Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

Hello guys,

I have to questions in my mind that I wanted to ask you guys,

1) Does smart battery of MM has battery discharge feature like on other drones? In DJI GO 4, in the battery settings you can set the days before the battery goes into storage mode where it discharges itself to a storage voltage. I could not see any option in the settings of DJI Fly App.

2) Related to RTH; If you are in S mode and you pressed RTH, does drone return home with sport mode speed? or again 8m/s? Since it is windy outside, I could not had chance to fly my MM outside yet

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Happy and safe flying!
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Burak C. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiries. The DJI Mavic Mini battery does not have a days until automatic self-discharge setting. For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub, or insert it into the aircraft and power on the aircraft to discharge it until the battery level drops to 40-65% ( two to three battery level indicators light up ). For the RTH speed. If the RTH is triggered when on S mode the RTH speed will go back to the P Mode speed of the drone when returning to the Home Point. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-5 10:37
Hello and good day Burak C. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiries. The DJI Mavic Mini battery does not have a days until automatic self-discharge setting. For a battery that will be kept idle for more than ten days, discharge it with the two-way charging hub, or insert it into the aircraft and power on the aircraft to discharge it until the battery level drops to 40-65% ( two to three battery level indicators light up ). For the RTH speed. If the RTH is triggered when on S mode the RTH speed will go back to the P Mode speed of the drone when returning to the Home Point. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thank you for the answer Stephen! What is the procedure for discharging with the hub?
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Burak C. Posted at 1-5 10:39
Thank you for the answer Stephen! What is the procedure for discharging with the hub?

You are very much welcome Burak C. In discharging the battery using the DJI Mavic Mini's charging hub. Insert the Intelligent Flight Battery into the charging hub without connecting it to the charger, then connect any external device to the USB port in the charging hub. The Intelligent Flight Battery with the lowest power level will be discharged first and the rest in sequence according to their power levels. The status LEDs will display the power level of the battery that supplies power when the external devices are being charged. Thank you.
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

Okay thanks so much again
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Burak C. Posted at 1-5 10:49
Okay thanks so much again

You are very much welcome Burak C. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Lets say I have 3 batteries in the charging hub, battery 1 with 90%, battery 2 with 80% and battery 3 with 70% power level. Now I connect it to charge a powerbank, smartphone or what else. As I understand battery 3 will be discharged first ... to which level ... but not 0% = over discharged or ? If it is best to hold 40-65% I would have to keep watching the status leds until only 2 light up, then remove battery 3 because I don't want over discharge. Now for battery 2 and 1 the same ... very cumbersome. Would be good I place all batteries in the hub, let charge the connected device and finally ALL 3 batteries would have been discharged to an optimal level, e.g 45%. I always wonder where there is intelligence ... at the hub or the batteries...mmmh.
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

jonny007 Posted at 1-5 11:54
Lets say I have 3 batteries in the charging hub, battery 1 with 90%, battery 2 with 80% and battery 3 with 70% power level. Now I connect it to charge a powerbank, smartphone or what else. As I understand battery 3 will be discharged first ... to which level ... but not 0% = over discharged or ? If it is best to hold 40-65% I would have to keep watching the status leds until only 2 light up, then remove battery 3 because I don't want over discharge. Now for battery 2 and 1 the same ... very cumbersome. Would be good I place all batteries in the hub, let charge the connected device and finally ALL 3 batteries would have been discharged to an optimal level, e.g 45%. I always wonder where there is intelligence ... at the hub or the batteries...mmmh.

To my knowledge, it just discharges until 0%, since this is a smart battery, 0% is not overdischarge, i think 3.2V is 0%. A overdischarged battery is 3V which is dead. But as you said, swapping all batteries to maintain 40-65% for each battery is for storage which is the best. Because leaving battery empty and full is not good. Just make 0% battery if you will charge it soon. Otherwise storage percentage is fine.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_7tOJJc61DWrr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927621 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-5 10:47
You are very much welcome Burak C. In discharging the battery using the DJI Mavic Mini's charging hub. Insert the Intelligent Flight Battery into the charging hub without connecting it to the charger, then connect any external device to the USB port in the charging hub. The Intelligent Flight Battery with the lowest power level will be discharged first and the rest in sequence according to their power levels. The status LEDs will display the power level of the battery that supplies power when the external devices are being charged. Thank you.

Hello!  How long is the battery discharge percentage?
2020-1-5
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-5 10:37

Attention and care with what is being said here. If we put the battery in the drone, we turn it on and let it discharge, what we are going to get is that the drone processor is OVERHEAT, shortening its life greatly. It would be more efficient, to raise the flight to the parking height and leave it static until the battery indicator shows 60%, apart from being much faster the discharge, it is safe for the aircraft, as it self-ventilates. DJI Stephen, please correct me if you think I am wrong.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JM.REYES Posted at 1-5 13:09
Attention and care with what is being said here. If we put the battery in the drone, we turn it on and let it discharge, what we are going to get is that the drone processor is OVERHEAT, shortening its life greatly. It would be more efficient, to raise the flight to the parking height and leave it static until the battery indicator shows 60%, apart from being much faster the discharge, it is safe for the aircraft, as it self-ventilates. DJI Stephen, please correct me if you think I am wrong.

Hello and good day JM.REYES. Thank you for sharing this information with regards to this matter. You are correct with regards to this process. The DJI Mavic Mini does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the aircraft to dissipate heat. After the aircraft is powered on(about 15 min) and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. It is best to use the DJI Mavic Mini charging hub to discharge the said batteries or fling the drone to also discharge the batteries of the DJI Mavic Mini. Again thank you for these information and thank you for your support.
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

JM.REYES Posted at 1-5 13:09
Attention and care with what is being said here. If we put the battery in the drone, we turn it on and let it discharge, what we are going to get is that the drone processor is OVERHEAT, shortening its life greatly. It would be more efficient, to raise the flight to the parking height and leave it static until the battery indicator shows 60%, apart from being much faster the discharge, it is safe for the aircraft, as it self-ventilates. DJI Stephen, please correct me if you think I am wrong.

I think you are right. I choose to charge my phone or my RC via the hub. Or hovering seems a better solution.
2020-1-5
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Using the drone to hover in order to discharge the batteries seems to me like adding unnecessary wear to the drone’s motors. It’s much easier to just plug your phone in the battery hub and charge it.
2020-1-5
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Ice_2k Posted at 1-5 13:50
Using the drone to hover in order to discharge the batteries seems to me like adding unnecessary wear to the drone’s motors. It’s much easier to just plug your phone in the battery hub and charge it.
Believe me, to be able to lower the battery to 60% it is only required at most 10 minutes of static flight, in this way the rotors are at minimum gas, far from wear, brushless motors have VERY LONG CYCLES OF LIFE, to notice Early deterioration we would have to take them to the limit on each flight, and that is not the case.
On the other hand, his idea to "recycle" battery power, using it to recharge other devices, using it as a Power bank is a very good and correct idea.
2020-1-6
Use props
trepacho
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen, will you answer the question?  If the hub is used as a power bank, how many percent of the batteries are drained?
2020-1-6
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

trepacho Posted at 1-6 09:36
DJI Stephen, will you answer the question?  If the hub is used as a power bank, how many percent of the batteries are drained?

It's a kind of open end question. It depends what you connect and how long you stay connected
2020-1-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

And you have to keep an eye on the hub until only 2 leds are lit, remove the 1st battery, observe the 2nd, remove it and the same with the 3rd. If you miss the right time to remove the battery, you have to recharge it and so on and so on.
2020-1-6
Use props
trepacho
lvl.4
Bulgaria

So it's a manual process, not an automatic one!  Great service on "smart" batteries!
2020-1-6
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

Yes, automatic storage mode would be nice like the other models. This way you have to keep eye on the percentage
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules