lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ram. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these informative video with us. Great news and thank you for your support.
2019-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad yours changed.  No change on my DJI Fly App.  Thankfully I live not too far from several places I can fly but would be nice to try a flight or two at my house.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_EmjNJskiiFBd
New

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-30 14:07
Glad yours changed.  No change on my DJI Fly App.  Thankfully I live not too far from several places I can fly but would be nice to try a flight or two at my house.

Nothing on mine yet in Arizona....annoying!!!
2019-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yeah maybe time to go and check, I don’t have my MM with me on vacation will check when I get back .
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UK here, a unlock zone pop comes on the app. I tap unlock and than I am greeted with unable to lift due to restrictions.
2019-12-30
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Same here in New Zealand :-( dji still has time to make it a new years eve present...
2019-12-30
Use props
fansa4991aaa
lvl.1
Mexico

Thanks for this information. Im on the same situation, new drone no fly, I really think this should be taked as a FRAUD they sold me something that I can Not use and my money it´s already gone!!!  I live on an island and everything its blue!!. Maybe we can do something legally. See ya.
2019-12-30
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32402 ft
Canada

Just tried it out of curiousity - still no go...
2019-12-30
Use props
Tony Faz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

It shows green for a moment or three-until it gets a good sat lock and updates everything and then refuses to unlock.  It should not be a server based reply because if you do not have internet access you should still be able to allow the unlock.  I think you have an anomoly
2019-12-30
Use props
xxPATRI0T
lvl.1
United States

Not to call the video bulls*** but...can you provide some screenshots/recordings? Just a thought.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

xxPATRI0T Posted at 12-30 18:12
Not to call the video bulls*** but...can you provide some screenshots/recordings? Just a thought.

You know what, you are absolutely right. The video is just someone saying they got an unlock. Nothing to show, and saying they got no kind of update. I believe I’ve read replies from mods saying the fix would come in the form of an update.
2019-12-30
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

It seems likely that this was just a change in the database that lifted the restriction in just that one small area.  As he states, this was not a firmware or software update.

I doubt they'll be changing many of the map zones.  He just got lucky in that one area.

The thing everyone is waiting for is a firmware/app update.
2019-12-30
Use props
xxPATRI0T
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-30 18:22
You know what, you are absolutely right. The video is just someone saying they got an unlock. Nothing to show, and saying they got no kind of update. I believe I’ve read replies from mods saying the fix would come in the form of an update.

That's pretty much what I've heard from one of their chat techs, but "late December" could still mean tomorrow. I'm just being impatient, lol.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

xxPATRI0T Posted at 12-30 18:33
That's pretty much what I've heard from one of their chat techs, but "late December" could still mean tomorrow. I'm just being impatient, lol.

Aren’t we all?? But what did DJI expect for dragging it out like this??
2019-12-30
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

JodyB Posted at 12-30 18:46

Calm your tits and "go fly out of blue zones".
Those "" are your own words.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

zemetras Posted at 12-30 18:51
Calm your tits and "go fly out of blue zones".
Those "" are your own words.
Calm your own little monkey boy and leave your mommas alone for a little while.
2019-12-30
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

You won`t realize how retarded you sound ( and are)  anyway
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

zemetras Posted at 12-30 19:28
You won`t realize how retarded you sound ( and are)  anyway

Go look in the mirror if you want to see a retard. Look it up in the dictionary,
Let me tell you how to spell it. Zemetras
2019-12-30
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

And they say old farts should have more wisdom.
But damage here is irrefutably done . Sad story.
BTW no matter how hard your egocentric huge american ego tries to mortify, you just failed over and over.  Kisses tardo
2019-12-30
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

xxPATRI0T Posted at 12-30 18:12

And a picture is going to prove that it changed?   That would only work if I had a before picture to include.  Which I do not.  I guess the suspense if I am lying or not will rot you from the inside out.
2019-12-30
Use props
Tony Faz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

Sigmo Posted at 12-30 18:26
It seems likely that this was just a change in the database that lifted the restriction in just that one small area.  As he states, this was not a firmware or software update.

I doubt they'll be changing many of the map zones.  He just got lucky in that one area.

True, it is possible that a map update turned a geozone into a non geozone and hence no restriction... i didnt think of that.
2019-12-30
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-30 18:22

I don't really care who believes me.   Took a video of the flight, but proves nothing, as I said I don't have an image from when it was blue.  So it doesn't matter.
All I care about is that I can fly at home,   If you don't believe me, won't impact my life.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 12-30 20:25
I don't really care who believes me.   Took a video of the flight, but proves nothing, as I said I don't have an image from when it was blue.  So it doesn't matter.
All I care about is that I can fly at home,   If you don't believe me, won't impact my life.

Nothing personal man, we’ve just been told so much we don’t know what to believe.It has has been told by mods and admins that a firmware and software update is on the way so forgive the skepticism please. I would like for this to all be true and everyone get unlocked.

I don’t doubt your flight, and would love to see it but for different t reasons. I just like seeing flights.
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

zemetras Posted at 12-30 19:37
BTW no matter how hard your egocentric huge american ego tries to mortify, you just failed over and over.  Kisses tardo

What are you gay now and want to kiss me?? I don’t think my wife would approve. And I bet my oldness can out run your fatness any day if the week.
2019-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is nonsense the Drone does not talk to any servers as it does not have an internet connection itself unless your phone/tablet/screen is on and is connected. To allow a flight where it otherwise did not it has to update the information it has inside it. If no update came down the only reason it flew where it otherwise did not is because it did not get  GPS lock and therefore it did not know where it was.

It amazes me how little people understand about how these things or indeed their phone works.

2019-12-30
Use props
xxPATRI0T
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-30 18:46

IMO they shouldn't have released the drone without the ability to authorize flight in a NFZ, if the Spark could do it, why can't the MM? I honestly don't see any reason as to why the MM even needs the Fly app, Go 4 is used by just about everything else. Nonsense.
2019-12-30
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

zemetras Posted at 12-30 19:37

Duuude Why I'm seeing you always inside a polemic? Just chill man, neither cursing to DJI or the users won't help to solve this s*** anyway...
2019-12-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 23:03
This is nonsense the Drone does not talk to any servers as it does not have an internet connection itself unless your phone/tablet/screen is on and is connected. To allow a flight where it otherwise did not it has to update the information it has inside it. If no update came down the only reason it flew where it otherwise did not is because it did not get  GPS lock and therefore it did not know where it was.

It amazes me how little people understand about how these things or indeed their phone works.

The Internet according to a few...

2019-12-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

xxPATRI0T Posted at 12-30 23:11
IMO they shouldn't have released the drone without the ability to authorize flight in a NFZ, if the Spark could do it, why can't the MM? I honestly don't see any reason as to why the MM even needs the Fly app, Go 4 is used by just about everything else. Nonsense.

why the MM even needs the Fly app, Go 4 is used by just about everything else

Cause GO-4 had become bloatware?  Had to start fresh, and what better way than low entry MM.  

2019-12-30
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

JodyB Posted at 12-30 20:43
What are you gay now and want to kiss me?? I don’t think my wife would approve. And I bet my oldness can out run your fatness any day if the week.

Just bring your old profile pic back, then we can talk about fatness retardo
Poor wife of yours and her sad destiny to live with such an idiot :/

At least we finally have long time promised update or not ? Pffffffff  
2019-12-31
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

yamyamu Posted at 12-30 23:22
Duuude  Why I'm seeing you always inside a polemic? Just chill man, neither cursing to DJI or the users won't help to solve this s*** anyway...

I am pretty much chilled, just wasting  my time to reply to this american nobrainer .
And I think its not cursing to say MM is s**tty product released too soon and unfinished + DJI`s tragic support and communication s**tty as well, is it ?

offtopic : been recently flying through new Istanbul airport, it`s very shiny and very pretty .
Greetings to you & Turkey
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

zemetras Posted at 12-31 02:01
Just bring your old profile pic back, then we can talk about fatness retardo
Poor wife of yours and her sad destiny to live with such an idiot :/

There is no need for swearing and insults, it's easy to say things and hide behind a screen.
Guys chill out please, 1.0.4 is out and it unlocks geo zones.
Zemetras you should be happy and go out to record some nice scenery your country has.
2019-12-31
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-31 02:32
There is no need for swearing and insults, it's easy to say things and hide behind a screen.
Guys chill out please, 1.0.4 is out and it unlocks geo zones.
Zemetras you should be happy and go out to record some nice scenery your country has.

Unfortunately still no update here available, both Droid and iOS, I am looking forward to shoot things I want, maybe in long future I will be able to with MM.

Greetings to Spain, been there twice, lovely country, great people, loved it !
2019-12-31
Use props
easyfly
lvl.1

Morocco

New firmare 1.00.04 Working for me on IOS...GREAT
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

zemetras Posted at 12-31 02:35
Unfortunately still no update here available, both Droid and iOS, I am looking forward to shoot things I want, maybe in long future I will be able to with MM.

Greetings to Spain, been there twice, lovely country, great people, loved it !

Glad to read you liked Spain
Well I can confirm you 1.0.4 is out and as far as I can tell, the only thing added is the "lift restrictions" that affects you and that's it.

Well they added something that stops users from taking off without GPS which I think is great for newbies. It can be disabled though.

For me not so exciting since camera wise, they haven't changed anything.
Hope you can enjoy your mini soon.
2019-12-31
Use props
savalli1.hotmail
lvl.2
Italy

Non sono molto contento di questo aggiornamento
2019-12-31
Use props
yamyamu
lvl.2
Turkey

zemetras Posted at 12-31 02:05
I am pretty much chilled, just wasting  my time to reply to this american nobrainer .
And I think its not cursing to say MM is s**tty product released too soon and unfinished + DJI`s tragic support and communication s**tty as well, is it ?

Yeah dude you're right in the most cases and I definitely agree with you.  However, you better just ignore some of the fanbois. As you said, it'll be just a waste of time, and looks like they have bunch of it while sitting on their obese a$$es lol... Again, just ignore.

By the way I wouldn't be brave enough to land that airport. They barely calculated all the variables  (like structure mechanics, bird migration roads, very high vind speed) because of the bribe, money laundry and other dirty things. Greetings to Slovakia too!
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey boy get his banana out of it's box and play with it yet? Selfish youngster that thinks he knows every little thing was wrong. Now Who's crying??? Go back to your mommas tit now.
2019-12-31
Use props
zemetras
lvl.3
Slovakia

yamyamu Posted at 12-31 05:48
Yeah dude you're right in the most cases and I definitely agree with you.  However, you better just ignore some of the fanbois. As you said, it'll be just a waste of time, and looks like they have bunch of it while sitting on their obese a$$es lol... Again, just ignore.

By the way I wouldn't be brave enough to land that airport. They barely calculated all the variables  (like structure mechanics, bird migration roads, very high vind speed) because of the bribe, money laundry and other dirty things. Greetings to Slovakia too!

Obviously his hurt fat old retarded american wallmart ego has nothing better to do, you know, these old geriatric annoying sad grandpas...
Now retards celebrating fix of something ( after like 2 months) that should never happen in first place like it is some kind of jackpot, just confirming mental diagnose.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in new year, hours of safe flights and a lot of quality material taken.
PF 2020
2019-12-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules