3127 5 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneySoprano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92267 ft
Slovakia

Hi,

Wondering if anybody here can help. I purchased a DJI Mavic Mini in November and was really happy with my purchase. However, I have become increasingly disappointed in the compatibility issues I have experienced. Long story, but I recently moved jobs (and so handed back the phone I had been using to fly), and now realise that the new phone supplied to me is not compatible with the DJI Fly app (LG Q7). Furthermore, the tablet supplied is also incompatible (Lenovo Tab4 8). Anybody got any advice on how best to proceed? I saw some posters have been flying with the Lenovo Tab but when I go to Store, it says it is not compatible. Anybody any recommendations on an affordable compatible device (phone or tablet) as it now looks like I will need to purchase a device specifically for flying my drone (cheaper the better as I would not be using it for anything else).

Thanks,
2020-1-5
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Here in every second topic is written a list of the best devices!
For example here.

I believe that the most ideal option is Apple iPad mini (2019) 64Gb Wi-Fi + Cellular and jailbreak iOS!

For all tablets, you must purchase a longer interface cable.

2020-1-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Somebody in another forum with a Lenovo Tab4 8, opened the browser went to the DJI Mavic Mini downloads website , downloaded and installed the DJI Fly 1.0.4 apk file.
They say the app is now running on their tablet
2020-1-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I picked up a used iPad Mini 4 for my grandson for $180 US.  Like Alevpi says you will also need a longer cable for a tablet.
2020-1-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just saw in a different forum that the ZTE Blade Z Max Z982 works.  It is a 6" phone with decent specifications include large battery that runs $88 US on Amazon.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DroneySoprano. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what mobile device they are using when flying or operating the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition I would suggest to use a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini for reference. Thank you.

2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules