Mavic Mini max powerload reached
2573 11 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_72XIJo1qLNo5
lvl.1

Malaysia

I have seen some Youtube videos of people flying their Mavic Mini indoors with a PGYTech cage.

I bought one for myself, and when I tried it I get a max powerload reached error.

This happens with or without the payload mode.

Anyone knows why?
2020-1-3
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are your props?  Time to change them?
2020-1-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes some people are reporting changing all their props and this problem goes away for them. Can’t say it will did yours, but worth a try if you have the extra props.
2020-1-3
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I'm at 5150 feet elevation here.  From the start, with the DJI prop guards in place, my drone has had very limited battery life and given max power errors.  But something that I learned from a YouTube video is that supposedly DJI says you should not use the prop guards at any elevation over 1500 meters (4921 feet) which is a bit lower than where I am.  So it isn't a surprise to me that my Mini struggles with the prop guards in place.

I also bought one of the PGYTECH prop cages to try.  I weighed both the pair of DJI prop guards and the PGYTECH cage.  The pair of DJI guards weigh in at 48.94 grams total.  The PGYTECH cage weighs 61.96 grams.  So it is a bit heavier than the DJI guards.

When I tried flying with the PGYTECH cage in place a while back, my Mini immediately went into an uncontrollable spin as soon as I lifted off.  So I set it back down and set that cage aside.  This was indoors.

I saw a couple of YouTube videos where a reviewer got an early copy of the Mini, and had problems with the drone dropping down to the ground as he was trying to fly at a fairly high elevation. He said that DJI worked with him, and they redesigned the prop blades and made a firmware update.  When he tried the Mini again with the new blades and new firmware, he was able to fly well at a bit over 10,000 feet elevation.

So something I've wondered about my Mini is if it came with the old-style props or the new, improved, high elevation ones.  Then I started seeing posts on here where people cured some "dropping" problems and the power warning problems by simply swapping all of their props for new ones out of their Fly More Combo kits.  If there's something to that, it may be that some Minis were shipped with the "old style" blades, but got "new style" blades in their Fly More kits such that swapping them all out gave their drone the better designed blades.

The other night, I put all new prop blades on my Mini because I've read that this can help.

Out of curiosity, I flew my Mini tonight, indoors again, with the PGYTECH cage in place.  It flew rather well for me now.  So perhaps the blade-swap is really true.

I flew for quite some time, and the only problem I did have was when I flew into a room with a forced air furnace vent blowing down from the ceiling, and flew fairly close under it, I did again get the spinning action.  So at my elevation with the extra-heavy PGYTECH cage installed, my Mini is right on the edge of its capability, even with the "new" prop blades.

Without the cage or prop guards in place, I think my Mini now has a reasonable margin of lift at my elevation.

What elevation are you at?  Do you have enough spare prop blades to swap them all?

What firmware/software version are you running?  And have you made sure all of your batteries are also updated so their firmware matches the firmware in your Mini?

Swapping the blades and being sure your batteries are all updated to match the drone's firmware may let you use the PGYTECH cage.  But if you're at a high elevation, you may be out of luck.  This tiny drone just can't carry much extra weight, and especially when it's flying at a high elevation.

2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Have you tried to check and replace the propellers of the said drone as stated on post #2 by BobWinNV. In addition, is this issue happening every time you fly the said drone? If you flew in the sport mode, and he pushed stick full, that is normal, please do not push the stick fullly to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_upNesxCuCNIe
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem after the firmware upgrade.
I lost control over the Mavic mini and it fell down by itself to the ground and bounced up by itself after it hit the ground.

I read the log. The aircraft constantly warned me "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" and "Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Aircraft max power load reached. Decrease altitude and fly with caution. If this issue persists, land immediately (Code: 30168)" shortly after take-off. It was like 20 warnings in one single second.

before the upgrade it worked pretty well fighting the wind. I was pretty impressed by the product.
Now I am disappointed by the performance because I almost lost my drone.
2020-3-3
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

djiuser_upNesxCuCNIe Posted at 3-3 21:43
I lost control over the Mavic mini and it fell down by itself to the ground and bounced up by itself after it hit the ground.

Have you upgraded all batteries or just drone? Each battery must be updated, the power controller requires up-to-date firmware.
2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_upNesxCuCNIe
lvl.1

United States

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 3-3 22:02
Have you upgraded all batteries or just drone? Each battery must be updated, the power controller requires up-to-date firmware.

I did make sure everything is up-to-date.
2020-3-4
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yeah it's been reported before. It's too heavy for the mini. PGYTECH had some of their lens filters recalled also because it caused the gimbal to shake uncontrollably during flight.
2020-3-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_upNesxCuCNIe Posted at 3-3 21:43

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 and please calibrate the IMU on a flat surface with less interference and the compass to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-4
Use props
djiuser_2T4FFzHPUAhV
New

Bangladesh

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-4 15:08
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2 and please calibrate the IMU on a flat surface with less interference and the compass to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
I'm also facing the same issue the drone suddenly fall hit the ground & started to fly.  
Any Solution??
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_2T4FFzHPUAhV Posted at 8-7 04:55
I'm also facing the same issue the drone suddenly fall hit the ground & started to fly.  
Any Solution??

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident. With regards to this concern, Since the drone experienced a hard landing. It is best for your to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose your DJI Mavic Mini. There might be internal damages causing this issue due to the crash. Thank you.
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules