Lost Drone - Possible To Buy Just Drone Itself?
1421 16 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534682 ft
United States

Flew my drone into the sea. My fault.

I had the Fly More package so still have all the parts besides the drone itself.

Is it possible to buy just the drone from DJI as a spare or would I have to retail purchase the whole base package again?
2020-1-3
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't see why you couldn't just purchase the MM without all the extras.
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mini is available in two packages, the fmc which is what you got and the base package. The base package is just the mini, one batter, rc and a charging cable. $399 USD.
I've heard of a few opening tickets with DJI and being offered a small discount for their trouble as well.

2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
Indonesia

JodyB Posted at 1-3 19:26
The mini is available in two packages, the fmc which is what you got and the base package. The base package is just the mini, one batter, rc and a charging cable. $399 USD.
I've heard of a few opening tickets with DJI and being offered a small discount for their trouble as well.

Thanks yes I know of the two packages. I was just wondering if DJI sells the drone itself only (without the battery, controller, etc) as a spare part?

I get a 10% discount at the Apple store so I may just order the base package there but would rather just get the drone itself for less without any of the other items if I could.
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9 Posted at 1-3 19:46
Thanks yes I know of the two packages. I was just wondering if DJI sells the drone itself only (without the battery, controller, etc) as a spare part?

I get a 10% discount at the Apple store so I may just order the base package there but would rather just get the drone itself for less without any of the other items if I could.

I knew what you were after, but I haven’t see. Just a barebones mini available even on eBay at this point. I think if I’m not mistaken that discount that those others were offered was 15%. Don’t know if that would get it back in the ball park or not but thought it might help some at least.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
Indonesia

JodyB Posted at 1-3 19:50
I knew what you were after, but I haven’t see. Just a barebones mini available even on eBay at this point. I think if I’m not mistaken that discount that those others were offered was 15%. Don’t know if that would get it back in the ball park or not but thought it might help some at least.

Thanks. I’ll check out eBay too.
2020-1-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I don't think DJI have ever sold  just the AC by itself, except for the Tello
2020-1-3
Use props
Pe_Gas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258054 ft
Poland

They offer Mavic Mini with a battery, 4 propellers / without remote control and charger, incl. 19% VAT €388, -) with a 15% discount which is approx. € 330.

In my opinion it is better to buy new MM and sell remote controler than use their offer.
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-3 20:53
I don't think DJI have ever sold  just the AC by itself, except for the Tello

Even the tello cane with a battery where it’s rc was expected to be a phone or tablet. I can’t remember if mine came with a charge cable for sure but I believe it did. Came in a small blister pack with that and the instructions too.
2020-1-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

just saw this on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-N ... :g:cwkAAOSwSeVeEBHN
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Good find lannes!! I don’t know why that didn’t show up for me but hopefully this is what he needs to get fixed back up!! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of critter is that animal in your profile picture?? It looks so cute but it might be one of those that's so cute but would rip your head off if you got too close!!! Lol
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
United States

Ordered the base package from Apple. With 10% off it came to $360 plus tax and includes a battery obviously (so I’ll be back to 3 batteries as before). Will see if I can sell the extra controller on eBay to recoup some of the cost back.
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

DJI said in another thread they wot sell only the mini.
Better to buy mini+ rc and have some spare parts.
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini was lost at sea. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would highly recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue. I addition as of the moment purchasing the DJI Mavic Mini drone alone is not yet available on our official DJI online store. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 09:57
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini was lost at sea. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would highly recommend to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this issue. I addition as of the moment purchasing the DJI Mavic Mini drone alone is not yet available on our official DJI online store. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.

Thanks but I don’t think we need to check the logs. I just descended too much while coming down and moving forward and just flew it into the sea. It was my fault so not sure what value the logs will have unless the sensors below should have noticed the sea and not let it descent underwater. I was moving forward pretty much at full speed while descending at full speed.
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_wYcbDcN9ixD9 Posted at 1-4 16:47
Thanks but I don’t think we need to check the logs. I just descended too much while coming down and moving forward and just flew it into the sea. It was my fault so not sure what value the logs will have unless the sensors below should have noticed the sea and not let it descent underwater. I was moving forward pretty much at full speed while descending at full speed.

Thank you for these additional information you have provided us. This experience will make us better drone pilots in the future. Thank you for your support and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact DJI to purchase the drone itself, at least you didn't try to blame DJI for flying it into the sea
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules