Phone shutdown during flight
4325 7 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
themich0r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62526 ft
Germany

Hi, I was flying with my Mini yesterday when suddenly my phone shut down. I could land my Mini safely with the RC because it was in line of sight. What happens if I reboot the device and connect to the drone while it's still flying? Whats recommended in that case?
2020-1-3
Use props
Freerange
lvl.2

Australia

You should be able to use the RTH button on the RC. Correct me if this is incorrect.
2020-1-3
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Just because your mobile shuts down doesn't mean that your RC has lost signal. You can still press RTH.
I used to have that problem until I got the "screen off" app. Now it doesn't occur anymore. What's your screen out time setting on your "handy"? By the way, in England nobody knows what a Handy is, I believe only German speaking tribes use that term
2020-1-3
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Even if your controller powers down (and never connects again, due to bad hardware or dead battery) the RTH is initiated and executed.
2020-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you know that the craft is safe flying, stop RC input (craft will hover in place), restart mobile device, start app and continue the flight.

Or, if you know that the direct line craft > homepoint is free of obstacles > choice RTH by press btn on RC.

Or, if craft is visible just fly it back without the mobile device.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-3
Use props
themich0r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62526 ft
Germany

JJB* Posted at 1-3 01:49
If you know that the craft is safe flying, stop RC input (craft will hover in place), restart mobile device, start app and continue the flight.

Or, if you know that the direct line craft > homepoint is free of obstacles > choice RTH by press btn on RC.

Next time I try to restart the my phone and reconnect to the drone. I'm not a big fan of RTH button. But good to know my options. Thank you
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JJB* Posted at 1-3 01:49

Or, if you know that the direct line craft > homepoint is free of obstacles > choice RTH by press btn on RC.

Very informative thanks.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. Regarding this query. When the phone shuts down during flight as long as the remote controller stays connected, when you reboot the phone or restart the application it will try to reconnect to the drone. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules