3327 55 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48035 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi All ,
for me , Mavic Mini was a dream rather than a drone ..i had been learning and watching and understanding how to pilot it and use it for years since early mavic pro ..
Finally purchased the MM , had it for almost 2 weeks .. been flying it for few times all was great ..today i had my last and final flight ..

..i had been flying with update home point for 15 mins , coming and going no problem , with RTH , received multiple times ( SENSOR ERROR ) , i did a RTH ..the drone went straight to me ..and passed over me on the right altitude and crashed in the nearest building ... im very disappointed and sad at the moment , it fell from around 30m on the tough floor ...broke completely and did not yet assess the damage .. its a sudden fly away after reaching on top of me , This was my 1st flight after updating to latest Firmware .

https://app.airdata.com/share/dUEdma

2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Airdata are not best logs to get correct information from, can you upload logs to link below and come back and provide link thank you .

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 10:03
Airdata are not best logs to get correct information from, can you upload logs to link below and come back and provide link thank you .

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XWEZTQMLS87PSF6CD5V3
2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-1 10:05
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/XWEZTQMLS87PSF6CD5V3

At 169.6 you began lowering craft as it was heading on Rth , was there a reason for that also yawing the craft.
At 174 you had lowered craft to new height of 20m , you were also flying craft backwards probably due to yawing while lowering craft, your log then shows at the end of flight before crash you where now in gps mode and this is where your log ends.

Where you purpose lowering craft for whatever reason?
Did you cancel Rth and go to gps mode before crash ?
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 10:24
At 169.6 you began lowering craft as it was heading on Rth , was there a reason for that also yawing the craft.
At 174 you had lowered craft to new height of 20m , you were also flying craft backwards probably due to yawing while lowering craft, your log then shows at the end of flight before crash you where now in gps mode and this is where your log ends.

no i have not touched the remote ..i didnt do anything it was all automated RTH ..
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 10:24
At 169.6 you began lowering craft as it was heading on Rth , was there a reason for that also yawing the craft.

checking the logs ...this was while the drone is faling ... after it crashed into the building
2020-1-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

It seems the drone "thought" the homepoint is within the building. During the whole flight you had very bad gps reception. So the homepoint is recorded at start, drone comes back, but because of bad gps the real position of the drone is not the same as the drone think at that moment...lets say the drone wants to fly 30 meters further, but there was unfortunately the building. Couldn't you cancel RTH when the drone was 30 meters away ?
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

i thought it will stop it all happened within 2-3 seconds
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

jonny007 Posted at 1-1 10:34
It seems the drone "thought" the homepoint is within the building. During the whole flight you had very bad gps reception. So the homepoint is recorded at start, drone comes back, but because of bad gps the real position of the drone is not the same as the drone think at that moment...lets say the drone wants to fly 30 meters further, but there was unfortunately the building. Couldn't you cancel RTH when the drone was 30 meters away ?

i thought it will stop it and RTH .. all happened within 2-3 seconds
2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-1 10:27
no i have not touched the remote ..i didnt do anything it was all automated RTH ..

I think what I’m seeing is a craft being lowered at a steady rate, the log shows you holding down left stick 100% from 169 also at the same time yawing craft probably not meant, then in the last few seconds, it shows operator (you) pulling down on right stick 100% at this time there is no indication of crash .
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 10:40
I think what I’m seeing is a craft being lowered at a steady rate, the log shows you holding down left stick 100% from 169 also at the same time yawing craft probably not meant, then in the last few seconds, it shows operator (you) pulling down on right stick 100% at this time there is no indication of crash .

This was maybe a reaction for the flyaway ..trying to get it back before it crash
2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-1 11:11
This was maybe a reaction for the flyaway ..trying to get it back before it crash

It could well be, it’s just craft was switched to gps mode before crash not sure if weak gps is what made craft hard to control .
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 11:16
It could well be, it’s just craft was switched to gps mode before crash not sure if weak gps is what made craft hard to control .

i dunt understand really why and how that happened , very disappointed at this moment sitting with a broken Mavic Mini ... , Any idea where to buy Original Arm from ?
2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-1 11:26
i dunt understand really why and how that happened , very disappointed at this moment sitting with a broken Mavic Mini ... , Any idea where to buy Original Arm from ?

It’s new I would return to dji .
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 11:30
It’s new I would return to dji .

yes i opened a case with DJI , they dunt have any store in UAE
2020-1-1
Use props
fracz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1018061 ft
Poland

What does the SENSOR ERROR really mean? What sensor? I have also seen this today for a few times after upgrade.
2020-1-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Ebay search with keywords "mavic mini arm" shows a lot of results ... about 20 dollar. I have already considered to order an arm as a precaution. But I don't know which one ;-) and all 4 are too expensive, so I let it be.
2020-1-1
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

This is yet another case of RTH contributing to a flyaway or crash.    Seems like anytime there is some kind of issue, either pilot error or drone failure, RTH doesn’t handle it well.    I never RTH, i always fly home.   The only time I’ve used RTH is when I’ve lost signal and it initiates automatically.
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

i thought RTH is a reliable option by DJi ...very disappointed  
2020-1-1
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

FleaBay? Seen bunch of parts listed there.
2020-1-1
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Cookster670 Posted at 1-1 11:55
This is yet another case of RTH contributing to a flyaway or crash.    Seems like anytime there is some kind of issue, either pilot error or drone failure, RTH doesn’t handle it well.    I never RTH, i always fly home.   The only time I’ve used RTH is when I’ve lost signal and it initiates automatically.

I've only practiced RTH a few times to see if and how it works. The landing was almost exact, only a few centimeters from the takeoff. Once I had an RTH because the signal was lost, but when the video came back, I immediately canceled RTH to have manual control.
2020-1-1
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41004 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 11:16

It might also be a wind issue, in combination with the GPS signal..
GPS is not always reliable near high buildings, that might have been the problem in your case.
There was a reception of more then 10 sats and even the GPS-errors.

Also, the wind around high buildings is very different from the air data - specailly at higher altitudes.....
Near the first building it approached, there could also be a lot of upwind.

It does not like a "fly away" to me, .
2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Frank V Posted at 1-1 12:32
It might also be a wind issue, in combination with the GPS signal..
GPS is not always reliable near high buildings, that might have been the problem in your case.
There was a reception of more then 10 sats and even the GPS-errors.

Well looking at the log the last entry craft was in gps mode when log ends so yes it could be I can’t see any conclusion on the log so it’s a bit of speculation, his log from the drone should carry all necessary information.
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 1-1 12:36
Well looking at the log the last entry craft was in gps mode when log ends so yes it could be I can’t see any conclusion on the log so it’s a bit of speculation, his log from the drone should carry all necessary information.

how should collesion be in logs ? ..i dunt understand
the logs i shared is for the last flight i had made before the drone his the building
2020-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-1 12:44
the logs i shared is for the last flight i had made before the drone his the building

The logs in your device will always be a few seconds behind obviously depending on how quick the downloading is .
2020-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-1 12:44

RTH was initiated at 2:32.4 when the drone was 30 metres up in the air.

From 2:49.6 you started working the joysticks and fighting against the RTH with full stick throttle and elevator movement as well as some aileron and rudder input.

At 2:51.8 the drone's flight controller recognised that GPS was not reliable because of reduced satellite numbers and geometry, due to flying close to a large building that blocked a large part of your skyview.

The crash occurred at 2:52.8.

The crash occurred because you lost GPS flying where too much of your skyview was blocked.
And because your drone was in RTH autolanding and rather than cancelling the autolanding, you fought against it.

If you had cancelled the autolanding, it would have been possible to manually control the drone but not when you are fighting with the autolanding control.
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident.  Since the was incident that happened to the said drone has crashed. I would recommend for you contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.
2020-1-1
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Labroides Posted at 1-1 14:13
RTH was initiated at 2:32.4 when the drone was 30 metres up in the air.

From 2:49.6 you started working the joysticks and fighting against the RTH with full stick throttle and elevator movement as well as some aileron and rudder input.

Yes and it didnt even respond to me ... while trying to hold it from crashing .
2020-1-2
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 14:57
Hi. I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident.  Since the was incident that happened to the said drone has crashed. I would recommend for you contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.

Thanks , i have done that
2020-1-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Sorry for the loss, hopefully a repair can be done relatively quickly.
2020-1-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Wookie,

Sorry for your crash.

Had a look too into your flight data  and after reading some comments thought i had to reply as well.

After selecting RTHat 2m32 your MM did an alignent, ascend (not really as its was flying almost at RTH height) and started to fly back home at 2m39. Distance out 102 meters.
Straight line to home with average speed of 8 m/s.

At  2m50 at 40 meters away ; 43% to 100% stck down, shorly after yaw left and 100% stick aft.
GPS satelites count from 10 to 8, but reception 4 bar ; so imo no problem with GPS data.

At 2m52.8 crash into the building, see the pich and roll data in the chart.
At the same time a Gps error, imo beacuse so close to the building no good data to receive.
But not the reason for the crash IMO.
All the time in a RTH mode, not in an autolanding or something else.

It looks that you were surprised it was so close to the building that you tried to avoid and steer away and reverse the forward speed.

If only you had press the RC RTH/pause button (same on a mini RC) to stop the forward flight....

Don`t give up flying, its too great fun to stop doing it.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-1-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000411228555.html?&srcSns=sns_Copy&tid=white_backgroup_101&mb=Y2QGeQz88q7GB7e&businessType=ProductDetail&spreadType=socialShare&tt=sns_Copy&rdtUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2F4000411228555.html%3F%26srcSns%3Dsns_Copy%26tid%3Dwhite_backgroup_101%26mb%3DY2QGeQz88q7GB7e%26businessType%3DProductDetail%26spreadType%3DsocialShare&aff_platform=default&cpt=1577565851060&sk=omR9ASvS&aff_trace_key=febd0b4a15224f3f8d849ec8d28955e5-1577565851060-08696-omR9ASvS&businessType=ProductDetail&platform=AE&terminal_id=1b8a51d88ae34a46817dfabbb5a371c2
2020-1-2
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

JJB* Posted at 1-2 04:42
Hi Wookie,

Sorry for your crash.

Exactly , Thanks @JJB , the Logs show that the drone had fair amout of GPS Signal , it was going to home while it didnt stop when it reached me but rather hit the building ..i tried to stop it manually in the last 3 seconds before the crash , you are right ..if i had cancelled the RTH it would have saved the day but this was all quick and since it actually returned to me multiple times before ..i thought this is working and didnt expect this to happen at all .... for now im sitting with a Broken Drone ...not sure if i will fly again and waiting for DJI feedback .
2020-1-2
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight started with Batt at 56%......the last 4 seconds the left stick was full down...and the right stick was full reverse.....and your battery was below 3.59vdc per cell......essentially a dead battery.

I would suspect some systems onboard were not operating properly due to low voltage.

Randy
2020-1-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

rwynant V1 Posted at 1-2 11:20
Flight started with Batt at 56%......the last 4 seconds the left stick was full down...and the right stick was full reverse.....and your battery was below 3.59vdc per cell......essentially a dead battery.

I would suspect some systems onboard were not operating properly due to low voltage.

Batt cell values are lower than 3s systems, many flights checked (included my own MM flights) ; normal values are 6.9 to 7.1 total volts at 45% batt.

My flights down to 10% batt gives even lower total voltages, no batt error what so ever.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-2 10:21
Exactly , Thanks @JJB , the Logs show that the drone had fair amout of GPS Signal , it was going to home while it didnt stop when it reached me but rather hit the building ..i tried to stop it manually in the last 3 seconds before the crash , you are right ..if i had cancelled the RTH it would have saved the day but this was all quick and since it actually returned to me multiple times before ..i thought this is working and didnt expect this to happen at all .... for now im sitting with a Broken Drone ...not sure if i will fly again and waiting for DJI feedback .

Exactly , Thanks @JJB , the Logs show that the drone had fair amout of  GPS Signal
If you could read the flight data, you'd see that at 2:51.8 (Alt 93 ft), your GPS Health dropped to 1 and later to zero.
From 2:51.8 the flight controller had no confidence in the information from the GPS.

you are right ..if i had cancelled the RTH  it would have saved the day but this was all quick and since it actually  returned to me multiple times before

Probably not .. the drone did not have the benefit of good GPS information and proper position holding.

2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 1-3 03:06
Exactly , Thanks @JJB , the Logs show that the drone had fair amout of  GPS Signal
If you could read the flight data, you'd see that at 2:51.8 (Alt 93 ft), your GPS Health dropped to 1 and later to zero.
From 2:51.8 the flight controller had no confidence in the information from the GPS.

Nah,  dropping gps values after hitting the building.

White dotted line - impact line.
Red line = pitch, Green = roll | lower chart upper line sat count, lower line reception

Zero health when falling along the building, heigt at zero health = 14.6, impact height 26 meters.
well, just my 2-cents.
cheers
JJB

Afbeelding 1.png
Afbeelding 2.png
2020-1-3
Use props
#WoOkieE#
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

I hope DJI would have a deeper looks into this , its very confusing wht happened , i can also attach a video to show what happened ..the reverse was to avoid hitting the building as obviously the RTH was malfunctioning ! .
2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

#WoOkieE# Posted at 1-3 05:21
I hope DJI would have a deeper looks into this , its very confusing wht happened , i can also attach a video to show what happened ..the reverse was to avoid hitting the building as obviously the RTH was malfunctioning ! .

Not sure if the RTH was malfunctioning.....craft flew straight line back to homepoint  but a large building in the flight path.

Before you tried to avoid the building it was 41 meters away from homepoint, in the flown direction.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 1-3 03:14

White dotted line - impact line.

Zero health when falling along the building, heigt at zero health = 14.6, impact height 26 meters.
well, just my 2-cents.
At 2 cents, you are overcharging.
The flight data is quite clear and it looks like you can't read it.
GPS Health dropped to 1 at 2:51.8 at a height of 93 feet (28.4m)
The crash occurred at 2:52.8 at a height of 85.3 feet (26m)
GPS Health went to zero at 2:53.8, height 67.9 feet (20.7m)

FYI GPS Health of 1 is no better than zero.

2020-1-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules