
What version of windows are you using Win10 or Win 8 or Win 7 ?
Do you have another PC to try it on

I have tried on 2 different PCs, both with Win 10

#1 Tested the exact order. Did not help

#2  Installed the Simulator, did not help either

#3  I put the driver as you described. No luck

#4  Started the 64  bit batch file. Same result

Have not got more info from the DJI support. Yesterday, sunday they answered 3 times. And not a sound more today. I guess that my one month old M2Z got kaputt from one day to the next. It must be possible to get it "repaired" on guarantee. If not repaired maybe changed.

Thank you Iannes for all your effort to help me. It seems impossible to connect to Assistant 2. And it was my longshot that a refresh maybe should help all the other fault that were there from one day to the next.
2019-12-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

1) Are you getting the USB tone when connecting the AC, there is one when you plug in and one when it cannot connect, it then repeats itself

2) Can you run and play the Flight Simulator, you'll need to connect your RC to the PC and turn it on.
This might trigger a driver installation

3) Final try "disable signed driver enforcement" in windows
https://ph.answers.acer.com/app/ ... -driver-enforcement

Also just out of interest, does your Spark connect to DJI Assistant 2

2019-12-30
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 12-30 14:23
1) Are you getting the USB tone when connecting the AC, there is one when you plug in and one when it cannot connect, it then repeats itself

#1 No USB sound  when connecting to PC

#2 Yes I can run the simulator with the keyboard, but not with the RC. I did connect the micro USB on RC left side to USB on PC. Did not hear any USB sound here either

#3 I dare not recover Windows

Do not know about Spark RC and Assistant 2 for Mavic 2. This is ver 2.0.8
For Spark it is also called Assistant 2 but with ver 1.2.5
- So I did not dare to try this either
2019-12-31
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rolfr Posted at 12-31 12:45
#1 No USB sound  when connecting to PC

#2 Yes I can run the simulator with the keyboard, but not with the RC. I did connect the micro USB on RC left side to USB on PC. Did not hear any USB sound here either

I was asking about the Spark connecting the pc using it's own version of  DJI Assistant 2 ?
If this works then it must be a specific driver issue as opposed to a general pc issue

Without the tone, means the port not even recognizing the usb plug is inserted, can you try something else to see if that pc usb port is working ? e.g the Spark

Just out of interest is the AC turned on before  you connect it to the pc, it needs power to connect
2019-12-31
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 2019-12-31 13:55
I was asking about the Spark connecting the pc using it's own version of  DJI Assistant 2 ?
If this works then it must be a specific driver issue as opposed to a general pc issue

With Assistant 2 v1.1.6 (for Spark) the Spark connects, but not the RC for it

with assistannt 2 for Mavic  v2.0.10, now neither M2Z nor RC connect. RC did before as described. Maybe the last driver it got has influenced here

Yes, both AC and RC were switched on and waited for a while before the cable went into the PC
2020-1-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What about turning off bluetooth

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =158033&pid=1945080

Do you have any earlier version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic sitting in your downloads folder that you could reinstall and try out, if this works then the problem must be V2.0.10

2020-1-1
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 1-1 09:29
What about turning off bluetooth

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =158033&pid=1945080

Have now shut off BT, but neither AC nor RC were recognized.
I have no older version for Mavic
2020-1-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Try connecting the RC (don't turn it on) to the PC, open DJI Assistant 2 , sign in if you need to, only then power on the RC
This may trigger a usb driver install

Try this method also with the AC, don't turn it on until the very  last thing after the Assistant is open on your PC

Also in the device manager are you seeing a anything connected to the COM3 port, DJI uses this to connect via usb
If there is something else using this then there could be a conflict blocking the usb connection

Here is a picture of mine showing the COM 3 port being used by DJI when I have my MPP turned on and connected to the PC

2020-1-1
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 1-1 15:07
Try connecting the RC (don't turn it on) to the PC, open DJI Assistant 2 , sign in if you need to, only then power on the RC
This may trigger a usb driver install

Thank  for all your support Iannes. I/we have tried all possible tests and I did get so frustrated that nothing logical seemed to help. So I submitted a repair request by DJI. From beginning the camera and Picture transmitting did not work. And my longshot to reset the firmware did not work either, so possibly there was a serious fault. At least they recognized my problem so far and gave me a service ticket and asked me tosend it to the repair center in Holland. It will show up there tomorrow as per last information from UPS.  I really do hope they will fix it on guarantee and not try to spoil my Care Refresh. I mean the drone was only one month old and ceased to work from the day before. Quite suddenly.
2020-1-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Rolfr Posted at 1-6 07:24
Thank  for all your support Iannes. I/we have tried all possible tests and I did get so frustrated that nothing logical seemed to help. So I submitted a repair request by DJI. From beginning the camera and Picture transmitting did not work. And my longshot to reset the firmware did not work either, so possibly there was a serious fault. At least they recognized my problem so far and gave me a service ticket and asked me tosend it to the repair center in Holland. It will show up there tomorrow as per last information from UPS.  I really do hope they will fix it on guarantee and not try to spoil my Care Refresh. I mean the drone was only one month old and ceased to work from the day before. Quite suddenly.

Best of luck with the replacement
2020-1-6
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

lannes Posted at 1-6 08:20
Best of luck with the replacement

Thank you very much!
2020-1-6
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Sweden

Just a quick Follow Up

After reporting the problem to DJI service center I got a UPS ticket for transport to Repair center in Holland. Got info that motherboard was faulty. They did send a brand new M2Z to me. Took a couple of days more than a week total from Sweden and back.

After checking my Refresh I could see that they had filed new numbers for AC and gimbal. Still 2 possible refreshs as the did it on guarantee.

Must say that I am impressed how DJI handled my case.
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules