3527 8 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timoune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31089 ft
France

Hi,

When I film with the mavic air, the speed when i turn left / right is a bit too fast so it does not look nice.
I am a bit lost with the yaw / pitch speed. Which one is the one to adjust?

I think a smaller speed would be better for cinematographic moves.

Thank you!

2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In expo, I use these settings for smoother controls

throttle 0.25, rudder 0.20 and forward/backwards 0.25

This explains expo settings, lower number makes the sticks less sensitive

http://fromwhereidrone.com/drone ... er-movements-guide/

2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Timoune. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You can try to adjust the sensitivity of the your DJI Mavic Air by using the DJI Go 4 application. All you need to do is Launch the DJI Go 4 then go to General Settings > Main Controller Settings > Gain and Expo > Sensitivity. Thank you.
2019-12-29
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 11:08
Hello and good day Timoune. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You can try to adjust the sensitivity of the your DJI Mavic Air by using the DJI Go 4 application. All you need to do is Launch the DJI Go 4 then go to General Settings > Main Controller Settings > Gain and Expo > Sensitivity. Thank you.

Thanks! And for the sensitivity, which one is the good one to adjust for my issue?

Thank you!
2019-12-29
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Yaw means rotate about vertical axis hovering horizontally

Pitch means bow to stern rocking motion

Roll means port to starboard rocking motion

Now another yaw comes in during "rolling leftwards port or rightwards starboard"

Sensitivity, Gain, Brake, these tailor the integrated coexistence amongst the aforementioned.

How do you know you've got it on the money?
Try observing what it does when the sticks are released immediately after commanding any combo stick manuvering.
The drone must cease motionless.
How responsively it occurs is the importance.
After acquiring the matched set of prescriptions, only then would you tweak incrementally by single factor alone and eval perform.
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Timoune Posted at 12-29 11:29
Thanks! And for the sensitivity, which one is the good one to adjust for my issue?

Thank you!

Or you can use tripod mode

https://www.dronegenuity.com/5-b ... ligent-flight-mode/

2019-12-30
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Hi Iannes,

Thank you. Yes, this is also a solution that I did not try. But I don´t really want to be limited with the speed.

What i would like to do is just to change the sensitivity to turn left / right to have better movements in the videos.

Thanks for the help!

2020-2-17
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2019-12-30 01:42
Or you can use tripod mode

https://www.dronegenuity.com/5-best-uses-for-dji-tripod-mode-intelligent-flight-mode/

or cinematic mode, i believe that also makes the sticks less responsive.
2020-2-18
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Timoune Posted at 2-17 00:03
Hi Iannes,

Thank you. Yes, this is also a solution that I did not try. But I don´t really want to be limited with the speed.

Rudder or Yaw,  I cant recall whats exactly is called in the expo settings for Mavic.
Google some you tube videos about setting the expo values.  Expo values dont slow down / speed up the movement they change how much is applied at what specific point your stick position is.   basically its a acceleration curve.  If you move the position to for example 20%, the expo curve could give you only 5% power.  Thats what your setting.  Full stick movement is still 100% power for that direction.  Learn it, before you adjust it so you know what it does before you fly.
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules