Battery Update message: May I update or not?
996 18 2020-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FernandoSedrez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23993 ft
Brazil

Hi community ...

I've seen a lot of people complaining about battery issues after updating, turning it into a paperweight so I'm thinking here if it's safe to update or not ...

Tell me your experience about it..
2020-1-1
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

I updated earlier today, all is good. I have three batteries so flew about an hour today.
2020-1-1
Use props
SUNNY 2461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275197 ft
Bangladesh

Massage shown to my phone after I finish my flight yesterday. But that time only 16% juice was remaining and was unable to update. Have three Battery, will update one today, let see how it performs...
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

I updated to firmware 1.0.4 on the RC, AC, and 3 batteries (and updated fly app). They are all perfectly fine after the update in my experience.

Have you updated the firmware on the mavic mini itself? If yes, then the battery which was in the mini during the firmware update has already been updated as well. If that one is working properly for you, I'd imagine there should be no difference applying the update to any additional batteries.

Good luck and happy flying!
2020-1-1
Use props
fracz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1018061 ft
Poland

Also updated all of my three batteries - flying as before :-)
2020-1-1
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Do you get a prompt in the app to update battery?
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I updated my phone, RC, and Mini all from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 tonight.  None of my three batteries requested to be updated.  I turned the drone as well as the phone and the RC all off at least once, flew with all three batteries, and never saw any indication that the batteries needed to be, or should be updated in any way.

Hmmm.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-2 01:27
I updated my phone, RC, and Mini all from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 tonight.  None of my three batteries requested to be updated.  I turned the drone as well as the phone and the RC all off at least once, flew with all three batteries, and never saw any indication that the batteries needed to be, or should be updated in any way.

Hmmm.

If the Fly app setting "Auto Enter Camera View" is turned on, it is very easy to miss the small text prompting you to update the current battery.

The prompt will appear in the top left corner of the Fly app home screen after the mini connects, so when it cuts straight to the camera view there might not even be a chance to notice it. I had to back out of the camera view to find it on mine. When you updated, whichever battery was in the mini should have updated as well. The prompt should only appear for your other batteries.
2020-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fernando, I updated all 5 of my batteries and haven't had one issue.  Yeah, I know 5, I love to fly.  LOL
2020-1-2
Use props
FernandoSedrez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23993 ft
Brazil

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-2 00:48
Do you get a prompt in the app to update battery?

Yes, I've updated the drone from DJI 2 Assistant for Mavic but I still have more 2 batteries
2020-1-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FernandoSedrez Posted at 1-2 04:09
Yes, I've updated the drone from DJI 2 Assistant for Mavic but I still have more 2 batteries

When you put the other batteries in the AC and close and restart the DJI Fly app, you will see a battery firmware upgrade request on the DJI Fly intro page. You will need to shut down and re-open DJI Fly each time
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have pointed out, in the fly app, the battery update only shows up on the intro page where the "Go Fly" button is. It shows up on in the upper left had screen around where it would list your geographical location. It updates the battery thats in the mini when you upgrade the mini. Other batteries that you may have will need to be updated individually. Just make sure to close the Fly app after each battery upgrade. You can also do this in Assistance 2 from a computer but its the same process. Once an upgrade is complete, disconnect and power off the mini, change batteries. Close Assistant2 and start all over for the next battery.

That being said, I also have updated all of my batteries without incident.

2020-1-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

JodyB Posted at 1-2 06:04
As others have pointed out, in the fly app, the battery update only shows up on the intro page where the "Go Fly" button is. It shows up on in the upper left had screen around where it would list your geographical location. It updates the battery thats in the mini when you upgrade the mini. Other batteries that you may have will need to be updated individually. Just make sure to close the Fly app after each battery upgrade. You can also do this in Assistance 2 from a computer but its the same process. Once an upgrade is complete, disconnect and power off the mini, change batteries. Close Assistant2 and start all over for the next battery.

That being said, I also have updated all of my batteries without incident.

...wow...ur avatar is so cool!  
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

captqbec Posted at 1-2 06:47
...wow...ur avatar is so cool!

Thanks so much!!
2020-1-2
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

No problem after 2 batteries out of 3 were updated.
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK Posted at 1-2 02:19
If the Fly app setting "Auto Enter Camera View" is turned on, it is very easy to miss the small text prompting you to update the current battery.

The prompt will appear in the top left corner of the Fly app home screen after the mini connects, so when it cuts straight to the camera view there might not even be a chance to notice it. I had to back out of the camera view to find it on mine. When you updated, whichever battery was in the mini should have updated as well. The prompt should only appear for your other batteries.

I'm not finding any setting in the Fly app to set "Auto Enter Camera View".  It's probably turned on, though, because as soon as the drone connects, I get the camera view.

Also, in the app itself, it shows that I'm running version 1.0.3, even though I installed 1.0.4.

Is there a way to access the batteries via the DJI Assistant 2 program, or something like that?

EDIT

OK, I put a different battery into the drone, powered it on, and then restarted the Fly app.  It went immediately into the view showing the video from the drone.  I can't figure out how to make that not happen.  BUT, pressing the "go back" icon in the upper left corner of the display, it goes back to the start up screen of the app, and sure enough, near the upper left I do get a "New battery requests firmware update" message with an "update" button.

2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. It is recommended to update your firmware for the battery to improve its performance. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-2 14:35
I'm not finding any setting in the Fly app to set "Auto Enter Camera View".  It's probably turned on, though, because as soon as the drone connects, I get the camera view.

Also, in the app itself, it shows that I'm running version 1.0.3, even though I installed 1.0.4.

To find the "Auto Enter Camera View" setting, exit the camera view to the main app screen where you found the battery update message. Near bottom of the screen tap "Profile", then settings. Couple other useful items in there too. I was surprised the battery update request didn't pop up in the camera view, seems like it would be an important part of a preflight check.  
2020-1-2
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK Posted at 1-2 21:50
To find the "Auto Enter Camera View" setting, exit the camera view to the main app screen where you found the battery update message. Near bottom of the screen tap "Profile", then settings. Couple other useful items in there too. I was surprised the battery update request didn't pop up in the camera view, seems like it would be an important part of a preflight check.

Well, sure enough!  There it is.  Thanks.

There is some other interesting stuff in there, too!

Thanks again!
2020-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules