2 (ghost) flights to upload...
1294 24 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

I noticed that all the times that I access to my flights log I see that there are 2 flights to be uploaded...and when I hit load it seems it does something (I see traffic going on) but nothing happens.. next time I access again to this page I see again 2 flights to upload..
I am sure that there is really no flights to upload (that's why I called them "ghost") because I made 4 flights and they are already uploaded

Did this strange behaviour happened to someone else or it's only me?

pls note the message "subida completata" in the screenshot when the upload should be completed (it's also wrong translated.. and it's not true as the upload didn't completed)

Screenshot_20200104-143613.jpg
Screenshot_20200104-143552.jpg
Screenshot_20200104-143547.jpg
2020-1-4
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

nobody has this issue?
2020-1-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I see now, not getting responses...
Well mine actually doesnt load real flights, not "ghost" ones.
Lets hope that somebody answers!
2020-1-8
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1293625 ft
Serbia

Same here. It repeats updating same flights over and over again until i exit the app. When open it again, all seems updated.
2020-1-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You don't mention which app version and on which platform, but you might try reinstalling.
2020-1-8
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

1.0.4 (latest at the moment)..
2020-1-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Ex Machina Posted at 1-8 09:12
You don't mention which app version and on which platform, but you might try reinstalling.

Mine is iPhone 6S, latest iOS 13. Dji fly app reinstalled just in case.
All firmwares up to date, refreshed using DJI Assistant 2.

My issue is I have several flights that dont upload their info. If I log out and back in in the App it shows correct total flight time and distance, however once it asks to add the flight info, it doesnt and it removes the distance and time of those "ghost" flights...
2020-1-8
Use props
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273379 ft
Norway

Just had this problem my self, first flight with the mini, went in the app to upload the flight to cloud; "upload completed".. Never showed up in the other apps on my other phone (using my old Samsung S7 for flying). But it looks like the XP points in DJI Go app updated, and also the distance here in the forum.

I tried deleting cache but then i lost the flight data for that flight. But it still says that i have 12 flights, DJI Go says only 10 flights. They dont communicate together?
2020-1-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

SveinDJI Posted at 1-8 10:26
Just had this problem my self, first flight with the mini, went in the app to upload the flight to cloud; "upload completed".. Never showed up in the other apps on my other phone (using my old Samsung S7 for flying). But it looks like the XP points in DJI Go app updated, and also the distance here in the forum.

I tried deleting cache but then i lost the flight data for that flight. But it still says that i have 12 flights, DJI Go says only 10 flights. They dont communicate together?

Hello and thanks for the info, can I ask what are XP points?
My distance and flight time is not being updated.
2020-1-9
Use props
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Norway

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-9 02:00
Hello and thanks for the info, can I ask what are XP points?
My distance and flight time is not being updated.

Dji Go 4 app for the Mavic air etc have some experience points system, dont know exactly how it works. But flights from Dji Fly app dont show in the Dji Go 4 app. But the xp points get higher.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

SveinDJI Posted at 1-9 03:00
Dji Go 4 app for the Mavic air etc have some experience points system, dont know exactly how it works. But flights from Dji Fly app dont show in the Dji Go 4 app. But the xp points get higher.

I see, I dont have any other drone than mini so I was unaware of this.
Thanks for the info!
2020-1-9
Use props
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Norway

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-9 03:14
I see, I dont have any other drone than mini so I was unaware of this.
Thanks for the info!

No problem! I loaned a Mavic Air before i purchased the Mini just to try it out.
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-8 10:21
Mine is iPhone 6S, latest iOS 13. Dji fly app reinstalled just in case.
All firmwares up to date, refreshed using DJI Assistant 2.

InspektorGadjet, after reading your post I took a look at my flight logs.  I was a bit surprised as I appear to have the same issue.  I had 3 flights that didn't upload.  After logging out of App and then back in it did now appear that the correct flight time and distance showed.  Same thing happened when prompted to add flight info, app simply removes those "ghost" flights.  Have no idea what is up with this issue.  

So, like you, I used DJI Assistant 2 to ensure AC and RC firmware was still up to date.  I uninstalled App, Deleted Fly App folder and files.  Rebooted phone and reinstalled Fly App.  Will see what happens after I go fly the MM again today.  

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Snapdragon processor) on Android 10 for my mobile device.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 04:04
InspektorGadjet, after reading your post I took a look at my flight logs.  I was a bit surprised as I appear to have the same issue.  I had 3 flights that didn't upload.  After logging out of App and then back in it did now appear that the correct flight time and distance showed.  Same thing happened when prompted to add flight info, app simply removes those "ghost" flights.  Have no idea what is up with this issue.  

So, like you, I used DJI Assistant 2 to ensure AC and RC firmware was still up to date.  I uninstalled App, Deleted Fly App folder and files.  Rebooted phone and reinstalled Fly App.  Will see what happens after I go fly the MM again today.  

Same behavior then, thanks for noting that. Maybe DJI can add some sort of "reset" flight logs to load all flight data that hasn't been properly synced.

What is weird is that airdata loads all of them with no issues.
Lets hope they do fix it.
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-9 04:12
Same behavior then, thanks for noting that. Maybe DJI can add some sort of "reset" flight logs to load all flight data that hasn't been properly synced.

What is weird is that airdata loads all of them with no issues.

Identical here to with correct loads to airdata.  Has to be some very small glitch in Fly App.  
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can you tell if all of your flights have been synced anyway? I looked at mine and in the flight center is shows 3.82 miles or 20,169.6 feet flown. But here on the forum it only shows 19846 feet. That makes me think there's something that isn't getting uploaded. I don't look at that very often, but I do have it set to auto sync.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JodyB Posted at 1-9 05:54
How can you tell if all of your flights have been synced anyway? I looked at mine and in the flight center is shows 3.82 miles or 20,169.6 feet flown. But here on the forum it only shows 19846 feet. That makes me think there's something that isn't getting uploaded. I don't look at that very often, but I do have it set to auto sync.

Hey JodyB, is true that there is some discrepancy in the complete number, for example:
- My airdata shows 78 flights, 83km distance, 10h 43min.
- My DJI Forum account 313898ft = 95676,1104m = 95km (maybe due to conversion from feet to meters?)
- My DJI FLY APP 78 flights, 68'9Km distance, 9.73 hours.

Now, if I log out and login the DJI FLY APP it shows:
- 78 flights, 83km distance, 10.8 hours ... which actually clearly matches the Airdata info.

However the App then asks me to "enable auto sync flight data over wifi" and once I click "enable" it shows again 68'9km distance and 9.73hours... failing to add some flight info, the error is more than 12km!

So my guess is that "Autosync " is not working correctly, but like some mention this seems like a very easy to fix software bug.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 04:54
Identical here to with correct loads to airdata.  Has to be some very small glitch in Fly App.

Yep, I noticed that, so if Airdata and DJI FLY APP shows correct info, it's only a matter of DJI fixing autosync so after flights have been properly synced, both should show 99% same data.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

I did some flights this afternoon and now data from APP and Airdata match, maybe was a server thingy?
Anyway will keep testing this out.
Thanks to everyone for the input and help.
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-9 10:59
I did some flights this afternoon and now data from APP and Airdata match, maybe was a server thingy?

I went to the gun range to keep my skills up and put lead on target.  On the way back I got in 2 flights with the MM.  This time the Fly App and Airdata match.  No ghost flights.  However, I'll definitely continue to keep an eye on it after future flights.

Keep on flying.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 11:27
I went to the gun range to keep my skills up and put lead on target.  On the way back I got in 2 flights with the MM.  This time the Fly App and Airdata match.  No ghost flights.  However, I'll definitely continue to keep an eye on it after future flights.

Keep on flying.

Cool, I guess whatever happened was solved... so many minis I reckon their servers are struggling lol
2020-1-9
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-9 10:59

i suspect DJI have many server issues.. maybe due to high demand after Mini launch (maybe more they expected)..
also this forum email notification system is not working properly... maybe also due to high demand..
just a guess
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

spanzetta Posted at 1-9 12:34
i suspect DJI have many server issues.. maybe due to high demand after Mini launch (maybe more they expected)..
also this forum email notification system is not working properly... maybe also due to high demand..
just a guess

Did your ghost flights went away?
It looked like something in their servers, or they were "listening" to us and changed something in their behalf, SW wise in the severs, but not due to demand I guess...
2020-1-9
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-9 14:27
Did your ghost flights went away?
It looked like something in their servers, or they were "listening" to us and changed something in their behalf, SW wise in the severs, but not due to demand I guess...

I confirm that the problem is not happening anymore .. so it looks like they solved their server problems
thanks
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

spanzetta Posted at 1-9 21:53
I confirm that the problem is not happening anymore .. so it looks like they solved their server problems
thanks

Good to know then
Happy flying!
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules