(un)OFFICIAL Fly App/Firmware Wish List
1206 14 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I see that many people are still waiting for various features and fixes to the Fly App and the firmwares for the Mini and its controller.

Presumably the mods here pass some of these requests along to the development team at DJI, so perhaps it would be helpful to have one thread where we all ask for the modifications and feature additions that we'd like to see in the next release.

I'll start:

1.  Contrasting background for the battery level and other flight details so we can actually read this vital data while flying.  The current layout, where they use white letters on whatever the video happens to be displaying is really difficult to read.  Just put a black rectangle behind each of these sets of white letters, please.

2.  Ability to set white balance and manually set shutter speed and ISO for video recording mode.

3.  A more positively identifyable indication of when you're actually recording video versus not recording.  I have a hard time seeing my phone's display, even on full brightness, when flying in daylight.  I totally missed capturing video for one of the very few flights I've been able to do (due to high winds here most of the time), and it was quite disappointing to find out that I was recording video only for a small part of the flight.  Actually, only as I was landing.  A larger, perhaps blinking "recording" indication would have saved me.  And I have a phone with one of the brightest displays around.  1000 nits - Samsung Note 8.  How do you folks actually SEE these phones when outdoors?  I had it in a cardboard box so it was shaded, and STILL.  Arrrgh!

4.  "Punch in" for video and stills.  When I'm shooting video, but stop and want to shoot a still, it's cumbersome to have to switch out of video and then take the stills, and then switch back to video to resume.  Maybe a menu item to allow "instant stills mode".  In that mode, when I'm shooting video and want to shoot a still, let me just press the still shot button and have the drone stop shooting video, shoot the still, and then resume shooting video on its own.  Sure, there will be an interruption in the video.  But at least I won't fly the rest of the "mission" with the video off, when I think it's on!  (Maybe that's just me).  I really need some practice, obviously!  But the "instant stills mode" might be nice for a lot of people.  That's how some of my digital cameras that have video work.  They let you shoot a still in the middle of shooting a video.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure we all have our pet "wants".

2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

And waypoints and active track with caution unlock and precision landing and follow mode from top and back
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You covered my biggest "wants":
1- Contrasting background for the battery level and other flight details (current white letters of background is way to hard to read)
2 - WB setting
2019-12-31
Use props
Euande
lvl.2
Australia

SDK support. This will allow us to use 3rd party apps that already offer extra functionality eg litchi.
2019-12-31
Use props
jr_pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3706319 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

More Intelligent Flights, like Ateroid, POI, etc. Please the most important too Panorama 360 and Flight Track Modes
2019-12-31
Use props
IndyRick
lvl.2

United States

Options besides RTH on loss of signal (e.g. hover, land).  If I'm shooting interior real estate, I don't want my Mini to head to the ceiling if something happens.
2019-12-31
Use props
[ p a k a l ]
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57608 ft
Luxembourg

And RAW photography !!!!!!!
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

I agree improving contrast on in flight data should be a high priority. Simply adding a semi-transparent gray area behind the text / icons would help a great deal with readability without obscuring camera view much. Also agree that it would be great to have more manual control of video recording.

In addition to some of the suggestions others made above, I would like:

1 - Option to include the telemetry seen on the display during flight, in the cached video. (Basically option to make cached video behave as a screen recorder.)

2 - Option to switch unit of measure in the "flight data center" as the flight logs currently can only be displayed in metric within the Fly app.

3 - Option to cycle between flight modes (C, P, S) with a short press of the RC power button. This one might be a long shot as it's understandable if DJI would prefer to keep user's fingers away from the RC power button during flight. But considering the physical RTH button on the RC has two different functions depending whether you short press (pause flight / hover) or press and hold (initiate RTH), perhaps an option could be added to allow a short press of the RC power button during flight to cycle between flight modes (Cine smooth, Position, Sport).

2020-1-1
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

For me
1 Tracking/follow me mode
2. Recording audio on controller display device ( same as on Spark)
3. Dynamic home point updating (same as Spark)
4. Automatic video recording and stop recording option.
2020-1-1
Use props
fans57ef0d9c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6886 ft
United States

@sigmo Thank you! you basically covered all the goodies any person buying a DJI UAV would be expecting. Another option would be to enable the Mavic Mini to be used in the DJI go 4 app with all the pro options available and leave the DJI fly app for new or casual users
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with your suggestion and  your informative insights. Your comments and suggestions are very important to us. I will forward this recommendation/thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you for your valued support,
2020-1-1
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

On main display on the app a button to change the gimbal to fpv. It e would be really cool flying in cinematic follow mode and quickly change to fpv
2020-1-1
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Germany

Panorama. Seriously. The only way to get more out of it's measly 12MP camera.

The Spark had it!
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_7MKTOgqwTTU5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466788 ft
Netherlands

Maybe an option to see how long i can still record/how many GB is left on the SD card, for in the main screen, so i don't have to look in the settings all the time?
2020-1-1
Use props
ScoobyLovesJazz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

#1 is my biggest complaint. I am forever dropping my gimbal down so I can have a dark enough background to check my battery.

2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules