Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheDon
Captain
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 16.20.07.jpeg

I might sound like a broken record but you know the saying. The best camera is the one you have with you!

Be it just a boring day or a special one, our smartphones are with us all the time wherever we go. Life is full of surprises and there are situations when immortalising a scene or a special moment is going to be carried out with your smartphone. Year by year smartphone manufacturers implement better sensors into their flagship devices but one thing which still staying in one place is the image stabilization. Optical image stabilization is well OK-ish but so far from perfect! That’s when DJI comes into the picture!

IMG_4735.jpeg

The DJI OSMO mobile series had a long journey and the latest version really scratches perfection!

I had the chance to own all DJI OSMO mobile iterations. To be sincere I had some issues with the original OSMO Mobile 1 and even with the second version. The iPhone’s optical image stabilization did not get along with the gimbal, resulting in focus hunting issues/jittering and jelloed footage.

I’m that kind of person who doesn’t make any compromise when quality is in stakes.
Basically, there are two options to choose from before placing your order. There’s the OSMO Mobile 3 standard package and there’s the combo. Without any doubt I would strongly recommend going for the Combo.

The price difference of only 20€ is insignificant taking into consideration the items you get. I just love dedicated boxes! The peace of mind my gear is protected gives me extra confidence. To be honest the most important addition is the base stand. The retractable leg stand is the best thing that can happen to the OSMO mobile! Being an owner of the Ronin-S the legs are perfect in a run and gun situation. Hence because of it’s weight of 405gramds the OSMO Mobile 3 can be held for longer periods.

This thread is meant to show what can be done with the OSMO during a Trip. There are plenty of articles regarding the technical specs and functions. Please note that all pictures and videos have been captured solely with an iPhone X , iPhone 7 Plus, Moment lenses and my Mavic 2 Pro. My end-goal was to create a cinematic clip!

Not so long we had a short trip to Norway. I thought that the OSMO Mobile 3 would be the best tool to take some awesome shots with minimum luggage to carry! I left the huge camera bag (with all my gear)at home and went all mobile. I grabbed my Mavic 2, OSMO Mobile 3 and my Moment Lenses. To achieve those cinematic shots I mainly used my Anamorphic lens. I’ve been surprised how well the DJI OSMO handled the added weight of my iPhone X and Moment lenses. I really liked the fact that I could place the OSMO wherever I wanted because of the retractable legs.

IMG_2353.jpeg

During the trip I used my favorite lens from Moment. The Anamorphic lens is the holy grail of filmmaking. The wide screen cinematic look makes the video on the iPHone X to look like a movie.

IMG_2338.jpeg

The Osmo Mobile 3 is also a great tool to take pictures! You can use landscape-mode to capture stunning and cinematic footage. You can also switch to portrait mode to take selfies, which can easily be shared to different social media platforms like Facebook & Instargam. Youc an also shoot a family picture by setting the timer.

IMG_4719.jpeg
Before I continue with ending the the rest of the review please check the video! ;)

Here's what I really like about the OSMO Mobile 3:

• Price - quality ratio is the best out there
  • Multiple buttons and functions make it easy to use
IMG_4239.jpg
  • rertractable legs and the possibility to attach the Osmo Mobile 3 to different 1/4 mounting systems
stand.png

• thanks to it's ergonomic grip it's relally comfortable to hold for longer periods of time
  • awesome Battery-Life

Wish y'all a Happy New Year and let me know what you think! ;)

2020-1-5
Use props
Guayar
lvl.2
Poland

Ok, for iPhone it might be ok, but it is totally crap if comes to Android, which should be clearly stated. It is gimbal only for iOS.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing the beautful footage!! I'm happy that you enjoy the osmo3~
2020-1-6
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Panda Posted at 1-6 03:42
Thanks for sharing the beautful footage!! I'm happy that you enjoy the osmo3~

Hey Panda! Really glad you like it! Thank you!
2020-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good work!.
Yes it seems to be
2020-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2020-1-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Guayar Posted at 1-5 14:07
Ok, for iPhone it might be ok, but it is totally crap if comes to Android, which should be clearly stated. It is gimbal only for iOS.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the android platform!
2020-1-7
Use props
TheDon
Captain
  • >>>
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 1-7 05:22
Very good work!.
Yes it seems to be

Thank you! I'm more than satisfied with it
2020-1-7