905 4 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b_hirsch_photo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37923 ft
France

Hello

when I go to the controls in my new Mavic Mini on the settings for the communication I see a band selection box showing 5 GHZ and a selection button for auto or manual above the channels ... but I dont see a selection to 2,4 GHZ anywhere , even in manual or click on the 5GHZ I dont get a option to switch to 2,4 GHZ ... is this normal ?
I always thought that 2,4 GHZ is the more stable & longer reach band ... so as I dont send video for recording to the phone I would prefer the more "reach" band possible to fly further more secure ... is 2,4 GHZ not at all available for the mini in Europe or how do I switch ?

Thanks in advance

Bjoern
2020-1-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Yes it is normal because the selected channel is in 5ghz. If you put manual I think the 10 first channels are in 2.4ghz
2020-1-9
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

My first flight in remote area it was at 5Ghz in AUTO. Next few flights in the city was 2,4Ghz AUTO again. I'll check again this weekend that I'll fly in the city.
2020-1-9
Use props
b_hirsch_photo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37923 ft
France

Niknik Posted at 1-9 03:10
Yes it is normal because the selected channel is in 5ghz. If you put manual I think the 10 first channels are in 2.4ghz

Thank you , that solved my problem. Does it make sense to « force » 2,4 GH to extend the flying distance ?
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bjoern, you can switch the channel between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. First set the channel mode to "Manual", and before the aircraft takes off, you can choose from the channels shown on the bottom of the app. A channel numbered above 140 is a 5.8 GHz channel, and there are five of them (four in Korea). The other 13 channels are 2.4 GHz channels.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules