640 6 2019-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fastskis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105115 ft
Canada

Hi There,

Am four drone owner, good pilot fly in mountains a lot.  New Mini, ten flights, love it, the flight time and good flight characteristics are winners.  Today on mountainside, no wind, no intereference. Got GPS and homepoint. Launched and up stick to see above treeline. At eighty feet, "Sensor error" flashed on screen and at same moment I heard Mini accelerate and go into hillside. Next crash visual on screen.

Used find my drone and hiked for 30 minutes up steep forest mountain.  aquired close location and sounded beep alarm.  Found Mini in low tree branch.  if event had occured twenty feet higher it would not have hit tree and gone much furthuer.  No damage sustained although impact was battery door but still closes fine.  Tested when I reached the car, flew 10 feet up, did manuvers and tested gimbel. All good. The light weight is a benefit!

Will call DJI to see why a "Sensor Error" caused what could have been a total loss.  I have flown Mini up to 800feet with no problem in an area where interference may have occurred, but this is a total failure and loss of control situation I do not want to experience again.

Regards,

Cole
2019-12-29
Use props
MikeCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10681565 ft
Germany

Please post your flight logs, maybe we can help you to isolate the issue. https://app.airdata.com/main?a=upload
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What version of the firmware were you using ?
2019-12-29
Use props
fastskis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105115 ft
Canada

Found flight log for flight,  Mini had acquired GPS and set home point, reached 100 feet then sensor error and log shows erratic flight to crash.  Control log shows i only used up stick.
2019-12-29
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
United States

fastskis@gmail.com Posted at 12-29 21:25
Found flight log for flight,  Mini had acquired GPS and set home point, reached 100 feet then sensor error and log shows erratic flight to crash.  Control log shows i only used up stick.

Please post log for analysis.
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

fastskis@gmail.com Posted at 12-29 21:25
Found flight log for flight,  Mini had acquired GPS and set home point, reached 100 feet then sensor error and log shows erratic flight to crash.  Control log shows i only used up stick.

You have to post the link so experienced users can read it and give you some insight of the issue.
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cole. I am sorry to read and to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would highly recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue.  We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules