Controller Help - Red & Green Lights Flashing
5465 2 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronePilotDave
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I recently purchased an Inspire 1 drone and was given very little information and lied to about it.  So I have an Inspire 1 that I'm pretty sure is v1.  I received a TB47 battery that was defective and won't charge and GL300a for a controller (Phantom 3 Controller). So then I purchased a TB48 from a guy who also offered me a GL658B (Inspire 1 Controller).  The TB48 battery has a bump on the bottom of it, but I hear that is normal?  So I am finally able to turn on the Inspire 1 and I paired the new (used) GL658B controller. After connecting I'm receiving several errors.  For one my controller has a rapidly blinking red and green light, two it flashes between saying Aircraft Disconnected/weak image transmission signal/No positioning/Vision Mode Ready and the screen is mostly pixelated with green bands of green.  Also keeps saying Atti Mode and it has 0 satellites. Plus Warning Satellite positioning off. Fly with caution. The drone has a blinking green light that flashes 2 twice, and then pause. Looks like I have Aircraft version 1.11.01.50+, remote controller version 1.2.0.17+, and camera version 1.10.01.40.  I have been trying to upgrade the firmware on both, but nothing happens when I've tried inserting micro sd in the drone with the controller turned off for over an hour. Then tried the controller with the usb stick and after about 15 to 20 minutes it beeped 30 times then turned off and no update. I'm trying to update to the latest firmware 1.31.00.60.  Please does anyone have any advice?  This is my very first drone and I keep getting ripped off.  Maybe also the new (used) controller is bad? The guy did tell me repairs drones, but he's an hour drive away. He offered to sell me some motors too, good thing I didn't buy those lol. Also on a side note the drone and the new (used) battery and controller came from 2 different people.
2020-1-4
Use props
DronePilotDave
lvl.1

United States

Update: The DJI Go app also says I should upgrade to 1.3. So I put the firmware on the USB and turn on the controller, but the light never turns blue to show that it's updating. Could it be a broken USB port?  And the controller starts beeping after 5 minutes, not 15 to 20 and I think it's just beeping to let me know that it's about to power off. I also tried upgrading by using the micro sd card in the camera and then attached a cord from the craft to the rc usb port and no update/blue light on the rc. The light on the rc is solid red when the craft is off.
2020-1-4
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Are you turning the craft on in the house, you might not get sats inside, that might solve one of your problems. Try firing her up outside and see if it still stays in anti and acquires no satellites. USB ports are j=nkown to go bad on I1 controllers so yes it is possible. Your camera and aircraft firmware I believe shelf be the same.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules