DJI repair service terrible + absurd "free" shipping
1081 4 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukeh99
lvl.1

United States

Bought a brand new mavic 2 pro about a month ago directly from dji, barely got to use it and all of the sudden the controller no longer takes a charge. So i send it back for repairs as they suggested, they send me a free UPS label, i'm assuming this is like any other normal UPS shipment, 2-3 days max. Turns out they opted for some incredibly cheap ups service I never knew existed, takes 2 weeks for the controller to reach the Texas plant, unreal.
Made a couple phone calls and online chat, one guy couldn't even find the case, just vanished into thin air. Next guy is saying anything he can to get me off the phone, with no real information.
3rd guy finally has some info, I told them this shipment option is not working for me, this drone is for work and we needed it back yesterday for a huge job I'm not going to be able to do now. At first he told me expedited shipping isn't possible, then he said its available for $155.00...LOL WHAT. It's a controller, I have overnighted packages 4x this size for half that price.

My case is still sitting as conducting damage assesment for 2 days now, guess what there is no damage, it's a brand new controller and I assure you i have plugged in thousands of mini/c usb cables. The guy on the phone says they will most likely send me a new controller, great so send me a new controller, why is this trillion dollar company nickel and diming me to death?

This is a brand new drone that is for work, we barely flew the damn thing before it needed repairs and the customer service has been an absolute nightmare and DJI is so greedy they refuse to pay for a respectable shipping time, unreal. Last DJI drone I ever buy.
Autel Evo 2 can't be launched soon enough.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi lukeh99, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the shipping label was created on 12/31/2019 and delivered on 01/08/2020, sorry that we only provide the ground shipping at the moment, otherwise, you will need to ship the device on your own cost for the expedited shipping.
Your case will be escalated to the appropriate department for a better follow-up, we hope you will get the RC back soon.
2020-1-9
Use props
lukeh99
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 19:47
Hi lukeh99, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the shipping label was created on 12/31/2019 and delivered on 01/08/2020, sorry that we only provide the ground shipping at the moment, otherwise, you will need to ship the device on your own cost for the expedited shipping.
Your case will be escalated to the appropriate department for a better follow-up, we hope you will get the RC back soon.

See i keep getting different responses, one guy told me ground only, next guy said I could pay $155.00 to have it shipped faster. I don't understand the amount of misinformation within the same company?
Also if I had known at the time the shipping method was the cheapest UPS option, I would have paid for my own shipping, there was no obvious way of seeing it was the slow method.

Also, can you tell me why my DJI credit has been pending in my account for over a month now?

Thanks for your response, I hope the people that are high up in DJI chain are seeing what issues their policies are creating for customers.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

lukeh99 Posted at 1-10 07:24
See i keep getting different responses, one guy told me ground only, next guy said I could pay $155.00 to have it shipped faster. I don't understand the amount of misinformation within the same company?
Also if I had known at the time the shipping method was the cheapest UPS option, I would have paid for my own shipping, there was no obvious way of seeing it was the slow method.

Thanks for the details, your feedback about our customer support team has been forwarded to our management department for further investigation, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-1-11
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

lukeh99,

I'm with you brother. I've experienced the same exact nightmare that it is dealing with DJI "support", you have to remember this is still a chinese company, who doesn't understand how business works in America. I'm 100% with you, they should be able to offer FREE 2 day shipping minimum to every customer. That's customer service. Go to Louis Vuitton, spend over $2.000 USD on their product, you better belive they will roll out a red carpet and treat you with the respect you deserve. DJI has much to learn.
I have tried over and over to tell themabout how horrible their "support" is but they don't listen or care, so not much else we can do, other than not buy their products.

Best we can do is spread the word to other customers.
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules